SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White House Caves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: White House Caves Reply with quote

President John "Capt McQueeg" McCain gets his anti-torture amendment. The Lame Duck Administration accepts terms of the Media President. Power transfer to be determined later.

Why do Republicans grab their ankles everytime McCain wants something?? This really torks me off!!!

Last edited by GM Strong on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: White House Caves Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
President John "Capt McQueeg" McCain gets his anti-torture amendment. The Lame Duck Administration accepts terms of the Media President. Power transfer to be determined later.

I hadn't heard this was a sure thing yet?
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we capture a guy who we know has knowledge of a nuke set to go off in an American city and we can't get the information to stop it out of him by polite conversation, everybody in America ought to get to stomp on McCains head. It wouldn't hurt him, he's already a mushbrain.
This is some of the stupidest stuff I've ever seen. I bet the terrorists are rejoicing big time.

Dusty
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain's Reform Institute is partially funded by Soros, which is why I don't trust him. His POW status does not qualify him as an able politician. I will not vote for this man for anything.

Here we are with a SCOTUS nomination in progress, tax cuts being made permenant, AMT, Inheritance tax abatement, Energy acquisition (drilling) and other important issues and this is what Capt. McQueeg thinks is #1.

I am annoyed with my President on three items in particular. McCain- Feingold, The Highway Pork Bill, and now this. All should have been vetoed. He has backed down the threat of veto each time. For the Dems and RINOs like McCain it says "Send it up, I'll sign it anyway." This is going to bite us in the Arse hard.

Mark Levin has dubbed this "The Al-Queda Bill of Rights", are we going to have to give the terrorists a Miranda warning??

Rush made the observation today:

RUSH: Well, one thing we know, folks, we learn from history on this program. We learn from experience. If McCain's torture bill is true to form, we're going to end up with more of it. (Laughing.) Just like campaign finance reform is trying to "get the money out of politics." We got more money into politics, but it happened under the table on secret routes. We're going to end up with more torture. If McCain says we can't torture anybody here or there or whatever, we'll find someplace to do it, and I'm making a joke, but when you tell people you can't do it... It's just like when you tell an entrepreneur, "I'm going to raise your taxes so you don't earn as much." The entrepreneurs just go work harder so they don't lose ground. (interruption) What? What's scary? Oh, Ray Nagin? What's...? Oh. (Laughing.) Snerdley just pointed out, "This is a scary image: Ray Nagin is at the White House, and he's in the White House briefing room. He's standing in front of White House logo." (Laughing.) It is breaking news: "Levees To Be Built Stronger Than Previous Ones." Well, who would have thought of that idea? My God, that is brilliant! Do you understand? Folks, breaking news?

They're going to build the levees in New Orleans stronger than they were. What a government! What a country! Where do we find these people that are this bright? I give thanks to God each day that I live in America. These people are brilliant, folks, and they're not even from universities. It's wonderful. Okay, so McCain took the money out of politics; we got more money. McCain taking the torture out of war; we're going to get either more war or more torture. (Laughing.) (McCain impression:) "Shut up, Limbaugh! You can't say that!""

Yes, I can.

(Imitating McCain) "I don't care, I don't care what you say. I don't need you! I got the media! Limbaugh, you're just a pretender. Yeah. You got it?"

You know, in the 1970s we had the Church committee led by Senator Church of Idaho. He gutted the CIA's ability to use human intelligence to gather information abroad. We pay the price for that to this day. It was followed by efforts to prevent a perceived problem with intelligence-gathering on US citizens, with the creation of this wall of separation between law enforcement and the intelligence service, Jamie Gorelick's wall, acting for Bill Clinton, took it a step further by building the wall higher and wider and longer than the law required. So even over the objections of several federal prosecutors who warned that doing so would tie our hands in the war of terrorism -- and they didn't care because they had reasons for the wall, the Clinton administration. So today we are told that this wall -- remember the wall from the 9/11 committee? This is exactly what we're going to get here with this McCain amendment, folks. It's the same type of thing. It's the same type of thing we got with the Church Amendment, and I think in McCain's case, it's all about him. It's all about his future, it's all about his standing with the media, it's all about his chances for political advancement. It just boggles the mind. Today we're told that this wall, by the way, and the lack of human intelligence were among the weaknesses in our security that led to 9/11.

Ironically, as you all remember, Gorelick sits on the 9/11 Commission that did everything it could to cover up the existence of this wall as well as Able Danger. So instead of learning from all this, instead of learning from the Church committee era, instead of learning from the mistakes made by erecting this wall, we now have Congress with Senator McCain in the lead passing the Al-Qaeda bill of rights, which we will one day come to rue. It is a disaster, and those who are voting for this do so for purely political reasons. Our armed forces are not torturers. That's the thing about this that just boils my blood. They're not torturers; they're not committing atrocities. They're not, as Dick Durbin called them, killers like the Nazis, Stalinists or Pol Pot's army. It is a disgrace to impugn these people with such conduct, and make no mistake about it: that is exactly what has happened here. The leader of this effort is remarkably a man who should know better, John McCain, himself a prisoner of war, because this bill literally assumes that all American interrogators or most of them engage in torture and brutality and we need this massive federal legislation to stop it. As I say, this is why the Founding Fathers wanted the power of war in the hands of one person, the president. They wanted him to be the commander-in-chief.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: White House Caves Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:

Why do Republicans grab their ankles everytime McCain wants something?? This really torks me off!!!

He will not get my support if he runs for POTUS in '08. Furthermore, didn't he team up with Kerry to stop the search for POW's/MIA's left in Nam back in 1992? He certainly is not someone I could place any confidence or trust in.

Also, that torture amendment is a joke. What happened at Abu Grab was dispicable and low, but far from what I have read about torture. What is McCain trying to prove? Confused

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most ridiculous justifications for the anti-torture bill is that if Americans are captured, their treatment will be based on our anti-torture stance. Oh, yes, I'm sure Al Q will pattern its interrogation methods on ours!

There's also a real poison pill in this bill having to do with treating prisoners in a "degrading" manner. It means nothing since any treatment can be classified as degrading at the whim of the degradee. ("I received degrading treatment since my questioner stared at me. Waaa. Where's Ramsey Clark?")

Utter folly.

Schadow
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: It's about time. Reply with quote

All I can say is it's about time we had an anti-tortue bill. Now we need a study done on the adverse effects to the ozone layer that is caused by the Stanley Steamer.

Actually, it's about time John McPain and John Mirtha (OMG, two more Johns!) combine their efforts in researching long term care facilities. They ARE going to need it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: