SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ohio Judge...Where Am I?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Ohio Judge...Where Am I? Reply with quote

From humaneventsonline.com

For those of you who still believe the justice system in America is working, consider the following. For three years 46-year-old Andrew Selva sexually brutalized two boys, ages 5 and 12, in a small town outside of Columbus, Ohio. In a plea bargain, Selva admitted to the court that he raped the boys in a variety of ways. By all accounts, it was savage criminal activity.

But when Selva appeared for sentencing before Ohio Judge John Connor, he received no prison time at all. Instead, Connor placed him on probation saying: "He's got a disease like I've got a disease. I don't know that prison would have helped, except for revenge, and revenge is not in the sentencing guidelines."

What the sentencing guidelines did call for was a 10-year stretch in a state prison. But Connor believes he knows better, so it is probation for a child rapist. By the way, the "disease" Connor referenced in his own case is apparently alcohol-related, the judge has at least two DUI convictions on his sheet.

Go to: http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=13322

There's nothing I can say.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Ohio Judge...Where Am I? Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:
I don't know that prison would have helped, except for revenge, and revenge is not in the sentencing guidelines."

Nor, apparently, is retribution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: