SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Thing the President Is Fit to Command

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Good Thing the President Is Fit to Command Reply with quote

From www.opinionjournal.com/best:

"The Navy is sending in [to Louisiana] five ships and more than a dozen rescue teams including swift boat units from California."--WABC-TV Web site (New York), Aug. 31
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Good Thing the President Is Fit to Command Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
From www.opinionjournal.com/best:

"The Navy is sending in [to Louisiana] five ships and more than a dozen rescue teams including swift boat units from California."--WABC-TV Web site (New York), Aug. 31

They will not be Swift boats but the Special Boat Unit, the media has problems with facts. To our knowledge there is only two Swift boats still in operation and they are in the Malta Navy and one Swift boat 2 being used by the Tidewater Community College in Virginia being used for Oceanic Research. At our reunion in 2003, they brought her over for us to take a ride and remember our youth. Grown men cried that day and it was great that our wives and family could see what we did so long ago.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, one of the briefers today messed that up.

I later heard them called "swift-water rescue teams."

(Swift Boats were the country's rescue team! Wink )
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Yeah, one of the briefers today messed that up.

I later heard them called "swift-water rescue teams."

(Swift Boats were the country's rescue team! Wink )

Amen!
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondering about the status of Naval Construction Center, Gulfport.
I'm sure that the place got flattened, but that's one resourseful bunch
of snuffies there. I checked the base website, but, of course, it's down.
wonhyo
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Dems respond to Hurricane effort Reply with quote

I can't help but ask, what have Pelosi, Cummins, Tubbs and many other Democrats have come out swinging at President Bush for not doing enough, and accussing him of racism. As I recall the mayor and govenor of New Orleans and Louisiana are Democrats. President Bush is not the one who sent the empty city busses out of the city before the hurricane, he is not the one in charge of the state& city planning for emergencies. TEXAS has stepped up big time to help as much as possible, what has Maryland, California, Ohio and othe blue states done to help? Dean called for Prayer along with the Govenor of LA for the people hurt by the hurricane and now want the military involved; so does that mean we can pray in public;and now we can support our troops, or just for this one time; because the Democrats say it's ok?
Get Real Democrats, do you know how sad you look? When you can stand up and do as much for someone else, as Texas and WalMart and Christian churchs and our military, then maybe someone will listen to you, until then stay out of the way, we got work to do.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Dems respond to Hurricane effort Reply with quote

wonhyo wrote:
I can't help but ask, what have Pelosi, Cummins, Tubbs and many other Democrats have come out swinging at President Bush for not doing enough, and accussing him of racism. As I recall the mayor and govenor of New Orleans and Louisiana are Democrats. President Bush is not the one who sent the empty city busses out of the city before the hurricane, he is not the one in charge of the state& city planning for emergencies. TEXAS has stepped up big time to help as much as possible, what has Maryland, California, Ohio and othe blue states done to help? Dean called for Prayer along with the Govenor of LA for the people hurt by the hurricane and now want the military involved; so does that mean we can pray in public;and now we can support our troops, or just for this one time; because the Democrats say it's ok?
Get Real Democrats, do you know how sad you look? When you can stand up and do as much for someone else, as Texas and WalMart and Christian churchs and our military, then maybe someone will listen to you, until then stay out of the way, we got work to do.

Does the story of the "Titanic" come to mind? The local officials were rearranging the deck chairs as the iceberg ... oops... hurricane ... came bearing down ...

What needs to be done now is to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. That takes action, not Democratic political bullcrap.

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: