SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ben Stein: "The Mainstream Media Rioted"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Ben Stein: "The Mainstream Media Rioted" Reply with quote

Ben Stein nails it... (emphasis mine)

Quote:
More on Katrina
By Ben Stein
Published 9/12/2005 12:11:44 AM

Fact: Katrina was a devastating storm. It left terrible damage to innocent people's lives and to property throughout the Gulf South.

Fact: There have been other storms as damaging and some far more damaging. What, then, is different about this storm? Here are a few tentative thoughts.

<snip>

What is the real story of Katrina is (I suggest) not so much that nature wrought fury on land, water, people, property, and animals, not at all anything about racism, not much about federal government incompetence. The real story is that the mainstream media rioted.

They used the storm and its attendant sorrows to continue their endless attack on George W. Bush. Wildly inflated stories about the number of dead and missing, totally made up old wives' tales of racism, breathless accounts of Bush's neglect that are utterly devoid of truth and of historical context -- this is what the mainstream media gave us. The use of floating corpses, of horror stories of plagues, the sad faces of refugees, the long-faced phony accusations of intentional neglect and racism -- anything is grist for the media's endless attempts to undermine the electorate's choice last November. It is sad, but true that the media will use even the most heart breaking truths -- and then add total inventions -- to try to weaken and then evict from office a man who has done nothing wrong, but has instead turned himself inside out to help the real victims.

In the meantime, George Bush does not lash out, does not attack those who falsely accuse him of the most horrible acts and neglect. Instead, he doggedly goes on helping the least among us. I don't know how he does it, but we are very lucky he does. As for truth, it eventually may be salvaged from the flooded neighborhoods of The Crescent City, but not as long as there is a lie to use to hurt an honest man trying to do the best he can, and hundreds of thousands of brave, tireless men and women who do more than point fingers and tell tales. The Katrina story is a disgrace to the people who are "reporting" it while pouring gasoline on a fire. They and their crusade against George Bush are the real stories, and they are dismal ones.

Ben Stein is a writer, actor, economist, and lawyer living in Beverly Hills and Malibu. He also writes "Ben Stein's Diary" in every issue of The American Spectator. Please click here to subscribe.

The American Spectator - cont'd
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben has it right,its the people with the gas cans who want to hurt us the most. If you can't win in November, win anyway you can! Wink
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's gonna be my 'phone a friend' if I ever get on the 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' show.
He sure called this one right.

Dusty
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Stein has more brainpower in his little pinky than the entire reporting staff at CNN! Laughing
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy he sure did nail it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think back to election day and the exit polls reporting !!!! they made it sound like a kerry landslide and nothing was further from the thruth.

I read somewhere every day , that Bushes Approval rating is down or going lower? I din't know why or who they are talking too but he is in his second term. I don't believe he is allowed to run again? so what do the numbers mean? Who is wasting tier time taking a poll on approval rating?

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I read somewhere every day , that Bushes Approval rating is down or going lower? I din't know why or who they are talking too but he is in his second term. I don't believe he is allowed to run again? so what do the numbers mean? Who is wasting tier time taking a poll on approval rating?

There are those who just hate George Bush; no logic need apply.

Then there are some slightly more astute that probably think a "weakened" and defensive George Bush is less able to effectively carry out the remainder of his administration, such as appointments for SCOTUS, support for Social Security reform, etc.

But I suspect that the real movers-and-shakers of the left are utilizing the tactic of focusing attention on an "outside" enemy to cover up corruption and stink within their own house. Which is somewhat akin to the tatic used by politicians and rulers from time immemorial to rally the "troops" around a common cause (usually an external enemy) and distract from their own problems. There's practically open warfare within the ranks of the Democratic Party right now, you know.

There are reasons; they are not totally politically dumb (except the first group).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: