SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam Era GIs 1965-1969 spitting incidents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chief RZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Vietnam Era GIs 1965-1969 spitting incidents Reply with quote

GIs--
I have been challenged by some college professor about the "myth" of the spitting incidents with returning GIs especially at SF Int. Airport, but other areas also. Please include approximate month, year, and incident.
CMSgt John Rockholz, Retired
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This subject has been discussed several times withing the various forums on this site. I'm sure that if you use the search facility you will be able to see what has been discussed at length.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this.

What's the professor teach? Ancient History Question Very Happy

I can't believe it's been 40 years already. Thanks for sticking up for us, Chief
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief, check your email. I just sent you a jpg copy of a 1971 article from the Reno Gazette mentioning a returning vet being spat upon.
Chief RZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: The Truth Reply with quote

All--
Thanks for the quick replies. Buffalo, thanks for the tip. I'm on it.
I just got back in after retirement. It took a while and some help from the admin.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell him for me that while only a small minority may have been in receipt of the real McCoy, an entire generation of patriots were rhetorically "loogied" by this ideologue and his peers...and that spittle continues to fly from their wretched mouths to this day.

Undoubtedly holocaust denial will be next on his agenda...
RGScott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a while since I last posted, been busy – but this is a sore point for me and caught my attention.
Here is an excerpt from my soon to be published autobiography, every word is true. The incident took place around the first of April 1968:

I entered the terminal wearing a brand new dress uniform with all my awards. I had a heavy suntan and looked like a returning combat vet. A young and very pretty hippie chick approached me with a huge welcoming smile. I smiled back.
She hawked a luggie at my face.
It missed and her face suddenly distorted into a mask of pure hatred as she screamed "How many babies did you kill?" "Murderer!"
I had heard of this happening but didn't really believe it. It was a new thing. I put on my meanest "Hired Killer of Women and Children" face and replied, "Not enough."
I boarded my flight and noticed that the attitude of the populace had changed. On my Christmas flight I felt welcome, on this one I felt like an unwanted intruder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: