SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deport all who 'spit hate' - Former British PM Major

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Deport all who 'spit hate' - Former British PM Major Reply with quote

I wish someone here had the cojones to say this

from Drudge:

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/PA_NEWA21848461122279557A0?source=PA%20Feed

Quote:
Deport all who 'spit hate' - Major
25 July 2005

People who "spit hate" at the British way of life should be deported, Tory former Prime Minister John Major said.

Mr Major spoke of the "uncomfortable reality" that many terrorists were born or lived in the UK but had been taught to hate its culture.

"There seem to be many people who, for reasons that are irrational, dislike the Anglo-Saxon way of life," he said.

He called for heavier penalties for those who incited violence at this "particularly sensitive time".

"Always difficult to balance this against freedom of speech but I think, at the moment, it is justifiable to protect the public," he argued.

Mr Major added: "As far as those who literally spit hate at our country and there are some of them - they spit hate at our country and they incite - I personally would be prepared to deport those where it is clear that what they are doing is causing civil unrest and may cost other people, as a result of that, their lives."

He also called for more CCTV cameras to deter the threat and the use of intercept evidence in courts. Interviewed on the BBC Radio 4 Today programme, Mr Major urged the Government to consult widely over new anti-terror legislation.

"They are going to have to carry people with them at this moment," he warned.

He also defended the controversial shoot-to kill policy that led to the death of Jean Charles de Menezes.

"I rather prefer the expression shoot to protect rather than shoot to kill - I think that is a more accurate description of what happened."
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wish someone here had the cojones to say this

we'd have to first get rid of the ACLU , and all this PC posturing
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate wrote:
Quote:
we'd have to first get rid of the ACLU , and all this PC posturing

Fine by me. When can we start shipping em out? The sooner the better.

Dusty
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are going to do it! Tony Blair announced it today -go Brits!!
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid it will take scores dead from a suicide bomber here in the USA before terrorist profiling will go forward. People will die on the high altar of PC and even then the ACLU will have to be dragged kicking and screaming by majority opinion and a cut in contributions (its always the $$$) from enough kool-aid drinkers who finally put down the punch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: