SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Army friend in Iraq requests help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: US Army friend in Iraq requests help! Reply with quote

I saw this on FreeRepublic, and thought I would post it here for some extra exposure. Maybe someone can help-

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1459685/posts

US Army friend in Iraq requests help!

Posted on 08/09/2005 4:59:08 AM PDT by Mudcat

A buddy of mine is a Captain in the US Army in Iraq, and needs help. He is a logistics officer, and a big part of his mission is to help equip the Iraqi army, so they are prepared to take over US Army missions - which will help bring our troops home sooner rather than later. I received the following message from him last week, and told him that if no one else had helped him within 7 days, to let me know because I have "a few friends at a very patriotic website who might be able to help" -- of course, this means Freepers! Here's his message:

Quote:
Forwarded message from II II ----- Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 08:44:22 -0400 From: II II Reply-To: II II Subject: Request info for Nissan Parts To: rushnelson@gmail.com
Hello. I have been trying get the US Army system to order Nissan repair parts for the Iraqi Army, so they can repair their broken equipment, but the Army has been unsuccessful. I am now asking associates if they know if there are dealers that sell Nissan Parts over here in Iraq, (or any other way to get Nissan parts here!). My next approach is surfing the web, but I think I will come up with the same answer. Any info will be greatly appreciated. I just want to help the Iraqis win this war so our soldiers can come home. If they can do it with Nissan Parts, I'll take two air filters and a fan belt! Thanks all.

JUICE (Captain Julius Boyd II)

P.S. - here are three of the vehicles we are researching. They were donated to Iraq, without additional parts. That is our dillema.

PS: He has the ability to procure/purchase materials, so this is not a request for donations. He mentions needing two air filters and a belt right away, but he's actually looking more for a parts source for additional items. If any Freepers know of a US Nissan dealer who is willing to help research/send parts to him in Iraq, I think that solution would probably work best. PLEASE SEND ANY INFO THAT CAN HELP TO CAPTAIN JULIUS "JUICE" BOYD AT iijlb@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: