SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

San Fran Gun Ban---Where am I?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: San Fran Gun Ban---Where am I? Reply with quote

Wrong, wrong, wrong. All wrong. Have they no brains? Ignorance is bliss.

NRA to File Lawsuit Challenging
San Francisco Gun Ban
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Fairfax, VA - Even with opposition from San Francisco law enforcement and major media outlets, Proposition H -- a measure banning the lawful possession, sale and manufacture of handguns and ammunition within city limits -- passed yesterday. The National Rifle Association (NRA) will file a lawsuit challenging this severe gun ban.

NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre stated, “We are disappointed, but this fight is just beginning. Lawful residents of San Francisco are being stripped of their freedom because of an illegal measure that defies common sense. We will fight this outrageous assault on the rights of law-abiding San Franciscans and I believe that we will prevail.”

Many San Francisco residents who initially supported the ban changed their opinion after NRA and local volunteers began voter education efforts throughout the city. The campaign received an additional boost when the San Francisco Police Officers Association condemned the gun ban, declaring it would "nullify the personal choice of city residents to lawfully possess a handgun for self-defense purposes.” Major San Francisco newspapers also voiced opposition to Proposition H.

In response to the passage of this proposition, NRA will lead a coalition of organizations to immediately file a lawsuit against this illegal ban in San Francisco. Proposition H, in addition to violating federal guarantees, also violates various California state laws and is therefore preempted.

Chris W. Cox, NRA’s chief lobbyist, concluded, “This is a hollow victory for the gun control lobby because this scheme is in clear violation of California law. We will file suit and fight this to the highest courts in the country until good sense prevails once again in San Francisco.”
Snipe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well heck, San Francisco will be the place to loot after the next
earthquake.

Very Happy
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was ever a case for the ACLU to enter in favor of overturning a vote, this is it. A constitutionally mandated civil right has been overturned. Incidentally, if there was ever a place with a potential need for a militia, San Francisco qualifies.

I choose not to hold my breath waiting for the ACLU to challenge this outrage.

Schadow
Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No source for this, an army buddy sent it in an email....those in SF should read carefully! As the new 'law' proposes the same gov't confiscation of private property as Chicago and NYC, it ain't over til it's over, anyway! enjoy:
Quote:
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE
1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Browning: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791: All Rights reserved.
11. What part of "... shall not be infringed ..." do you not understand?
12. The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have two enemies: rust and liberals.
15. Know guns, know peace and safety! . No guns, no peace nor safety.
16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
17. 911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
19. Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.
20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
22. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
23. Enforce the "gun control laws" we have, don't make more.
24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
26. ".. a government of the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE, for the PEOPLE..."

PLEASE PASS THIS 'REFRESHER' TO CITIZENS! Keep our service men and women in our thoughts. Protect Americans, not terrorists!

Deuce
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libs often repeat their favorite mantra that the Constitution is a "living" document, subject to the changes in society, subject to the laws of foreign countries, blah, blah, blah. But, in this case, they will accede to the "strict constructionist" view that the Framers knew only the firearms of the day, hence it will be OK for each male member of a household to keep a single muzzle-loading musket in the house - as long as it's not loaded, of course, since the Constitution said nothing about loaded arms.

Beam me up, Scotty!Rolling Eyes

Schadow
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senator Dianne Fienstein has a CCW permit, as does her husband. So do they have to relinquish them now?
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
Libs often repeat their favorite mantra that the Constitution is a "living" document, subject to the changes in society, subject to the laws of foreign countries, blah, blah, blah. But, in this case, they will accede to the "strict constructionist" view that the Framers knew only the firearms of the day, hence it will be OK for each male member of a household to keep a single muzzle-loading musket in the house - as long as it's not loaded, of course, since the Constitution said nothing about loaded arms.

Beam me up, Scotty!Rolling Eyes

Schadow

Libs would more liken this to the Shapeshifters in some of the episodes that can morph into whatever they want, their natural shape being a formless gel. Confused Confused Confused Don't like what you see, change into something else. Pardon me while I go shopping for a muzzle loader, I can load it myself, so I can get a bead on a shapeshifter. Cool Cool Cool
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope the blogosphere keeps tabs on gun crime stats once this deadline for SF citizens (sheepel) passes (April 1 how appropriate). Let's see if Sodom by the Bay turns into a Peacable Kingdom of NO gun crime, or one of increased gun crime. Any bets? Twisted Evil
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
Let's hope the blogosphere keeps tabs on gun crime stats once this deadline for SF citizens (sheepel) passes (April 1 how appropriate). Let's see if Sodom by the Bay turns into a Peacable Kingdom of NO gun crime, or one of increased gun crime. Any bets? Twisted Evil

In spite of the fact that SF is the home base of the 9th Circus, I'm confident that injunctions will be put in place against execution of this ordinance while it escalates to the 9th. Following the 9th's sure confirmation of the ordinance, a fast track to the then-repaired Supreme Court will be put in place and that should be the end of it. If it's not, folks, we're all in a world of hurt. It'll be "cold, dead fingers" time.

The Framers provided the Second Amendment precisely for the purpose of defending against a government which has run amok. Mayor Gavin Newsome and the SF City Council are a prototype for government out of control.

Schadow
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US House of Representatives, under their Constitutional authority, has again proposed to split the 9th Circus Court of Schlemiels and make it California and Hawaii and the rest to form and establish a 12th Circuit for which our Honorable President can appoint new Judges. Write or contact your Congressman and Senators to support this. As the California delegation of Boxer/ Feinstein and the other Marxists oppose it, this is all the more reason to get it done this time.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official writ of appeal, issued today, 11/9, in PDF form is here:

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/sanfran_gunbanwrit.pdf

Schadow
Stevie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow - what???? you don't like blue skin???? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I've had a gun for 23 yrs. ; haven't shot anyone yet.

I'd say the poplulation around SF will increase in the near future.

All criminal types are now packing....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: