SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYT INVESTIGATES ADOPTION OF ROBERTS CHILDREN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: NYT INVESTIGATES ADOPTION OF ROBERTS CHILDREN Reply with quote

From Drudge:

Quote:
NY TIMES INVESTIGATES ADOPTION RECORDS OF SUPREME COURT NOMINEE'S CHILDREN

**Exclusive**

The NEW YORK TIMES is looking into the adoption records of the children of Supreme Court Nominee John G. Roberts, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The TIMES has investigative reporter Glen Justice hot on the case to investigate the status of adoption records of Judge Roberts’ two young children, Josie age 5 and Jack age 4, a top source reveals.

Judge Roberts and his wife Jane adopted the children when they each were infants.

Both children were adopted from Latin America.

A TIMES insider claims the look into the adoptions records are part of the paper's "standard background check."

Roberts’ young son Jack delighted millions of Americans during his father’s Supreme Court nomination announcement ceremony when he wouldn’t stop dancing while the President and his father spoke to a national television audience.

Previously the WASHINGTON POST Style section had published a story criticizing the outfits Mrs. Roberts had them wear at the announcement ceremony.

One top Washington official with knowledge of the NEW YORK TIMES action declared: “Trying to pry into the lives of the Roberts’ family like this is despicable. Children’s lives should be off limits. The TIMES is putting politics over fundamental decency.”

One top Republican official when told of the situation was incredulous. “This can’t possibly be true?”

Developing......

Doesn't this step over the line?? The Libs are desperate!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm going to boycott buying a Sunday issue of the NY
Times every spring. Now I'll have to steal one if I want to
start my Bar-Be-Que with about the only paper to use real
pulp wood. That re-cycled paper goes out in my charcoal
lighter.

Mad
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is about the lowest thing I have ever heard of and I live next to the Mariannis Trench.

The NY Times is like the Whale Crap that falls into the trench.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a horrible thing for Roberts and his wife to do. Imagine, adopting children and giving them a good and decent home. Rolling Eyes

I guess the New York Slime feels the children would better off sloshing through sewer infested streets in a third world country?

Everytime I think a Liberal can't slink any lower, they do just that. Confused
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NY Times must be getting a lot of complaints.
They felt compelled to issue this letter:
Quote:
Dear Reader,
Thanks for writing to us.

While the public editor does not usually get involved in pre-publication matters, Bill Keller, the executive editor of the paper, told us that he would not stand for any gratuitous reporting about the Roberts’s children. He said that as an adoptive parent he is particularly sensitive about this issue.

In addition, a senior editor at the paper wrote, “In the case of Judge Roberts’s family, our reporters made initial inquiries about the adoptions, as they did about many other aspects of his background. They did so with great care, understanding the sensitivity of the issue. We did not order up an investigation of the adoptions. We have not pursued the issue after the initial inquiries, which detected nothing irregular about the adoptions.”

Sincerely,
Joe Plambeck
Office of the Public Editor
The New York Times

Note: The public editor’s opinions are his own and do not represent those of The New York Times

This just makes me so irate!! The Left don't care what damage they do to innocent children's life. LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE!! I would feel the same way no matter which party was doing it.

Erick at Red State says it well. Read his commentary at:

http://www.redstate.org/story/2005/8/4/214522/3844
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to figure out what the NYT wants to find out, I had to stop, sit down and force myself to think in the gutter. This is what I came up with: How did the Roberts "score" two white blonde kids when even well deserving, right (meaning far far left) thinking friends of ours (NYT) like Angeline Jolie and Woody Allen can't? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: