SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hinderaker: "Leaking Like A Sieve"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Hinderaker: "Leaking Like A Sieve" Reply with quote

I believe Judith Miller has vacated some prison space...enough to accomodate someone from ABC News...

Quote:
LEAKING LIKE A SIEVE

The CIA is still at it:
    Two CIA secret prisons were operating in Eastern Europe until last month when they were shut down following Human Rights Watch reports of their existence in Poland and Romania.

Current and former CIA officers speaking to ABC News on the condition of confidentiality say the United States scrambled to get all the suspects off European soil before Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice arrived there today. The officers say 11 top al Qaeda suspects have now been moved to a new CIA facility in the North African desert.CIA officials asked ABC News not to name the specific countries where the prisons were located, citing security concerns.
It's nice to see the CIA is still concerned about security. How many days do you suppose will go by before the identities of the countries in question are leaked? In the meantime, how many North African countries are there? Four or five? And I'm pretty sure the al Qaeda prisoners aren't in Libya. How long do you think it will take before pressures are mounting on the plausible "suspects" to get rid of "secret CIA torture centers" on their soil?
    The CIA declines to comment, but current and former intelligence officials tell ABC News that 11 top al Qaeda figures were all held at one point on a former Soviet air base in one Eastern European country. Several of them were later moved to a second Eastern European country.
    All but one of these 11 high-value al Qaeda prisoners were subjected to the harshest interrogation techniques in the CIA's secret arsenal, the so-called "enhanced interrogation techniques" authorized for use by about 14 CIA officers and first reported by ABC News on Nov. 18.

The CIA has used a small fleet of private jets to move top al Qaeda suspects from Afghanistan and the Middle East to Eastern Europe, where Human Rights Watch has identified Poland and Romania as the countries that housed secret sites.

Sources tell ABC that the CIA's secret prisons have existed since March 2002 when one was established in Thailand to house the first important al Qaeda target captured. Sources tell ABC that the approval for another secret prison was granted last year by a North African nation.

According to sources directly involved in setting up the CIA secret prison system, it began with the capture of Abu Zabayda in Pakistan. After treatment there for gunshot wounds, he was whisked by the CIA to Thailand where he was housed in a small, disused warehouse on an active airbase. There, his cell was kept under 24-hour closed circuit TV surveillance and his life-threatening wounds were tended to by a CIA doctor specially sent from Langley headquarters to assure Abu Zubaydah was given proper care, sources said. Once healthy, he was slapped, grabbed, made to stand long hours in a cold cell, and finally handcuffed and strapped feet up to a water board until after 0.31 seconds he begged for mercy and began to cooperate.

Of the 12 high-value targets housed by the CIA, only one did not require water boarding before he talked. Ramzi bin al-Shibh broke down in tears after he was walked past the cell of Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the operational planner for Sept. 11. Visibly shaken, he started to cry and became as cooperative as if he had been tied down to a water board, sources said.
Nothing short of criminal prosecution is going to stop these CIA leakers from further endangering the national interest. Let's get started. Now.

Powerline
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to pass a law that all informants be named in any news article if they are on the government payroll as a condition of employment. Included in this law must be an ironclad rule that any 'journalist' that names incorrectly, falsifies or doesn't name a source and can be convicted of that serve mandatory life in prison. That would stop the liberal's and their 'unnamed sources' and would insure we are getting facts and not using the press for propaganda to overthrow our government.

What is the most amazing is the liberal press is always calling people liars, but no one lies more and harder than them. Then again look at the leaders - Dean, sKerry, Klintons and others.

(Deleted by admin - Please tone down the rhetoric. Thanks/me#1)
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Army War College officer tonight pointed out what the effect would have been if ABC's standards of seeking out and revealing classified information had been in effect during WWII. The date and time for the invasion of Normandy would have been radioed back to the States to make the next edition. Reporters would have been stationed at the gates of the nuclear weapons plants getting the details of the latest Manhattan Project designs. And, at Alamogordo, we would have had the up-to-date info on the testing program.

But, two things were different then. Most reporters had a sense that what they would like to report could possibly harm the war effort, so they held back. And, Government personnel who possessed sensitive information kept it close for the same reasons.

What radical antique ideas!

When I worked at the Naval Weapons Center just after Korea, a veritable Sword of Damocles hung heavy over all of us. The cover of our security manual showed a drawing of an American bald eagle dead on the ground with an arrow sticking out of its body. Written below the drawing was, "The arrow that killed the eagle was hafted with one of its own feathers." In more than 50 years I've never forgotten that. The message was not lost on us. One late night I was called by security and told to get into the lab ASAP. I had left a file cabinet containing only Confidential paperwork open and I got to lock it and take a reaming from the guard. Never happened again.

The problem today, I'm afraid, is that the leakage and reportage has become so massive that no one knows where to start clamping down. The press considers that there is nothing that should stop them from blabbing anything they find out. And, CIA insiders enjoy their newly-discovered cajones if they can leak something and read about it the next day. The country be damned. It's soooo last century to be concerned about things like that.

The ABC chick who ran this story should be required to reveal her source and be jailed indefinitely if she refuses. When the leaker is finally revealed he/she should be put under the jail for life. Do I think that would reverse the trend? Don't be silly. There's still the Courts of Appeal.

Schadow
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reporters not having to reveal their sources is a license to make up stories and lie like a rug.
And with a lot of Communists/Marxists our there writing and reporting for a large majority of newspapers and MSM outlets, any chance of them holding back on anything they can uncover for America's good is out the window.
This is an insane way to fight a war is all I got to say about it.
It's high time some changes are made.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: