SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MARK YOUR CALENDARS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: MARK YOUR CALENDARS Reply with quote

HISTORY CHANNEL
SATURDAY DEC.17th 3:00PM

WHY WE COULD LOSE THE WAR ON TERROR.

"Captain Crunch." In 1983, it was the largest terrorist attack on America. 61 people, including 7 CIA agents, were murdered when a suicide bomber blew up the U.S. Embassy in Beirut. Keith Hall, a CIA operative known as Captain Crunch, is sent in to discover who is responsible for the bombing. As Hall unravels what happens, he becomes a target himself, as well as coming under fire by his superiors for his unique information gathering methods.

CIA agent Hall reported to the "Company" that he uncovered factual evidence it was an inside job. The US Embassy had unwittingly hired as part of its Beirut staff a fellow named Jada who turned out to be a hard core PLO militiaman. He worked with the Iranians who funded the operation and the Syrians who did the logistics and built the bomb, and with the Hizbollah who provided the truck and the suicide bomber and with a Phalangist, a guy named Elie Nurr who was the paymaster They set off the truck bomb at a time when the intelligence chiefs for the whole region were meeting in the US Embassy in Beirut.

The cables were all prepared and forwarded to Washington. The physical evidence was packaged, identified and shipped to DC in diplomatic pouches. Hall had even uncovered evidence that the fundamentalists who struck the US Embassy would strike again at US targets in Lebanon.The only US targe available was the Marine compound at Beirut International. Hall had prepared a full report and returned to Langley.

Instead, he found that none of his cables had been received in DC. The CIA station chief in Beirut did not forward them. The diplomatic pouches with the physical evidence linking the bomb at the embassy to the Syrians and Iranians was also "missing" and Hall was advised that he was subject to being charged with murder.

He was forced out of CIA service.

The government chose to remain willfully ignorant of the threat and ignore the evidence that Hall had uncovered.

In October 1983, 243 US Marines were killed at Beirut International. A completely predictable event, had Hall been listened to rather than drummed out of service.

Arguably, the war in which we find ourselves today was begun with the attack on the American Embassy at Beirut in 1983. The official line out of the Reagan/Bush White House was that

"we could not determine who had blown our embassy."

The truth is quite different.

They did not want to see hard evidence that would compel them to act.

The message to the truck bombers was clear.

The US has no stomach for this sort of thing and so now we have more of it and in a broader field of operation.

This is one every Marine must see. This is one any one who served must see. This is one any Patriot ( if there are any left
who are not out trying to grab the limelight of the press ) or any Citizen who loves our nation and the men who serve to keep our nation free from terror or other must see.

I asked Keith if he made any money off the DVD's. NOPE! Nor do I. Yet I suggest you get one and show it at your chapter meetings, DAV meetings AMVet Meetins, Biker Run's, where ever.. people need to see why we could loose the
war on Terror. It's happening again with our men who serve now.. some are being placed on the sacrificial alter for doing their job in Iraq.

Keith had this to say...
---------------------------------------------
"Morning Joe,

the saddest moment in my whole life was knowing I wasn't going to be able to wrap up that terrorist cell and seeing my Marines sitting out as targets and operating under their stupid orders so they couldn't protect themselves.

I knew they were going to be hit and I failed to prevent it.

K."
------------------------------------------

I need not elaborate on what his statement says.. some who get this will know that helpless feeling, knowing - yet not being heard - by a 90 day wonder or other - and then it happens. The sh*t hits the fan, and guy's you walked with die. Keith didn't have to know them personally, they were Marines. They were Brother In Arms. They were Family. Every Marine who gets this needs to get off their keisters and jump up and down - LOUDLY - to insure this does not happen again.

Or is Semper Fi jusrt a kewl thing to say.. a club handshake.. till you need to be there but the easy chair get you instead..??

thats the way I see it, and thats the way it is....

Joe Oliver, (GED) Editor
News & Views
Houston, TX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: