SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It was a dark and stormy Christmas Eve...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: It was a dark and stormy Christmas Eve... Reply with quote

Iowahawk, get busy...Brainster lays down his satiric gauntlet...

Quote:
Sunday, May 28, 2006

John F. Kerry Fan Fiction

It was a dark and stormy Christmas Eve on the Mekong. We had left Sa Dec a few hours earlier, and were still exhilarated over the adventure of the drawbridge. As we came out of the town we realized that even with the drawbridge up all the way, we'd have very little clearance. But we decided to gun it rather than wait for low tide and made it through with about an inch to spare. The villagers who had come to watch us smash up applauded politely.

We were in that nebulous area between Cambodia and South Vietnam. The CIA spook was applying lampblack to his face. The hat was lying on the table between us. It was big and floppy and camo and I lusted after it.

The CIA man grunted. He was featureless like all spooks; after 4-5 missions they all started to look the same. But his voice was pure Southern farmboy.

"Y'all want the hat?" Before he could withdraw the offer I snatched it up and put it on my head a jaunty angle. He smiled, but it was a cold smile. "Y'all gotta swap one of yours."

I hesitated. The only hat besides my regulation Navy equipment was my old Red Sox cap, autographed by Eddie Yost himself. I liked to think of it as my lucky cap. But it wasn't camo, and it wasn't the hat of a real CIA man. So I handed over the baseball cap.

This was one of those unofficial missions that I chafed at. "Surely Nixon can't be running the government already," I had complained to Elliot when receiving my orders. "He's not the President yet!"

Commander Elliot had winked. "This has been Nixon's war all along, you know that as well as I do."

Gardner poked his head in the door. "Couple PBJs--err, PBRs coming up, Skippy--err, Skipper." I could see him surpressing a grin and wondered why, then cursed and whipped off the camo hat. Later that night I would have to put it in the secret compartment of my attache case. Otherwise Gardner and the other guys would undoubtedly visit indignities on it, which would probably lead to mildew.

I groaned at the news of the PBRs. The f'ing Navy couldn't do anything right. Elliot had assured me this area would be clear. But as the craft approached us, a mortar whistled overhead. "What was that?" I yelled. The second one hit the water only a few yards away.

The PBRs took off and we darted into Cambodia. Again, but not for the last time.

(Note: This is a post from the Kerry Haters days, suddenly topical again thanks to Le Fraude's decision to reopen the Christmas in Cambodia story yet again.)

-Pat

Brainster

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed May 31, 2006 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You#10,
That was really pretty good.
It would be even better if several months from now sKerry actually remembered having it seared into his brain and started using it in his campaign.
As kate stated before in other posts, the kerryites routinely cruise this site. Without a doubt, sKerry and his henchmen WILL read it and remember it.
Jack
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, I'd like to see this develop into an internet cottage industry of biting ridicule directed at that pompous, egotistical lying fraud. I can just imagine what scribes like Iowahawk might do with this theme...

"It was a dark and stormy Christmas Eve..."
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Jack, I'd like to see this develop into an internet cottage industry of biting ridicule directed at that pompous, egotistical lying fraud. I can just imagine what scribes like Iowahawk might do with this theme...

"It was a dark and stormy Christmas Eve..."

dont forget Scott Ott
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film at 11:00? People, people, people... If it wasn't captured on film by Super Cameraman Hero Ltjg "I've got the hat" sKerry it simply can't be true! Can it? (And there's the "rub" in the Christmas in Cambodia story, right there!) Unless, of course, he can call on The Magic Hat as a material eye witness to prove otherwise.

Speaking of which, you reckon he's got any documentary film showing the Magic Hat? Surely, if it's got the magical qualities he claims, he used it as a prop sometime or another in his illustrious filming career.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three of the magic hats, a black beret with an advisor patch, and a SEAL Team t-shirt given to me by a SEAL. Guess I should run for POTUS. I am over qualified.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

......ahhhh, the HAT! That's where I had them. I proved with geometric logic "There was a HAT!" and I would have produced that hat if they hadn't pulled me out of action. I know now, that thoroughly disloyal officers were out to get me.....

-J F'n Queery

-Wlm Shakespeare
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Guess I should run for POTUS.

You would get my vote.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that hat puts skerry right up there with the

Quote:

Great Orators of the Democratic Party

"One man with courage makes a majority."--Andrew Jackson

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."--Franklin D. Roosevelt

"The buck stops here."--Harry S. Truman

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."--John F. Kennedy

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day. I have the hat."--John Kerry

hat-tip James Taranto, Best Of The Web Today May 30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: