SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iraqi Freedom Vets?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Iraqi Freedom Vets? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I noticed that most of the posters are Vietnam era Vets. Are Iraqi Vets welcome?

I got back last month having served 11 months downrange. I am a career AGR MP NCO in the 870th MP Co, California Army National Guard. I work in Operations. Our Company was attached initially to the 1st MEFs 3/7 Marines in Karbala. We conducted law enforcement, interdiction, raids and combat patrols in and around the Karbala province as well as running and reestablishing the Iraqi PD and local jail system. We were the anchor unit for the transition to Polish and Bulgarian units when the Marines went home in Aug 03. Once that was done, we were RIP by the 194th MP Co, 101 Div (ABN), reassigned back to the 800th MP Bde and were given several missions at Abu Ghuraib Prison. Yes the same one. Our unit ran the inprocessing/Holding Area, 4 ea 600 prisoner compounds and the Entry Control Point for the prison. Fortunately, the 800th was replaced by the 16th MP Bde (ABN) out of Fort Bragg in January. We got back the first week of April and I am on R&R.

I want to thank you guys for setting the record straight about that clown of a Senator, John Kerry. Thinking about him being CINC frightens me. My son is in the service and I would go nuts having that poseur in charge of his life.

Good luck in your efforts.

Sincerely

SSG (P) Ted Hales
Det 1, 870th MP Co
Eureka, CA
Iraq 2003-2004
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Welcome? Reply with quote

Grampa:
You are absolutely welcome! Question: How many of the other guys you served with are aware of why so many vets dislike Kerry? As an older 'Nam vet, I'm curious about how newer vets see Kerry, politics aside. Are they aware how he insulted the Iwo Jima memorial (see Calling All Marines topic)? Anyway, the most important thing is that you're back safe! Thanks for your service and Semper Fi!
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Bush will be more supported by Iraqi Freedom vets than Kerry. Kerry is too transparently arrogant and his snobbery goes against the grain of most servicemen, whether they support Bush or not. He's the typical lieutentant; stupidly arrogant and aggressive. He evidently didn't hang around long enough for a salty Chief or two to mold him properly.
redhawk34
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Home!, Granpa.
Well Done
Redhawk
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome home Redhawk. Man the first beer tasted soooo good.
redhawk34
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine! We had beer (I stole three tons of it once), so that was no big thing, but I will never forget peein' on porcelain for the first time after usin' a five gallon paint bucket for 15 months. Then again, the Grunts didn't even have the bucket, so I was a rich man.
I was a REMF (rear echelon melon farmer), as I was thirty feet behind the Infantry.
Redhawk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: