SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You Don't Speak For Me Cindy! (tour)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: You Don't Speak For Me Cindy! (tour) Reply with quote

MoveAmericaForward
Tour starts Monday from CA, arrives Crawford Sat 27th
Freepers have joined the effort. Visit the site for itinerary, info on joining the caravan, or at stops along the route.

Marine Mom Deborah Johns – ad "Cindy doesn't speak for me"
http://www.moveamericaforward.org/Video/MAFO7450-HI.wmv

More from Deborah Johns
"She takes exception to Sheehan's protest and plans to do something about it."
news article -- with video clip at the bottom of this page
http://www.news10.net/storyfull1.asp?id=12639

This tour gaining momentum, fast. Talk radio & blogs covering this already....so stay tuned for next Sat in Crawford!
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links. Spreading the word. Very Happy
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backlash Against Cindy Sheehan Grows

News Release
Radio Talk Show Hosts Joining the “You Don’t Speak for Me, Cindy” Caravan

Quote:

(SACRAMENTO) – Cindy Sheehan has announced she plans to return “very soon” to her anti-war vigil in Crawford, Texas. When, and if she does, she’ll find she has some company.

The national organization that supports our troops and the war against terrorism, Move America Forward (website: www.MoveAmericaForward.org), is leading the “You Don’t Speak for Me, Cindy” tour, and the effort is growing by the hour.

Military families and talk radio hosts are bringing Americans along caravans – with all roads leading to Crawford, Texas for a giant “We Support Our Troops & Their Mission” rally in Crawford on Saturday, August 27, 2005. Leading the delegation is Deborah Johns of Northern California Marine Moms. Deborah’s son, William, has served 2 tours of duty in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

The main caravan leaves from San Francisco, California on Monday morning (August 21st). Supporters will be joining the caravan along the way and cheering it on at stops. The caravan heads throughout California (stopping in Sacramento, Fresno, Bakersfield, Los Angeles and San Diego) traveling through Arizona (stopping in Phoenix) and New Mexico (stopping in Albuquerque). Once in Texas the caravan will pick up even more supporters at stops at Amarillo, Fort Worth, Dallas and Waco before arriving in Crawford.

Radio Hosts Joining the Caravan

Talk radio hosts are helping to promote this event – with many joining the caravan along the way.

The caravan kicks off in San Francisco where Melanie Morgan of KSFO 560 AM will lead her listeners along the first leg of the caravan. Morgan will also travel to Dallas, Texas on Friday to join the final two legs of the caravan into Crawford.

“For the past few weeks this nation has heard from those voices in America who advocate surrender in the war against terrorism. Now, it’s time to hear from the other side of this debate. We are going to rally Americans together to show the terrorists overseas that our nation has not lost its resolve nor its nerve to prevail in the fight against their violent, extremist agenda,” said Melanie Morgan who serves as Chairman of Move America Forward.

When the caravan arrives in Sacramento, California it will stop off at the studios of KFBK 1530 AM – where KFBK’s Mark Williams will interview the caravan attendees as he fills in for the “Tom Sullivan Show.” Williams will get live reports on the caravan each day before he flies to Dallas, Texas on Friday to join the final two legs of the caravan into Crawford.

“Since our region of northern California is the place Cindy Sheehan calls home, we owe it to the nation to present another voice from this area. That’s why Deborah Johns, the Marine mother, and I are heading to Crawford, Texas. We have a message for the President and the American people: Now is not the time to pull our support from the heroic mission our sons and daughters are serving in Iraq,” said Williams.

Talk show host Martha Zoller of WDUN 550 AM Atlanta/Gainesville is also heading to Dallas to join the final two legs of the caravan and she’s invited her listeners to come down for the caravan and pro-troop rally in Crawford on August 27th – to stand by her side.

“I am going on the "you don't speak for me, Cindy" tour because of the American heroes who have lost their lives in the Global War on Terror. Casey Sheehan is an American hero and he had to live with the knowledge that his mother didn't understand what he was doing...he had to die with that knowledge, too. The media has elevated Cindy Sheehan as the voice of those families who have lost loved ones, but Cindy Sheehan speaks for a very small minority. We’re going to tell the rest of the story now,” said Zoller.

Also traveling from the Atlanta area is Lt. Col. Buzz Patterson (Ret. – U.S. Air Force) who broadcasts “The Buzz Cut” radio show on the RighTalk Radio Network.

Patterson shares something in common with the other talk show hosts heading to Crawford, Texas – he just returned from Iraq as part of the 10-day “Voices of Soldiers” tour.

“Our troops serving in Iraq made it very clear that they believe in the mission they are serving in. We must stand by them now, for if we don’t we only will embolden the terrorists who are doing everything they can to weaken America’s resolve. If we turn our backs on the mission in Iraq now, then our sons and daughters who have been killed in this conflict will have died in vain,” said Patterson.

Additionally, caravans to Crawford to join the August 27th rally are being planned from Louisiana, Florida, Connecticut and other areas throughout the nation. Many caravans are being organized in conjunction with the supporters of Free Republic at their website, www.FreeRepublic.com

Starting Wednesday this week, Move America Forward will begin airing a 60-second television commercial promoting the “Support Our Troops & Their Mission” rally in Crawford, Texas. The ad is expected to air nationwide on cable news networks. You can view the ad online at the Move America Forward website – www.MoveAmericaForward.org

Move America Forward will provide continuous updates on the caravan and rally at its website – www.MoveAmericaForward.org

dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we're talkin! Maybe....just maybe the silent majority won't be so quiet this time around after all.
This does my heart good to see this getting started and gathering steam.
I'm praying that it will be huge. That it will be so huge that the nay-sayers and ant-war voices will be drowned out by it's swelling voice.
So huge that the MSM will have to give it some coverage as much as it pains them.

Three Cheers!
Hip Hip Hooray; Hip Hip Hooray; Hip Hip Hooray

Dusty
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the FR site:

Conversation With Crawford Texas Patriot*** (Interview by Syncro)

"Crawford Texas is booming today.

There are about 100 motorcycles with riders in town today, Bush Supporters all. The town is thrilled at the attention and is filled with visitors and locals.

I just got off the phone with Mrs. Kaye Bregan whose husband Bill is a woodcarver. He was too busy to talk to me as he is in front of his house having his picture taken with the wooden Eagle he carved and placed in front of his house on 5th street in Downtown Crawford.

Their house is on the route that President Bush takes whenever he leaves the ranch, and he has passed by their house many times.

After the Election last November Mr. Bregan made a sign that said "YES!" and stuck it into the mouth of the Eagle to celebrate the reelection of President Bush. Shortly thereafter when the family happened to be in front of the house the President's Motorcade came by and President Bush saw the "YES!" in the eagle's mouth and he rolled down the window and gave the family a thumbs up.

Mrs. Bregan mentioned that the President often waves to them, but this is was the first time he rolled down the window and gestured to them.

The Bregan's Daughter from Dallas was visiting and she was thrilled at the gesture as were Mr. and Mrs. Bregan.

Mrs. Bregan related to me that years ago when she was younger that Crawford was a bigger town; it even had 3 grocery stores and a movie theater. Now it doesn' t have either, not even one grocery store. But it is not far to the next town--- 7 miles --- to get the supplies residents need in the way of groceries and staples.

The Peace Center is just down the street and I was told that there is usually activity there, with protesters outside it on a daily basis.

Our Rally on Saturday August 27 is at the Community Center about a half mile away on another street by the High School. Far enough away from the Anti-America "Peace" center, but close enough they will hear us for sure.

Bill and Kaye are ardent supports of President Bush and our efforts in Iraq to quell terrorism, and of course support out troops 100% as do most of the residents of Crawford and the outlying areas.

Our Rally on Saturday August 27 is at the Community Center about a half mile away on another street by the High School. Far enough away from the Anti-America "Peace" center, but close enough they will hear us for sure.

Bill and Kaye are ardent supports of President Bush and our efforts in Iraq to quell terrorism, and of course support out troops 100% as do most of the residents of Crawford and the outlying areas.

My reason to call her was because I thought they lived in a Rural area of Crawford, as I wanted to find some Bush Supporting Rancher to let us use their ranch for a BBQ on Sunday, the day after our rally at the Community Center.

I guess we will just have to settle for having it at Bush's ranch. Could someone give them a call and have them haul the BBQ to a nice shady area for us?"

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1467452/posts

Laughing
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPC Sheehan, we love you and honor you and we will not forget you!

Dear families of the fallen and the serving - you're ours, too!

The country always holds you in its arms and God holds you in the palm of His hand.

dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
SPC Sheehan, we love you and honor you and we will not forget you!

Dear families of the fallen and the serving - you're ours, too!

The country always holds you in its arms and God holds you in the palm of His hand.

Hear....Hear!
Amen to that.

Dusty
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for her and all that have lost love one's in all wars to defend our freedom and this great nation, but I can't help but smell odor of a book and or movie deal...she is certainly not honoring her son's death by protesting against the very thing that he believed in and reenlisted 5 months after the Iraq war began. she can answer direct questions from reporters, she has to be the one reading from a script...
Tanya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRAWFORD – "The president's supporters are rallying behind a new slogan: Enough is enough.

Critics of the peace movement and war mom Cindy Sheehan arrived in Crawford by car and by motorcycle Saturday to show support for President Bush and the Iraq war. In one demonstration, about 350 bikers buzzed the camps arranged by Sheehan and other demonstrators calling on the president to be accountable for the war."

~snip~
“The silent majority has arrived and, hey, the cavalry's on the way,” said local businessman Bill Johnson, who sat atop a horse during a separate pro-Bush rally of about two dozen. “Believe me. Don't think it isn't. Because, you know, we can take it, and take it and take it ... and at some point in time, there needs to be a response from America.”

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/08/21/20050821wacsheehan.html
olympian2004
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: You Don't Speak For Me Cindy! (tour) Reply with quote

kate wrote:

MoveAmericaForward
Tour starts Monday from CA, arrives Crawford Sat 27th
Freepers have joined the effort. Visit the site for itinerary, info on joining the caravan, or at stops along the route.

Marine Mom Deborah Johns – ad "Cindy doesn't speak for me"
http://www.moveamericaforward.org/Video/MAFO7450-HI.wmv

More from Deborah Johns
"She takes exception to Sheehan's protest and plans to do something about it."
news article -- with video clip at the bottom of this page
http://www.news10.net/storyfull1.asp?id=12639

This tour gaining momentum, fast. Talk radio & blogs covering this already....so stay tuned for next Sat in Crawford!

Great news... Sean is going to be mentioning this caravan and rally next weekend in Crawford on the air during his radio show this week. Woo Hoo!

Last edited by olympian2004 on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
olympian2004
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanya wrote:
CRAWFORD – "The president's supporters are rallying behind a new slogan: Enough is enough.

Critics of the peace movement and war mom Cindy Sheehan arrived in Crawford by car and by motorcycle Saturday to show support for President Bush and the Iraq war. In one demonstration, about 350 bikers buzzed the camps arranged by Sheehan and other demonstrators calling on the president to be accountable for the war."

~snip~
“The silent majority has arrived and, hey, the cavalry's on the way,” said local businessman Bill Johnson, who sat atop a horse during a separate pro-Bush rally of about two dozen. “Believe me. Don't think it isn't. Because, you know, we can take it, and take it and take it ... and at some point in time, there needs to be a response from America.”

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/08/21/20050821wacsheehan.html

Two days ago I emailed Thaddeus DeJesus of the Waco Tribune-Herald the details of the upcoming caravan and rally next week. Two days later he mentions it in the local newspaper. Whether he is spinning the story left or not is no matter for concern in this case because the most important detail in this article is that he mentioned the caravan and rally. That's enough info to get more people to the event. Woo Hoo!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All morning, FOXnews has finally been showing clips of Sheehans speech back in April. The one where she said America wasn't worth dying for. They air it as if it was a sudden and recent discovery.

I hope they play more of her speech and let America see where she offered to lead any protest the protest group came up with. America needs to see this woman is far from an atypical "grieving Mom."
Tanya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one's from KLTV in Texas:

8/19/05-Longview
Longview Bikers Show Support For President

"A group of east Texas motorcycle riders is headed to president Bushs' Crawford ranch this weekend, to send a message of support to the commander in chief. With a banner that expresses their honor to the president and to veterans, members of the legion riders of Longview are planning to show up in force at the president's Crawford ranch, Saturday morning.

"We just want the president to know that there are citizens of this nation that do appreciate what he's doing for us" said ride organizer Amos Snow.

They've watched the reports of protestors over the last week and decided they'd seen enough and it was time for a new message to the president."

More at link:
http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3744560
Tanya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will be giving up to date info on the caravan, now. 11 am est

Listen at link:
http://www.ksfo560.com/article.asp?id=53139
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tentative Radio Stream Schedule for "You Don't Speak for Me, Cindy" Tour

Monday August 22, 2005 (all times EDT)

4:05 PM - 4:59 PM Deborah Johns on live with Mark Williams (Filling in for Tom Sullivan Show) - KFBK 1530 AM
Listen Live
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: