SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Veteran Salute Our Troops -- And Their Mission"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: "Veteran Salute Our Troops -- And Their Mission" Reply with quote

I’m creating a new thread to replace/continue the ‘Is it time for a "Million Veterans March"?’ thread (http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19911&highlight=) since we’ve decided there have been too many “Million This” and “Million That” marches that overpromised and underdelivered, and that we want to accomplish more than just organizing one big march (which we still want but know we can’t arrange by Veterans Day).

We’ll try to keep this thread up to date with any major developments, but mainly I’m hoping y’all will use it to feed us ideas and suggestions about how to accomplish what we want to, and to let us know what you’re doing that we’d want to know about.

Our new (almost empty at this time) blog is ready for its public debut at http://www.veteranssupportourtroops.org/blog/. I’ve inaugurated it with an appropriate Russ Vaughn poem I think you’ll like. Come by and see us!
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sure be following the progress on this effort. I'm off in the deep E. Tx. piney woods but anything I can do to help just holler.
The point of not letting another Vietnam pullout catastrophy occur has to be achieved. The silent majority can't be silent this time around and the doves are gathering their forces as we contemplate.
The sooner this all comes together and gets moving the better it will be.
I'm off to check out the blogspot.

Dusty
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to know we have your support, Dusty. Making good things happen is going to require a lot of local organizing, letters to the local paper, calls to radio stations, etc. I moved out of the Dallas area a couple of years ago but the last I knew KRLD and WBAP both had call-in talk shows that might be useful for getting the word out to the rest of the public.

Our blog's nearly a blank slate right now. I'd be glad to publish appropriate letters from any and all. I got the blog itself in place and then discovered that posting to it takes a little more effort than I'd expected. I've had my own blog for several months and had designed several web pages before that, so nI can handle it, but we may end up having to do something different for everyone on the team to be able to post to it without making a mess -- possibly even a different blog with a note at the top of the one we have now telling everyone where it moved to.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An invitation to help us out

I just posted this at http://www.veteranssupportourtroops.org/blog/:

Quote:
Will you help us make this a true "team" blog?

Well, we're at that point every new blog passes through -- lots of empty space waiting for someone to fill it up. Maybe you can help, especially if you wear, or have worn, this country's uniform, or if someone close to you does or has. How do you feel about finishing the job in the Mideast, as opposed to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory like we did in Viet Nam? Write us, or write an open letter to the public or the President and copy us, making your feelings on the subject known. I'd love to post a dozen letter a day saying "I'm a Marine/Soldier/Sailor/Airman and I don't believe in leaving before the job's done, but I'll also post "My husband/wife/son/ daughter is over there and I just want him/her home" letters. I'm taking a gamble, but I think we'll get a lot more of the first type than the other. That address is vetssupportourtroops@gmail.com, or you can post your letter in the comments and I'll move it to a post of its own. So, who'll be first?

Long letters, short notes, the kind of things some of you have posted here wishing us well with our project. Email them, leave them as a comment on the blog, or post them here with a note saying "put this on your blog." You write 'em, I'll post 'em.

Thanks to all of you who've posted here, emailed, and PM'd wishing us luck and asking how to help. Well, this is one way you can help. Thanks.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A request for help:

Can anyone here draw, or is do any of you have magical skills with PhotoShop? I have a picture in my mind I think would be perfect for the banner on the Veterans Support Our Troops blog but there doesn't seem to be anyone on our core team with the ability to create it. Any volunteers? I won't bore you with a detailed description of what I have in mind until I know whether there's any chance of getting someone to do it.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Faith wrote:
A request for help:

Can anyone here draw, or is do any of you have magical skills with PhotoShop? I have a picture in my mind I think would be perfect for the banner on the Veterans Support Our Troops blog but there doesn't seem to be anyone on our core team with the ability to create it. Any volunteers? I won't bore you with a detailed description of what I have in mind until I know whether there's any chance of getting someone to do it.

I have a younger sister in Ca. that can do magic stuff with Photoshop Bill.
You know how to contact me.

Dusty
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Bill Faith wrote:
A request for help:

I have a younger sister in Ca. that can do magic stuff with Photoshop Bill.
You know how to contact me.

Dusty

Thanks, Dusty, and thanks for the comments on our blog. I realized since posting that last post that the picture I had in mind could raise legal issue, but I'll see if I can come up with an idea, and we're always open to suggestions.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: