SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G. W. Bush and his vision

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: G. W. Bush and his vision Reply with quote

Those who don't recognize that this man will be recorded by history as a man of great vision and understanding are 'misunderestimating' him again.
His vision and understanding and active pursuit of that vision, that every person, no matter who they are where they are, have a personal desire to be free of oppression and tyranny place him on a pedestal head and shoulders above most world leaders.
The course of the world is changed by men of vision and steadfastness in defense and pursuit of their vision and history will always have to record those changes and the reasons for them and it will be no different in G. W. Bush's case.
Because of his vision and committment to it, the world will be changed and because his vision is to the advancement of freedom the change can only be for the better. As he is so fond of saying, free nations do not breed terror, do not committ terror on their neighbors.
Those who rail against him and his vision rail against the very thing that has given them the freedom to express themselves so vociforously. Freedom
Because of their lack of vision and lack of the intelligence to recognize the brilliance behind this man's future legacy, they will be relegated to the legions of wanna be's who will never be remembered in the annals of history.
Serves em right.

Dusty

Last edited by dusty on Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:14 am; edited 2 times in total
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very well said, dusty! I wholeheartedly agree.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in on that. I think we have one of the great leaders of all time leading us today and I am proud to say it. On the other hand, sKerry the french poodle will go down in history as a dud. I am still hoping he is exposed for the lying traitor he is.
Then again, they call me nutso for a reason.

Some people say I suffer from insanity, but in all honesty I really kind of enjoy it. LOL
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty said
Quote:
Because of their lack of vision and lack of the intelligence to recognize the brilliance behind this man's future legacy, they will be relegated to the legions of wanna be's who will never be remembered in the annals of history.

Thank you Dusty, I completely agree that President George W.Bush will have an honored place in the history of our country. Your words caused me to revisit the President's 2nd Inaugural Address. A truly historic address which moved me to tears, it was such a powerful blueprint of his vision. Michael Novak wrote the most insightful analysis of that Inaugural Address which I posted on this forum last March.
It's really worth going back to re-read!!

A Brave And Bold Advance
http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18550&highlight=&sid=5d3a52c4d1c4926286b6ad64e64c4b8a
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have to wonder if the reason that some, from some politcal persuasions detest GWB so much, is that on some level that they can't acknowledge,...they know he's right

Can't help but compare GWB's vision to that of one of his predecessors. It is also extrordinarily ironic, that some of these same ones on the left complain of GW's invoking of his faith...

visions and words of faith from another's Inaugural Address
Quote:

The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life. And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe--the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.

We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution. Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans--born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage--and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

............... Let both sides unite to heed in all corners of the earth the command of Isaiah--to "undo the heavy burdens . . . (and) let the oppressed go free.".

.............., but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own.

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/presiden/inaug/kennedy.htm
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hear hear
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: vision of Bush Reply with quote

Top five or eight presidents for sure.
I don't expect to see this anytime soon, too many leftists authors writing our history including the text books .
2025-40 might be a good date afterall it took a few decades for Lincoln.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: