SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REFUGEES IN TEXAS & ELSEWHERE:WARNING POLITICALLY INCORR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: REFUGEES IN TEXAS & ELSEWHERE:WARNING POLITICALLY INCORR Reply with quote

After their immediate humanitarian needs are met (and no one would deny them that) will refugees who had been on welfare accept jobs that even now are being offered to them or will they go back to the "gimmies": Gimmie my AFDC, my Welfare, my Section 8 housing, my Food Stamps, my Medicaid and by the way Gimmie what I'm owed in back-benefits since we left!?
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's one of those questions that can be answered with a question.
If someone is going to give you what you need, food...water....shelter....money to spend and you don't have to work for it, and it doesn't bother you that you are living off someone else's hard work, why work?

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one healthy looking recipient of our generosity on the news earlier today. She was saying, quite angrily, by the way, something to the effect of, "what are we supposed to do when the voluntary contributions run out, starve?"

I sat and only one thought came to mind, WORK, GET A JOB!!!!!!!!!!
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew,

You're right. And if the paycheck runs out before the end of the month like mine does, get a SECOND JOB. It won't kill you, really. Been doing that off and on for years. You can catch up on your sleep when you retire. Twisted Evil
witchywoman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure am glad I am not in Houston, still trying to find a job. It is already hard enough, when cheap labor abounds in the form of the illegal alien population. I would be extremlely resentful about being discriminated against on the basis of my skin color and my having a home.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050905/ts_nm/houston_dc_1

Mayor Bill White said this:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are hundreds of people who are reporting to work here in Houston who were employees in New Orleans just eight days ago with the same company," the mayor said. "The larger national firms are absorbing their work force in areas around the disaster area and Houston is the largest area."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can understand companies that have displaced employees. On the other hand, I am sure many will recieve jobs, simply because Houston is going to absorb this population. Making it tougher on the already poor inner city.

The Astrodome and Reliant Center on the outskirts of downtown Houston. Houston has been suffering the white flight for decades. I am sure it will only get worse.

Time will tell what Houston has gotten itself into.

Oh yeah, has the Mayor of New Orleans made a visit to the Houston Astrodome yet?? Seems like everybody else and their mama has.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLI78 wrote:
Lew,

You're right. And if the paycheck runs out before the end of the month like mine does, get a SECOND JOB. It won't kill you, really. Been doing that off and on for years. You can catch up on your sleep when you retire. Twisted Evil

They still would need their crack money!!

SBD
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Arms. Reply with quote

I always wondered if their arms ever get tired, holding their hands out so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: