SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The proper treatment of moonbats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: The proper treatment of moonbats Reply with quote

Go Buzz!

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/2311.html

-Wlm Shakespeare
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great right for a man his age dontcha think???
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz and Burt are vulgar people!

Hoffer writes,

It tickled me no end that the astronauts who landed on the moon were not elite-conscious intellectuals but lowbrow ordinary Americans.* It has been the genius of common Americans to achieve the momentus in an unmomentus matter-of-fact way. If space exploration remains in their keeping they will soon make of it an everyday routine accessible to all. The intellectuals call this giving access to the vulgar-vulgarization. Where the intellectuals are in power, prosaic tasks become Promethean undertakings. I have yet to meet an intellectual who truly believes that common people can govern themselves and run things without outstanding leaders. In the longshoremen's union the intellectuals have a nervous breakdown anytime a common, barely literate longshoreman runs for office and gets elected.

To me it seems axiomatic that the common people everywhere are our natural allies, and that our chief contribution to the advancement of mankind should be the energizing and activation of common folk. We must learn how to impart to common people everywhere the technological, political and social skills which would enable them to dispense with the tutorship of the upper classes and the intellectuals. We must deflate the pretensions of self-appointed elites. These elites will hate us no matter what we do, and it is legitimate for us to help dump them into the dustbin of history. 1

*professor Victor C. Ferkiss, author of Technological Man, sees the astronauts as "thoroughly conventional and middle-class and essentially dull people who would make such nice neighbors and such unlikely friends." Could these, he wonders, "be the supermen whom the race had struggled for a million years to produce?"

When I B posted the link to this video, I thought of this writing by Hoffer as well as the Space Ship One program run by Burt Rutan, CEO of Scaled Composites. You have Mr. Aldrin punching the wanna be intellectual for being an ass and Rutan creating space flight for the masses on a shoestring budget. Punching someone is definitely lowbrow, yet in this context as American as apple pie and Rutan is always called a maverick within the aeronautics industry, yet for a supposed maverick to consistently invent new ways of flight and create the feather re-entry no Nasa scientist in the preceding 40 years thought of is hardly the work of a maverick, rather that of common American genious!

Note-When describing Rutan as not a maverick but a common American genious, it is meant as opposite to what the current intellectual class is. The current intellectual class is neither genious nor maverick, yet will label any and all who pose a threat to them as maverick to lessen their contribution to society. See Dan Rather and his National Guard story on our President for further understanding.

1. Eric Hoffer, First Things, Last Things pp. 83-84 This excerpt was originally part of an article called "Whose Country is America." in the November 22, 1970 issue of the New York Times

Last edited by GenrXr on Sun May 14, 2006 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xr,

For some truly breath-taking illustrations of the intellectual vs commoner thing check this out:

(Link deleted by Admin)
(Interested readers may PM IB for info)

The moonbats are going absolutely ******* on the United 93 board trashing all the threads with the basic message, "You're all too stupid to know 9/11 was a government plot by George Bush." Stumbling on the Aldrin video was cathartic after wading through all "Loose Change" conspiracy crap.

Admin note: It has been standard policy in this forum to discourage linking to contentious content appearing in other forums. This practice can often be perceived as an invitation to "join in" and may lead to the onset of a "forum war". While it may provide great sport for those who might choose to participate, it is a mess to deal with and administer once it commences.

If you wish to make note of such controversy, please do so without specifically identifying or linking to a specific forum and encourage those who might wish to travel there to PM you for a link. Thanks / me#1

-Wlm Shakespeare
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
Xr,

For some truly breath-taking illustrations of the intellectual vs commoner thing check this out:

(Link deleted by Admin) / me#1

The moonbats are going absolutely ******** on the United 93 board trashing all the threads with the basic message, "You're all too stupid to know 9/11 was a government plot by George Bush." Stumbling on the Aldrin video was cathartic after wading through all "Loose Change" conspiracy crap.

It is sad.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Bush should hire Buzz as his Enforcer to get the wayward congress back in step.

Buzz could punch Kerry in the face and improve his looks by trimming his chin down.

Buzz could hit Kennedy in the belly and watch him vibrate to death.

Buzz could raise a fist to Reid and see how fast he can run to the Capitol secure room.

The idiot Buzz hit flush on the nose looks like a Raccoon now. Good straight right hand Buzz.

Independent that leans right of center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: