SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA Times poll for or against Oscar Host
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: LA Times poll for or against Oscar Host Reply with quote

I received this from a dear friend, and I do not know who this Joyce is, but I think she is quite eloquent. I went online and voted, but was amazed at both the choices you could vote on and the results. I agree that we should send this out to all our friends.
Navy Wife

Quote:
This message is going out to all of my family, personal friends and those I've met via the internet. Hopefully you will forward it on. As you know Jon Stewart is hosting this year's Academy Awards (The Oscars). He will turn this into a show that totally bashes our President. Please tell all you know to boycott the show and show Hollywood that we do not cater to their antics. So many of them have belittled our President. They will now take this show which has been around for so many years and use it as a platform for the Michael Moore's of this nation. Tell all to go to the following link that I am sending and vote on it. There is a spot for you to do so. Perhaps they will get the hint. We are in a war of all wars fighting these terrorists that want us all dead - and yet there are those in Hollywood who actually side with their thoughts. So confused as to why. Very tired of hearing our President bash! ed the way they do it - especially at this time in our history. Yes, we have freedom of speech - but we are at war and should be supporting him and our military. This President has had more on his plate than any President in my lifetime. Remember that and remember those that died on September 11th because of the hatred of Americans and their freedoms. I'm not trying to sway you politically - just trying to ask for your help in stopping this from being done right now at this time. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. My prayer is that you will pass it on and spread the word.

Joyce
(The Link Is Below)
http://theenvelope.latimes.com/?vote21311618=1
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't watch the Oscars, know few who do except Liberals. I don't care about the Oscars or Hollyweird. When a half baked movie about gay sheepherders rises to the top of their cesspool, then what the public thinks has no impact on the alternate universe they live in. The whole thing is about a bunch of out-of-touch airheads smoozing telling each other over how wonderful they all think they are. To hell with'em.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong,

Many of us do not watch the Oscars. That is not the point here. The point is that we must support our President in a time of War, and Jon Stewart is one of the biggest, nastiest "Bush Bashers" in the country. The LA Times needs to hear our voice so I urge you to vote. It only took two seconds!

Navy wife
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm not clear enough. Most of the people I have contact or influence with don't take in this annual cultural bashing display.

Personally, I do not know who Jon Stewart is or what he does and I don't give an RA. I should add, that when the subject comes up I make those same points you are about what goes on and I agree. It's not just Bush bashing, it's the tradition now of denigration of our morality, the military, and anti-Americanism in general. The viewership of the Oscars continues to decline as they get cruder and crasser and more narcissistic. Ick. The show is as bad as the movies it rewards.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Stewart and Tucker Carlson were on I believe crossfire when John went unhinged and the veins popped out of his head. I could see John wanted to kill Carlson right then and there. The man is full of hate and definately not funny.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
John Stewart and Tucker Carlson were on I believe crossfire when John went unhinged and the veins popped out of his head. I could see John wanted to kill Carlson right then and there. The man is full of hate and definately not funny.

Who is Stewart and what is his gig? I am truthful when I say I don't know who this guy is. If he is a "comedian", it sounds like he has all the class of Al Franken.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
GenrXr wrote:

Who is Stewart and what is his gig? I am truthful when I say I don't know who this guy is. If he is a "comedian", it sounds like he has all the class of Al Franken.

He has a show called the daily show on comedy central. It is a pseudo news channel where they cover in particular political events. The show does have some very funny skits and comedians, yet Stewart plays the straight man and deservedly so. He is very much in the vein of an al franken comedian. Jokes are said and liberals laugh while conservatives scratch their heads. It is not that conservatives do not get the jokes as oppsed to the group-think on display when fanatical leftists tell a joke. I listen to Al Franken quite often on XM radio to keep up with their ideas and am amazed at what the crazies will laugh at when he speaks to audiences.

David Horowitz in Radical Son or the Radical Left, not for sure which one discussed the funeral of his father. His father was a communist leader in some small community within New York and David reflected how noone spoke of his father the man at his funeral. They spoke of his father the communist and his ideological persuasion, yet noone knew Davids father for the man he was. David grew to abhor his fathers ideology, yet loved him as a son should his father. David remarks how amazing it was people could be friends with someone for over 50 years and not know them personally, but this is key to leftists and their way of thinking. They do not have the capacity to love or befriend a human being. The leftist ideologue is pychologically ill and watching Stewart and Franken speaking to audiences or on talk shows proves this point. Just follow the punch line and the laughs.

The recent Letterman BOR dialogue is also worth mentioning. Pay attention to what Letterman says and the laughs it generates. Are people stupid or crazy? You be the judge.

BOR had the opportunity to destroy Letterman 100 percent and should have. He should of pulled no punches and went for his juglular. Make no mistake if Letterman had the intellectual capacity he would of went after BOR and made a laughably feeble attempt, yet people such as Letterman are dangerous to our society and people such as BOR owe society a debt by exposing the nut jobs for who they are. BOR could of ruined Lettermans carreer right then at that moment and decided to lay off.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted against him just for you Navy Wife, even though I hated to give the rag another hit. It's probably rigged anyway. I used to watch the Daily Show when it first started. At that time it was fairly funny because they made an attempt to make fun of everybody. I suppose it was kinda like when SNL first started. Anyway, I stopped watching during the elections because it turned into a 100% Bush bash. I'm afraid it's still pretty popular with those that got sucked in. I would say that Stewart is a tad sharper than Franken. I didn't go to the movies last year for the first time and won't be watching the awards. Hollyweird can jump off a cliff for all I care.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, msindependent! Glad to know you voted. We NEED to vote and show them how it will hurt them financially if we do not watch the show. I realize it won't change anything, but the more people who vote, the more drops in revenue they'll see
Confused
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok..I went there & voted. wife has promised me she will not watch Oscars..lol I never watch those Commies no how no way !!!

I have sent out about 20 e-mails to like minded friends to vote & to boycott !!!!!! & to help spread the word.

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok..I went there & voted. wife has promised me she will not watch Oscars..lol I never watch those Commies no how no way !!!

I have sent out about 20 e-mails to like minded friends to vote & to boycott !!!!!! & to help spread the word.

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: LA Times poll for or against Oscar Host Reply with quote

If you care to vote more than once, empty your Temporary Internet files each time from your browser properties. That is why these polls don't mean anything. You can "vote" as many times as you want. I even used the back button and cast a few votes. Not sure if they will register with the back button.

I have no idea why the liberal media use these polls to tout their point of view. I guess they think Republicans are not Internet savvy. Laughing Mr. Green

Navy wife wrote:
I received this from a dear friend, and I do not know who this Joyce is, but I think she is quite eloquent. I went online and voted, but was amazed at both the choices you could vote on and the results. I agree that we should send this out to all our friends.
Navy Wife

Quote:
This message is going out to all of my family, personal friends and those I've met via the internet. Hopefully you will forward it on. As you know Jon Stewart is hosting this year's Academy Awards (The Oscars). He will turn this into a show that totally bashes our President. Please tell all you know to boycott the show and show Hollywood that we do not cater to their antics. So many of them have belittled our President. They will now take this show which has been around for so many years and use it as a platform for the Michael Moore's of this nation. Tell all to go to the following link that I am sending and vote on it. There is a spot for you to do so. Perhaps they will get the hint. We are in a war of all wars fighting these terrorists that want us all dead - and yet there are those in Hollywood who actually side with their thoughts. So confused as to why. Very tired of hearing our President bash! ed the way they do it - especially at this time in our history. Yes, we have freedom of speech - but we are at war and should be supporting him and our military. This President has had more on his plate than any President in my lifetime. Remember that and remember those that died on September 11th because of the hatred of Americans and their freedoms. I'm not trying to sway you politically - just trying to ask for your help in stopping this from being done right now at this time. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. My prayer is that you will pass it on and spread the word.

Joyce
(The Link Is Below)
http://theenvelope.latimes.com/?vote21311618=1
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you all! I appreciate your voting--of course it is not scientific; however, I noted that when I first voted, there were only 9.3% who said he was horrible and now it is up to 13.4%!!
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is 8:09am Tusday morning the percentage is up to 27.6% yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that says he is a horrible choice !!!

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look Again! http://theenvelope.latimes.com/polls/

Leeman wrote:
It is 8:09am Tusday morning the percentage is up to 27.6% yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that says he is a horrible choice !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: