SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry Sued

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airedale
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: John Kerry Sued Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been posted,just passing it along

John Kerry Sued

Complaint alleges Defamation, Business Disparagement, Interference with Contractual Relations, Civil Conspiracy

On October 3, the Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation ("VVLF") and filmmaker Carlton Sherwood filed a lawsuit against John Kerry and Anthony Podesta for Defamation, Conspiracy, and other claims. The suit was filed in the Eastern District Court of Pennsylvania.

Predictably enough, the Washington Post went immediately to work, telling us that "A filmmaker has sued Sen. John Kerry and a one-time campaign aide" before handing the microphone to the DNC and Kerry's staff. Kerry spokesman David Wade said, "This is simply more of the same smears and sleaze against a decorated Vietnam veteran from more of the same serial liars who disgraced themselves in 2004."

Before he tells us about his "decorated war veteran," Mr. Wade might want to know more about who is suing him.

The president of the Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation is Colonel George E. ("Bud") Day (USAF, Ret.), pictured at right. Colonel Day is a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor. He is a veteran of three wars – WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. He is the most decorated living Air Force veteran. As a fighter pilot in Vietnam, Colonel Day was shot down over North Vietnam on August 26, 1967. He spent 67 months as a Prisoner of War. His roommate at the "Hanoi Hilton," John McCain, has said this:
Quote:
"I don't know how many American Prisoners of War were heroes. But I know that Bud Day was one. In my life, I have never known anyone who better exemplifies the cardinal American virtues: compassion, guts, determination, resourcefulness and intelligence. Bud Day is one of the greatest men I have ever had the honor to know."

Today, Bud Day is a practicing attorney in Florida. This is the man that Senator Kerry is setting out to slime as a "serial liar."

All of the principals of the VVLF are Vietnam Veterans. The majority of the board members are either former POWs themselves, or the spouse of a former POW. The likelihood of them all being "serial liars" is laughably small.

The lawsuit concerns the documentary Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal, produced by Carlton Sherwood. Sherwood is a newspaper and television investigative reporter who has won both the Pulitzer prize and the George Foster Peabody Award... journalism's highest honors. The media will soon enough be telling us that Sherwood is a "serial liar" too.

James H. Warner, now on the Board of Directors of the VVLF, was held as a POW for five years. He is the recipient of the Silver Star, the Legion of Merit, two Bronze Stars, two Purple Hearts, eleven Air Medals, and the Navy Commendation Medal. In the film, Mr. Warner tells of being interrogated while held captive by the North Vietnamese. The interrogator went through John Kerry's public statements and told Warner that Kerry, a naval officer, had admitted that Warner was a war criminal who deserved punishment.

The lawsuit alleges a coordinated conspiracy and campaign by Kerry, Podesta, and others to discredit and silence Sherwood and Stolen Honor through a campaign of "knowing, deliberate, and malicious falsehoods about Sherwood and Stolen Honor" and of "illegitimate and malicious threats" directed at those who had agreed to show the film.
http://www.redstate.org/story/2005/10/8/85410/8579

Admin note: Airdale, thanks for the post. Please consider posting this in the "Carlton Sherwood" topic already underway in the main forum.
http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20952
Unfortunately we are unable to attach posts to existing topics/me#1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: