SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANWR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: ANWR Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175130,00.html

Are they kidding me, ANWR's out? Republican's have the house and senate now, yet they can't get this passed? I might add after Katrina they have popular support. What the heck is going on? I'd love to drive an alternative car, but it doesn't seem like others do, thus the lack of them. So, instead I'm held at the mercy of a bunch of terrorist states and at the same time making them rich. Please, give me a break. It appears the tax cut's are being monkey'ed with also. Excuse me while I go stick my head in the sand, or better yet, dust off my bicycle that's sitting in the garage.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share your frustration. Michelle Malkin published several reader reactions on her blog and I found this one to be quite compelling. I believe the time has come to put the GOP on notice...

Quote:
Speaker Hastert,

The long joke of GOP leadership being an oxymoron is unfortunately coming true. Millions of conservative voters across this great nation have elected what they thought was a conservative Republican President, House and Senate. We thought we would see conservative ideals and values expressed through the decisions made, but we have been faced with a consistent stream of "moderate" compromises.

The latest capitulation being removing drilling from ANWR and off our coasts. Why do you expect Republicans to be excited about voting, if the message we get from you, the supposed conservative politicians, is that you do not need us and do not care about our concerns.

The GOP has consistently turned its back on the base: Education bill, Medicare bill, insane spending, ignoring illegal immigration, giving up on more tax cuts, refusing to deal with Social Security, encouraging embryonic stem cell research with tax payer money and now no drilling in ANWR.

Frankly the voters could have a put a Democrat majority in control and gotten those kind of policy decisions. I am beginning to think the only time we can have a truly conservative Republican party is when we have a Democrat in the White House. Maybe we need a split government because the Republicans have certainly proved that they do not know how to govern effectively when they control both the Executive and Legislative branches.

I hope in the next few years you can prove me wrong. If you do not, I fear we will never have the opportunity again.

Michelle Malkin
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only yesterday in glotting about shutting down the Alaska oil drilling

some of the MSM were showing pictures of the so called area that

they SAVED from OUR President,. The pictures were of the central

parts that I have hunted in many years ago. They can't even get

their facts streight. How sad!!!!!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cox & Forkum
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am numb. GOP can forget 2006. Where are our damn leaders? Pisses me off.

I understand the radical left not caring about a hijacked religion wanting to exterminate us, but my conservative brethren not understanding we are at war?

They better get a clue and fast, because somehow I doubt there will be a group such as the SVPT's standing on principle bailing out the unprincipled in 2006.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cabal of 24 squishy 'moderate' RINOs blocked it. These 24 and the 7 in the Senate need to be voted out. Two from Pa will probably be toast in the primaries. It isn't done yet, it could still be accomplished in this session. It would help if the White House got involved too.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Spineless. Reply with quote

Spineless GOP. Why vote? No drilling, the immigration mess, etc. all are factors, but why doesn't anyone have the you-know-whats to join with Curt Weldon and the Able Danger thing?

I honestly believe we are witnessing hundreds of examples of the Peter Principle in action, on both sides. They accomplish nothing.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the Pristine Wilderness the Libs are so concerned about.

and the forested paradise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: