SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veteran's Pensions (You may be eligible even with no disabil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Veteran's Pensions (You may be eligible even with no disabil Reply with quote

If you are a wartime veteran with a limited income and you are no longer able to work, you may qualify for a Veterans Disability Pension or the Veterans Pension for Veterans 65 or older.

Many veterans of wartime service are completely unaware of the fact that if they are 65 or older and on a limited income they may qualify for a VA Pension without being disabled.

Eligibility:
You may be eligible if:

you were discharged from service under other than dishonorable conditions, AND
you served 90 days or more of active duty with at least 1 day during a period of war time. However, 38 CFR 3.12a requires that anyone who enlists after 9/7/80 generally has to serve at least 24 months or the full period for which a person was called or ordered to active duty in order to receive any benefits based on that period of service. With the advent of the Gulf War on 8/2/90 (and still not ended by Congress to this day), veterans can now serve after 9/7/80 during a period of war time. When they do, they generally now must serve 24 months to be eligible for pension or any other benefit. But note the exclusions in 38 CFR 3.12(d), AND
you are permanently and totally disabled, or are age 65 or older, AND
your countable family income is below a yearly limit set by law

See the rest of it @
http://www.military.com/Resources/ResourcesContent/0,13964,30976,00.html
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Chief RZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIs-- You are also eligible for some VHA hospital benefits if you served in a war zone. Have you heard of 1010EZ ? Email me, I am working at the Columbia, SC VET Center. (803) 765-9944 I will be there through July, 2006 and do not put up with any BS! Mosul, 2004, Air Force.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the VHA (Veterans Health Administration) has a $35 Billion dollar budget next year...(part of the $95 billion defense authorization, I believe)...so don't let anyone tell you different!!!

Frist was a busy little beaver on his last nite, driving the Senate until 5am today! kudo's to him...here's one little tidbit from last nite:

"SEC. 136. In addition to any other transfer authority of the Department of Veterans Affairs, up to $683,970,000 of the funds made available to the Department by this division may be transferred to `Veterans Health Administration--Medical Services' during the period covered by this division.'."

Oh, and our Sen. Martinez claims to have helped a vet thru the Orlando VA Casework office (407-254-2573), so if you're having probs with the VA and you haven't availed yourself of the nearest "VA Casework Office", add that to your todo list, willya! and if that don't work, call your 'new Senator'! I have a Brother-in-law who can't believe I haven't filed some claims yet...hey I'm still in beer and boats, and don't have time, but that's me! the rest of you, don't give up!

Deuce
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagle, all

The latest issue of "Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependents" is out and available at VA clinics, hospitals, etc....get a copy!

The Pensions are covered in Chapter 3
and the website is
http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/pension/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: