SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuclear 9/11 - American Hiroshima?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Nuclear 9/11 - American Hiroshima? Reply with quote

http://www.therant.us/guest/mauro/01052006.htm

RM: Do you have any information on what the US and its friends are doing to try to stop the plot?

PW: On October 11, 2001 , George Tenet, former CIA director, met with President Bush to inform him that at least two tactical nukes have reached al Qaeda operatives in the US . This news was substantiated by Pakistan 's ISI, the CIA, and the FBI.

and

RM: I have trouble believing that teams required to maintain a nuclear weapon wouldn't be detected here in the US.

PW: There isn't just one team but, at least, seven. They are working within mosques and Islamic centers. In the US , a federal judge will not provide any FBI or law enforcement agent with a warrant to search a mosque of an Islam center for ANY reason since such places are listed as "houses of worship."

RM: Seven teams?

PW: At least seven teams. according to information obtained from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and other al Qaeda operatives, in at least seven metropolitan areas. These areas have been identified as New York , Miami , Houston , Las Vegas , Los Angeles , Chicago , and Washington DC . The attack will occur simultaneously at the seven sites.

Why aren't we hearing about this on the news so we can keep our eyes and ears open?
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Nuclear 9/11 - American Hiroshima? Reply with quote

FreeFall wrote:
Why aren't we hearing about this on the news so we can keep our eyes and ears open?

I haven't had much time to look up stuff on Dr. Paul L. Williams but my impression of him and his credibility is not too positive. I'm immediately suspicious of anyone who introduces himself thus:

Quote:
I have a unique background. I hold a Ph.D. in philosophy from Drew University and I am a seasoned and award-winning journalist.

Hmmm, a journalist ('seasoned', yet) with a background in philosophy.

The tale related in the linked piece has quite a few flights of fancy related to details of nuclear weapons, their components, servicing requirements and portability. He speaks ominously of a canister of uranium-238 having been discovered inside another canister in Kandahar. This is not too sensational since U-238 is only slightly radioactive, cannot go critical (except in certain fusion weapon applications totally outside the capabilities of terrorists), and is scattered all over the battlefields in spent kinetic rounds from tanks.

At one point he speaks of using a gun-type nuclear projectile used in a 155 mm recoilless rifle. I know of a 105 mm recoilless (for which, to my knowledge, no nuclear round has been developed). There may be a 155 mm recoilless rifle but I'm not aware of it. There was a 155 mm gun-type nuclear round developed for howitzers and long guns. Williams' sloppyness here taints his credibility.

The guy is selling a book. He has a roster of all the prominent Arab players to scatter about in it, menacingly.

Certainly we must keep the ears and eyes open, including all the internal surveillance the President wants to conduct, but this story doesn't quite measure up to insomnia. I think we may have a Tom Clancy wannabe here.

Schadow
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Yossef Bodansky, the author of "Bin Laden, The man who declared war on America", says Bin Laden has between 20-40 suitcase nukes. He wrote this book in 1999. I have a lot of respect of Mr Bodansky, I don't know much about Paul Williams so maybe you are right.

However, what is news is that there may be 2 or more here!
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeFall wrote:
Actually Yossef Bodansky, the author of "Bin Laden, The man who declared war on America", says Bin Laden has between 20-40 suitcase nukes. He wrote this book in 1999. I have a lot of respect of Mr Bodansky, I don't know much about Paul Williams so maybe you are right.

However, what is news is that there may be 2 or more here!

Actually, a single working nuke in the wrong hands anywhere in the US would be a real worry. However, if Bin Laden had 20-40 "suitcase" weapons seven years ago, he probably has nothing now. These things deteriorate and have to be serviced and parts replaced rather frequently. Tritium and other volatiles disappear. I doubt he has access to a shop, spare parts, and highly skilled technicians to perform such maintenance.

By the way, the existence of a "suitcase" nuke is much in question. The smallest nuke developed by the US, other than artillery shells, weighed about 150 pounds and was packaged unlike a suitcase. It was called SADM (small atomic demolition munition). Yield was about 1 kiloton. The existence of Russian "suitcases' has never been proven.

Make no mistake, even a badly deteriorated weapon, somehow managed to be detonated, would cause poisonous plutonium to be spread about and cause untold panic even if there were no nuclear yield.

The possibility, if not the probability, of the presence of a nuclear device fulfills the original purpose, which is to foment terror.

Schadow
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow, found this old Newsmax alert, it was mentioned at the bottom here: http://www.revelations.org.za/Taskforce.htm#TaskForce

September 18, 2002
Bodansky reveals ominous Facts about missing Suitcase Nukes

NewsMax.com News Alert

Just this week, the head of Ukraine's communist party admitted that some 200 Soviet-era nuclear warheads have simply disappeared.

Pravda reports that a Ukrainian parliamentary member reveals that some of the warheads have been "lost." Previous press reports indicate as many as 50 nuclear suitcase devices are also missing from Russia's nuclear arsenal.

These reports confirm details of an exclusive briefing given to NewsMax readers earlier this month by Yossef Bodansky.

Yossef Bodansky is the author of the New York Times #1 best seller "Bin Laden: The Man Who Declared War on America." He is arguably the world's foremost expert on al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden, and he offers a stunning, confidential briefing to NewsMax's Off-the-Record Club.

Among his many revelations: Osama bin Laden obtained several nuclear devices from the Russian mafia. Bodansky's also claims that bin Laden has sought and received "fatwahs" -- special religious dispensations -- to explode such devices in the U.S. Bodansky cites Israeli and U.S. intelligence sources for his information.

Bodansky's information is not to be ignored. He has been warning the United States and the West about the dangers of Islamic terrorists since the late 1980s. He is now one of the most sought-after experts consulted by the U.S. government and governments worldwide. Bodansky is the director of the Congressional Task Force on Terrorism and Unconventional Warfare. He is the author of eight books on international terrorism and global crises, and is a former senior consultant for the U.S. departments of Defense and State.

Another article:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=29109
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: