SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star-Trib Editorial: Kerry takes up the Swift Boat charges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Star-Trib Editorial: Kerry takes up the Swift Boat charges Reply with quote

Of the literally thousands of stories/commentaries/editorials that I have read on this issue, I don't think I can remember ONE that even approaches the level of sheer mendacity that this editorial demonstrates.
Read this one sitting down and remove all hurlable objects from your hands...

Quote:
Editorial: Kerry takes up the Swift Boat charges
He deserves this opportunity to set the public record straight.
Published: June 03, 2006

Most of the controversies from the wild 2004 presidential campaign have long been forgotten. But one is coming back, the New York Times reported this week, and we're glad it is: Sen. John Kerry, the 2004 Democratic nominee for president, is joining an effort to debunk the many attacks on his service in Vietnam more than two decades earlier.

Kerry is a holder of three purple hearts, a bronze star and a silver star, all awarded in a four-month stint aboard Navy swift boats in Vietnam's Mekong delta. When he returned home, he was disillusioned with the war and said so, most famously before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1971. There he recounted other veterans' stories of atrocities committed and uttered the powerful question, "How do you ask someone to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

Although they had little bearing on Kerry's qualifications to be president, his young-man's sentiments on Vietnam were a legitimate issue. But that's not where it stopped. Reprising a campaign tactic that had worked well against Sen. John McCain in 2000 and Sen. Max Cleland in 2002, White House political strategist Karl Rove went straight at Kerry's most significant strength: his war record. In the following months, Kerry was accused of shooting himself to get the purple hearts; of having political plans even at that young age that fueled a cynical plot to get medals any way he could; of fabricating, lying about and exaggerating his military experiences. The tactic worked; people began to think maybe Kerry was "Unfit for Command," the title of an anti-Kerry book. Eventually, and bizarrely, people were arguing about whether Kerry took his boat into Cambodia on one occasion. To us the story sounded quite plausible (a number of Americans made clandestine trips into Cambodia during that time), as well as irrelevant to the campaign.

ed. You'll have to venture to their asylum for the remainder

Minneapolis Star-Tribune - cont'd
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that they did not give a site to make a rebuttal on their distorted and inaccurate facts. I guess they think they a journalists Razz
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's possible to get to the left of the NYT in editorial slant, the 'Strib is there, and just like the Times, it is not necessary to be factual or based in reality, only what they wish reality to be.

The guys over at "Powerline" blog usually have a running duel going on with them over one editorial or another.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry does not need to take up any challenge or take up charges. All he's ever needed to do was fully open his complete military records to the public.

It's that simple, John. Just fully release your complete record and prove us all wrong. No smoke and mirrors this time, no limited release to only 3 friendly reporters. Make the complete records avaiable to the public, as did George W. Bush.

We are still waiting, John.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry, we are still waiting for you to unconditionally release every page in your service record. You sign the form for the U.S. Navy to release all of your service records and we go away. It is as simple as that. However, we are not holding our breath. We are here. We are not going away. We are waiting.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry was accused of shooting himself to get the purple hearts...

This is the same mis-statement of fact that sent Chris Matthews into hyper-hysteria against Michelle Malkin. These leftist liars are unable (or unwilling) to make the distinction between a self-inflicted wound and a DELIBERATELY self-inflicted wound as the above comment would have a reader believe SVPT was alleging.

I don't know how one combats this level of journalistic corruption but it is a testimony to the depths of malevolence they are willing to stoop to salvage the reputation of this opportunistic traitor and the ideology they share.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Nonsense biased Editorial Reply with quote

Written for a biased reader.

Its on the order of a talking points memo for some focus group.

No one would be swayed by it either way.

You either relish the pandering drivel because you
don't want to accept the truth and have set bias. ( We really don't care about that individual. )
or
you as a chance reader skip through it wondering,
"What's that screwy Kerry up to now?"

Very few people read editorials, because they are rarely enlightening.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry has asked that his entire Navy file be released...

Of course he has...but they are curiously (or perhaps not so curiously) non-specific as to whether this is actually a new Form 180 authorization or whether the author is refering to Kerry's earlier limited release. The assertion, as written, might apply to either.

Most probably a new release designating his latest Band of Bamboozlers access so they can prepare to effectively counter-spin the content.

And what do they make of Kerry's earliest emphatic declarations that his entire military record had been provided on his website from the onset of his campaign? Perhaps that's an "inconvenient truth" for the readers of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: