SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So Long Richard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: So Long Richard Reply with quote

Richard Pryor passed away today.
The comedy club upstairs has a new headliner tonight. I am sure Redd, Freddie and the rest are waiting and God is wiping tears of laughter.
So long Richard, we'll miss you
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor was a good 'black' man, yet he had conservative principles for the black family.

He will be swept under the rug by the black community.

Sad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was a blast
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A truly side-splittingly funny guy. I can remember being nearly doubled-over with laughter the first time I heard "The Exorcist". The "adult" nature of his dialogue may sound almost gratuitous by today's standards but, in those days of rapidly changing social mores, it made his comedy that much more genuine. Here's a pretty good excerpt from "The Exorcist"...needless to say (but I will) it contains "adult" material. Listen at your own discretion...then laugh Wink

The Exorcist
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
A truly side-splittingly funny guy. I can remember being nearly doubled-over with laughter the first time I heard "The Exorcist". The "adult" nature of his dialogue may sound almost gratuitous by today's standards but, in those days of rapidly changing social mores, it made his comedy that much more genuine. Here's a pretty good excerpt from "The Exorcist"...needless to say (but I will) it contains "adult" material. Listen at your own discretion...then laugh Wink

The Exorcist

That was and still is hysterical. Laughing May he rest in peace.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard had a delectably wicked ability to skewer stereotypes, black and white. So sad MS deprived us of his take on 'gangsta', black and white.

Listening to the radio in the morning Pryor got top billing in the obit' column ahead of Eugene McCarthy. In the afternoon Mac was dropped from the loop. Poor Gene; someone was always stealing his marbles.

-Wlm Shakespeare
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for all the laughs Richard.
Gone but not forgotten. Sleep well.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: