SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Osama's biographer says nukes in U.S.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Osama's biographer says nukes in U.S. Reply with quote

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50341
Quote:
Osama's biographer says nukes in U.S.
Border used to smuggle WMDs inside America, says sourceAl-Qaida has smuggled tactical nuclear weapons and uranium into the U.S. across the Mexican border and is planning to launch a major terrorist attack using a combination of nukes and dirty nukes, according to an interview with Osama bin Laden's biographer, Hamid Mir, in WorldThreats.com.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50341

And yet another reason to actually control who crosses our borders.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda sorta makes me wonder why Al-Qaida wants us to concentrate on our Southern Border, not that's any less reason to concentrate our efforts there.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some more stuff we can thank the idiot Clinton admin. for.
Talk about not being able to 'connect the dots'.

If this guy is right and they pull a nuke attack off, we ought to string up every Dem. politician who survives. Starting with Billy boy, Berger, Albright, Kerry, kennedy, Durbin, Pelosi and several others.

And then they have the termity to criticize Bush.

Dusty
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Osama's biographer says nukes in U.S. Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Al-Qaida has smuggled tactical nuclear weapons and uranium into the U.S. across the Mexican border and is planning to launch a major terrorist attack using a combination of nukes and dirty nukes, according to an interview with Osama bin Laden's biographer, Hamid Mir, in WorldThreats.com.

I doubt this would happen. If this were to occur, I suspect the U.S. would put a quick nuclear end to all Islamic holy cities and places across the globe, do a Dresden on the capitals of major hostile Moslem countries (Syria, Iran, etc.) and completely destroy their infrastuctures, as retaliation, minimum. Plus obliterate life in the "lawless zones" of Afghanistan/Pakistan where al Queda likely hides out. Guaranteed.

There are contingency plans to do this, I'm sure.

And that doesn't even include what U.S. civilians would do to mosques and Moslems in this country while law enforcement looked the other way - or helped. It would make the Old West look like a playground.

I think Osama and his minions know that they would not be popular in the Islamic world for acts causing the vaporization of their sacred sites - all of them.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
If this guy is right and they pull a nuke attack off, we ought to string up every Dem. politician who survives.
Dusty

Although I'm not a Democrat, I feel I need to point out that not all of them are "bad guys"... There are some moderate Dems out there that stand for the country as much as we do... They just happen to fall into the category that labels them incorrectly, just as there are a few Repubs that shouldn't be in the Repub party because they defy the morals the we expect of a good repub... Confused
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Osama's biographer says nukes in U.S. Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
BuffaloJack wrote:
Al-Qaida has smuggled tactical nuclear weapons and uranium into the U.S. across the Mexican border and is planning to launch a major terrorist attack using a combination of nukes and dirty nukes, according to an interview with Osama bin Laden's biographer, Hamid Mir, in WorldThreats.com.

I doubt this would happen. If this were to occur, I suspect the U.S. would put a quick nuclear end to all Islamic holy cities and places across the globe, do a Dresden on the capitals of major hostile Moslem countries (Syria, Iran, etc.) and completely destroy their infrastuctures, as retaliation, minimum. Plus obliterate life in the "lawless zones" of Afghanistan/Pakistan where al Queda likely hides out. Guaranteed.

There are contingency plans to do this, I'm sure.

And that doesn't even include what U.S. civilians would do to mosques and Moslems in this country while law enforcement looked the other way - or helped. It would make the Old West look like a playground.

I think Osama and his minions know that they would not be popular in the Islamic world for acts causing the vaporization of their sacred sites - all of them.

After 9/11, we learned that ANYTHING is possible.. remember that they will die (as martyers), the extremists, trying to change the world to their view. You have to remember that they have communities in most (if not every) country in the world... we can't attack them all.

Also you need to understand that they don't veiw things the same as us. They would take it as an insult if anyone attacked any moslem holy site (or any other at that).
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Dix, I do hope your correct. I sense there is nuclear extortion just around the bend.

When talking to folks who know about these things it is generally understood that the 'suitcase nukes' require more maintenance than could be provided without the assistance of the original manufacturer.

Dusty said:
Quote:
If this guy is right and they pull a nuke attack off, we ought to string up every Dem. politician who survives. Starting with Billy boy, Berger, Albright, Kerry, kennedy, Durbin, Pelosi and several others.

As practice can't we just round them up and tar and feather them, I'm free on this July 4?!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Al-Qaida has smuggled tactical nuclear weapons and uranium into the U.S. across the Mexican border

C'mon folks. I would never advocate ignoring such a revelation, but I nevertheless have to severely question it's credibility.

By now everyone should have noticed that there's a heck of a lot of bluffing and braggado going on in the Al-Qaida/Ismalists-terrorist world. For them, its called keeping the morale up when they are slowly apparently losing.

Second, why in the world would they announce that they have succeeded in smuggling nuclear devices into this country? The answer is that they value the fear and disruption such an announcement makes, over the spectacular publicity it would generate if it were true and they kept their mouths shut. Fear and disruption is the very definiton of "terrorism" so don't play their game; they win if it provokes such a public reaction.

Third, why would they announce that, even if it were true, they had smuggled such weapons in over the Mexican border? If you wanted to smuggle more in, now or later, would you announce where you had smuggled them? I think the answer to this one is that they are trying to exploit the ill feelings between Mexico and the US that is on-going in the immigration debate. I.e., nothing like trying to drive a wedge between the US and Mexico since it's "free," opportunistically available, and might even - in the future - pay off.

Last of all, I'll remind you that such sensational scare tactics sell books, air time, and readership - not at all unlike the global warming sensationalism. Some day soon, I hope we'll figure this out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: