SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mother of fallen hero asks Caravan to remove her son's name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Mother of fallen hero asks Caravan to remove her son's name Reply with quote

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1468423/posts

Mother of fallen soldier asks the FReepers to deliver her message to Cindy Sheehan:

Quote:
Mother of fallen hero asks Caravan to remove her son's name from Sheehan's antiwar protest
August 22, 2005 | Mrs. Susan Sutter
Posted on 08/22/2005 1:12:50 PM PDT by Jim Robinson

Message from Mrs. Susan Sutter:

My name is Susan Sutter. I live in Washington state. I don't agree with Mrs. Sheehan and I want it known that she does not represent me or my son, Sgt. Jacob Herring, KIA 04-28-04. My son was with the Stryker Brigade near Mosul when someone in the crowd threw a grenade into his vehicle. He was 21.

I am unable to fly to where she is camped but I would like to give my permission to someone in your organization to please, please remove my son's name. She did not get my permission, nor do I condone her cause. It is an insult to his memory that she uses it for her gain. My son was proud to serve his country and I am proud of his commitment. I want it known that she does NOT represent me.

I have attached a copy of the letter I wrote to the editor of my local paper for your review. Please let me know if someone from your organization will remove my son's name for me. Please let them know I do not agree with her. If you need me to sign something, I will gladly do this.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Susan Sutter
for Sgt Jacob Herring
KIA 04-28-04

Dear Editor:

I have read the reports regarding Mrs. Sheehan’s attempt to see the President and have just read Mr. Press’s article in your paper. I can empathize with Mrs. Sheehan wanting answers but as most anyone can see, the answers she will receive she won’t want to hear. She won’t listen anyway. She is grieving and she is not committing treason. It is unreasonable of someone to make a demand such as Mrs. Sheehan; to force herself on someone and expect to be responded to. If I were to camp outside Mr. Press’s house, I am sure he wouldn’t give me the time of day. Perhaps if she had changed her approach, she might have received an interview, if that is what she truly wants. However, I suspect she wants to create the ‘circus’ and rally people to her cause – so that she doesn’t feel alone.

We understand her grief, those of us who have lost a son. No one understands it more than we do – we live with it every day. However, I do not feel that President Bush killed my son – an ignorant religious extremist with no respect for human life took my son’s life. That is why this type of behavior and thinking must be stopped – so that no one else has to endure this. When my son found out he was going to Iraq, he didn’t waiver in his commitment to his country. He could have changed his mind but he didn’t. He didn’t run away. To expect us to leave Iraq before the job is done and before they can stand on their feet is cowardly. My son didn’t give up – America won’t either. To leave would be to admit that terrorism has won – that the bully has beaten us. Perhaps those of you who believe we should leave should think about the burden you are expecting us to carry – that it was all for nothing. Why would you do that to us? We are suffering the loss of our children - why would you condemn us to a lifetime of the agony that they died in vain? I believe we must finish the job we started and I will support my country and the men and women who are making sacrifices for us.

Mr. Press said Mrs. Sheehan was one brave, tough mom. We are all brave mothers. Mrs. Sheehan’s anger and frustration could be better directed towards something constructive though. I’ve seen what carrying anger can do to a person – it destroys families, causes illness and death. I refuse to harbor anger and hatred. It was those very things which destroyed my son. I think it is brave to turn the negative feelings of loss into something beneficial for others. Perhaps Mrs. Sheehan could offer support or help families whose husbands or sons are serving – they don’t always have sufficient support systems and can always use an understanding ear. Just to know they are not alone is sometimes the greatest gift you can give them.

It is unfortunate that Mr. Press has felt it necessary to resort to immature name calling to fill his article – how sad. He is fueling her fire and it is destructive to that grieving mother. Mrs. Sheehan, go home. Go home to your family. Pray for the soldiers and their families. Be proud of your son. Go home.

Susan Sutter
For Sgt. Jacob Herring
KIA 04-28-04

Quote:
I promised Mrs. Sutter that we would deliver her letter to Sheehan's group and ask that they remove her son's name from their protest. It's a shame that Sheehan and her supporters would use our fallen heroes' names for their political gain. Prayers for Mrs. Sutter and family. Prayers for all of our troops and their families.

1 posted on 08/22/2005 1:12:51 PM PDT by Jim Robinson
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
please remove my son's name. She did not get my permission, nor do I condone her cause. It is an insult to his memory that she uses it for her gain. My son was proud to serve his country and I am proud of his commitment. I want it known that she does NOT represent me.

prayers for Susan Sutter,and her son Sgt Jacob Herring

Her letter is in good hands with Jim Robinson
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so proud of this lady. She is as brave as her son was.
We can all see where he got his courage and patriotism.
Well said Mrs. Sutter. Thank you. You and your son.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: