SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftboating Cindi Sheehan?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Swiftboating Cindi Sheehan? Reply with quote

The msm has reached a new low folks. They are accusing the as they call us "far right wingers" of Swiftboating Cindi Sheehan. As I see it she has done this to herself with 79% of Americans against what she is doing according to a Fox News Poll.

It is clear that the left has used Cindi Sheehan to promote their cause against the Iraqi War and President Bush. Have they succeeded in convincing Americans? NO. All they continue to do is alienate and divide our country further from our goals.

I respect all peoples right to their own opinions and observations. I support voicing those opinions and observations also. However, when the liberty of freedom of speech becomes a pivital agenda to undermine our President publicly, our troops publicly, and those that have died so we could embrace the liberty of free speech I say it is no longer free.

Our deeds, actions, words all carry consequences and if it is perceived that Cindi Sheehan is being Swiftboated oh well. Ms. Sheehan brought this on herself and when you speak out in the manner she has publically using the foul language she has knowing that perhaps young children will or would be listening she deserves all the Swiftboating she gets, right down to the end.
Evil or Very Mad

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dare I say it - we should see that as a compliment...
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now when I see the term "Swiftboated", I now realize how much of a difference we made in the last election and the MSM and the left is scared of our future actions if kerry runs again. They do not know how to oppose us other than to make us a term used in the negative. I think instead, they give us credibilty and are trying to counter us for the future and their attacks will increase as time approaches the next election in 2006.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Next time I have to talk to some flameing lib Ill say ( be carefull, you dont want the swifty's coming after you, do you?) Wink
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Me #1 posted elsewhere from a Jim Sullivan;

Quote:
Swiftboat. v, trans. (from the type of vessel one John Kerry served on while becoming, in his own mind, America's greatest combat sailor). 1. To tell unfortunate truths about the heroes of the American left.

The left is trying to make it a dirty word, but it isn't. It's very truthful and honorable to expose the slime of the left. Laughing
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
Now when I see the term "Swiftboated", I now realize how much of a difference we made in the last election and the MSM and the left is scared of our future actions if kerry runs again. They do not know how to oppose us other than to make us a term used in the negative. I think instead, they give us credibilty and are trying to counter us for the future and their attacks will increase as time approaches the next election in 2006.

Terry,

I 100% fully agree with you.
I am proud to be a Swifty; I am proud to have served with the Marketime forces; and I'm proud to be part of the Swiftvets and POWs for Truth.
The Leftists save their most viscious demonizing for those they fear the most; and we're it. They don't know how to confront us, so they resort to repetitive lies in the hope that people will eventually believe them.
They still haven't figured us out. They seem to think we will come after any target of opportunity. They haven't realized that this was about confronting the person who turned his back on us, helped our enemy, told lies about us and called us war criminals. This was about the Swifties versus John F. Kerry and nothing else.
If this resulted in instilling a mortal fear of us then we have garnered an additional attribute, and one we can exploit to our advantage. We caught them off guard and they weren't prepared for us. Now they are plotting and planning and willl attempt to come up with strategies to deal with us. Right now they are employing their most effective means. They demonize and, like it or not, we are it!

Jack
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may see it in Websters some day!

Swiftboating- To tell the truth or to point out factual details about one who lies or misleads the public
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
They still haven't figured us out.

I must respectfully disagree Jack..."they" HAVE figured it out, and SVPT became (and remains) a threat to their 30+ year investment, both public and PERSONAL, in constructing and controlling THE historical Vietnam War perspective.

Quote:
They seem to think we will come after any target of opportunity.

I don't believe that Jack...not for a minute. When the FRAUD that is everything John Kerry was exposed by SVPT, it laid bare the utter complicity of the MSM in both constructing and DEFENDING the image of "Vietnam, America's Debacle" that is a keystone of modern day American liberalism.

Quote:
They haven't realized that this was about confronting the person who turned his back on us, helped our enemy, told lies about us and called us war criminals. This was about the Swifties versus John F. Kerry and nothing else.

While that is, perhaps, true from the Swiftee perspective, it is NOT true from the leftist perspective. Ideologically, Kerry and that leftist perspective are inseparable...they are joined at the ideological hip and to attack Kerry was/is to attack that liberal DOGMA and those that WROTE IT.

Quote:
If this resulted in instilling a mortal fear of us then we have garnered an additional attribute, and one we can exploit to our advantage. We caught them off guard and they weren't prepared for us. Now they are plotting and planning and willl attempt to come up with strategies to deal with us. Right now they are employing their most effective means. They demonize and, like it or not, we are it!

With this I concur, but they have MUCH more than just the Swiftees to contend with now. Legions of informed, enervated activists have been armed with the most formidable weapon ever invented by mankind, the computer keyboard, and the means to deliver its warhead, the internet. MSM has lost its 100 year monopoly on shaping and presenting the "Truth", and the ramifications of this revolution are tectonic in scope.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill O'Reilly (BOR) used the term "swiftboating" in reference to Cindy Sheehan on The O'Reilly Factor (TORF) last night.

In a "Talking Points Memo", entitled "'Swiftboating' Cindy Sheehan", BOR complained about the old leftstream media criticizing him for "smearing" Sheehan.

What I find deliciously ironic is BOR defending himself by stating "all (I) did was tell the truth about Ms. Sheehan's radical politics and pals".

I find this particular defense astonishingly hypocritical considering BOR smeared-and-slimed the Swiftees the day after their first ad came out and weeks before he admittedly had even read Unfit for Command, let alone all the extant supporting empirical evidence for the SwiftVet's claims, e.g., the FBI FOIA files, Congressional Record archives, Dick Cavette Show video and transcripts, magazine articles, Tour of Duty, and The New Soldier.

In truth, the facts and logic of the case clearly, compellingly, and convincingly, beyond a reasonable doubt, prove the SVPOWTs were merely "telling the truth about the opportunistic, prevaricating, slanderous, and treasonous poseur John Kerry, his radical politics, and his loony Democ. Under., Hollywood, and MoveOn pals".

As I e-mailed TORF and BOR, however, the difference is that the honest and honorable Swift Boat Veterans were telling the truth, while the dishonest and dishonorable Sheehan has been telling lies.

In other words, those using the term "swiftboating" are misusing it. If they intend the connotation to be "attempting to defame via telling lies", they should really be using phrases or terms like "old leftstream mediaizing" or "Dan Rather/CBS Memogating", NOT "swiftboating", which should, as other Discussion Forums members have already said, in slightly different words, be properly defined as "exposing opportunistic, prevaricating, slanderous, and treasonous poseurs (like both Hanoi John and Baghdad Cindy)".

FWIW, while I have compassion for any mother that has lost a son, after reading about her true peacenik history on Drudge et al, my feeling sorry for her has completely evaporated, and I have been left with nothing but feelings of contempt and disgust for her duplicitous and disingenuous attitudes and actions.

PS: I hope this is a little bit better, lonevoice. Embarassed

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley

Last edited by markasass on Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can sure string some words together there markasass.
I especially like the line describing Kerry.
Quote:
the opportunistic, prevaricating, slanderous, and treasonous poseur John Kerry

I read it in another of your posts and it just sounded good when I read it again. Good bunch of words.....
Right on the money.

Dusty
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiftboating? Is that like "jackbooting". The left has such a cute little way with words.

Hey, did you guys miss me? I've been gone for months. Somehow I couldnt resist coming back for a visit over the poor, pitiful, misunderstood, underappreciated commie Cindy Sheehan.

Nomorelies
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly I see an opportunity here. What if...

This group (in particular) adapted the definition of "Swiftboating" to mean:
"Confronting political rhetoric and unfounded assertions with substantiated facts and truth" (or something of that ilk), and ran with it?

In other words turn what was meant to be a negative into a positive, and actively and visibly use the term. It would take the steam out of the Lefties' boiler, and put the Swifties honor back on center stage. Wouldn't it?

Just a thought...
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Frankly I see an opportunity here. What if...
This group (in particular) adapted the definition of "Swiftboating" to mean:
"Confronting political rhetoric and unfounded assertions with substantiated facts and truth" (or something of that ilk), and ran with it?[snip]...

You mean something like....Every day I wake up and thank God that you guys Swiftboated Kerry's ship of state hard aground before Nov 2nd....

or how about ...us vets Swiftboated Kerry once, and if we have to we'll do it again....

hmmm, back to the drawing boards...
Deuce
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just imagine it meaning your underestimated past comes back to haunt ya and takes ya down. Twisted Evil
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Swiftboating" means getting caught with your pants down in a big fat lie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: