SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The trouble with Carter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: The trouble with Carter Reply with quote

This article sums up Jimmy pretty well I would say.

by Klaus Rohrich
Friday, August 5, 2005

Jimmy Carter, the peanut farmer and former U.S. President, has a huge problem: his mouth. The things emanating from that orifice are bizarre in the extreme, considering that Carter was arguably the worst president in the history of the United States. His most recent foot-in-mouth episode involves his running commentary on George W. Bush’s veracity and the "atrocities" committed by American soldiers in the war on terrorism. Carter maintains that had the U.S. not waged war against the Taliban who were sponsors of Osama bin Laden’s al Qaeda network, or deposed Saddam Hussein, then the Islamic terrorists would have no excuse for attacking the West.

To say this sentiment is naïve is charitable, given Carter’s history of extreme failure as America’s 39th president. For those too young to remember, under Carter’s tenure in the White House inflation and interest rates rose to their highest levels since the Second World War. In 1978 interest rates of 20 percent were not unheard of, as Carter dithered with the U.S. economy. It was also under Carter’s watch that Iranian fundamentalist Muslims took 66 American diplomats hostage and held them for 444 days, while Carter was powerless to do anything but posture.

It is ironic that this happened, as Carter was directly responsible for the Ayatollah Khomeini’s takeover of Iran. Carter had decided that Mohammed Reza Palavi, the Shah of Iran and a committed friend of the United States, wasn’t democratic enough for Carter’s taste. As a result, Carter insisted the Shah democratize his regime, the result of which was the takeover of Iran by the Ayatollah when the Shah left Iran for cancer treatment in the U.S.

More ironically still, the takeover of Iran by the Islamic fundamentalists emboldened Saddam Hussein, who had just begun his tenure as absolute dictator of Iraq. Believing that the departure of the Shah and the chilling of American/Iranian relations would render Iran ripe for an invasion, Saddam attacked Iran in hopes of securing that country’s oil fields and deposing the Shia Muslim theocracy there. The result was that over 1,000,000 men died during that conflict, which remained at a stalemate for years.

Had Carter not been instrumental in deposing the Shah, then Saddam would likely have remained a bit player in the region, which might have resulted in greater stability.

In 2002, Carter was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize "for his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development". This sounds to me like it may have been the booby prize, given that Carter actually never accomplished anything concrete that resulted in the resolution of international conflicts, the advancement of democracy or even the promotion of economic and social development. Quite the opposite, as under Carter’s reign the "misery index", which was Carter’s own invention (leave it to a Democrat to focus on misery), climbed by over 50 percent! But then, we have to remember that the Nobel Peace prize also went to Yassar Arafat, the notorious murderer who is responsible for thousands of deaths, both among Israelis as well as Palestinians.

It’s so characteristic of Democrats in the U.S. to take total failures, flunkies who accomplish less than nothing, and elevate them to some mythical pantheon of liberal heroes because they had good intentions. My grandmother used to tell me that the road to hell was paved with them.

Rather than trying to score political points with those who are trying to kill us, Jimmy Carter might be well advised to read some history. I strongly recommend European history between, say, 1930 and 1945. There are some wonderful lessons to be learned in the comparison between Neville Chamberlain and Winston Churchill. The former, Like Jimmy Carter, wanted to appease the enemy, while the latter, Like George Bush, took steps to defend his country.

Klaus Rohrich is columnist with Canada Free Press.
He can be reached at: letters@canadafreepress.com.

I like this Canook.

You can reach the site here:

www.canadafreepress.com/2005/klaus080505.htm

Independent that leans right of center.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on!!
A scathing analysis of the failures and treachery of this incompetent, malicious man!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent and accuracte analysis by a non-US citizen.
Good work, my brother to the North.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outstanding! (although I wish he had added how Carter destroyed southern Florida)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, it was Carter that issued a total and complete amnesty to all Viet Nam Era Draft Dodgers, free for the taking, as his very first official act of office. At least Ford, prior to that, offered them a chance to return, provided they served in a public capacity for a specified length of time, 2 years, I believe.

Carter just welcomed them back with open arms, which to me, declared them heroes and validated their stance, slapping the face of every person who answered the draft and served in the military during that time.
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it appears to me people who do nothing in the war on terror are heaped praise?

People who stand up and defend themsleves and us are bashed day in and day out. !

Jimmuh getting a nobel prize is insane? but didn't yasser arafat get one?..laffin here.

Billy bob will get one next cause he did nuttin. not counting the ovel office flolicks.

Jimmuh did nothing for the hostages? but they were released on the day Ronald Regan became President.

he Jimmuh helped give the islamist thier first taste of success on holding a super power hostage. He should hang his head in shame.

Leeman
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny, almost everyone I've ever known who was in the military under Carter (including me! Wink ) believes that he was a complete fool, ineffectual at nearly everything he touched and totally gutless.

Our military had not suffered to the degree that it did after Carter took office since the Revolutionary War.

And yet the media gives him credence as some sort of font of military knowledge?

Just how the hell does that happen?

Man, I want a job like that - one in which I don't have to actually know anything, but I get lots of press and honoraria $$$$ for making ignorant and slanderous comments about presidents who have the balls that I didn't have to do what I didn't do!

What a cool racket, hm? Confused
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmuh graduated from Annapolis and spent time in the Navy in Nuclear Subs under Admiral Rickover. Somehow he got through, so the MSM decided he was a military man in the same mode as hardened combat vet John sKerry. Jimmuh remains clueless.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leeman wrote:

People who stand up and defend themsleves and us are bashed day in and day out. !

Jimmuh getting a nobel prize is insane? but didn't yasser arafat get one?..laffin here.

Billy bob will get one next cause he did nuttin. not counting the ovel office flolicks.

Jimmuh did nothing for the hostages? but they were released on the day Ronald Regan became President.

Your statement is to true. Persons that are weak on defense like Carter, Kerry and Kennedy get praise for their positions and Warriors are treated as scum and incorrect.

he Jimmuh helped give the islamist thier first taste of success on holding a super power hostage. He should hang his head in shame.

Leeman

lftrn97
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Might Carter Center answer SKerry discharge status question? Reply with quote

I wonder if the Careter blanket pardon order required a list of names and if so whether it is partof the archives at jimmy's world government hq
Army_(Ret)
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
Leeman wrote:

Your statement is to true. Persons that are weak on defense like Carter, Kerry and Kennedy get praise for their positions and Warriors are treated as scum and incorrect.

Leeman

"Jimmuh did nothing for the hostages? but they were released on the day Ronald Regan became President. "
I'll never forget that, it was so funny because it defined social liberalism perfectly. He sat there in the Whitehouse with the media covering him with his face looking down between his knees and wringing his hands. Then the hostages were released. The whole episode by himself and the media backfired.

Another funny episode was his energy saving. All good liberals had their home thermostats set. He shut off Mondale's hot water to his quarters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: