SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry disinformation campaign continues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katiesda
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Kerry disinformation campaign continues Reply with quote

This was posted on another forum I frequent and I am looking for information I can use to respond.

Attacks on John Kerry Discredited

The cold and undisputed truth is that Vice Admiral Elmo Zumwalt, Commander Naval Forces Vietnam, personally selected the Silver Star award for Kerry and personally pinned the Silver Star on Kerry's chest at a ceremony at our Coastal Division 11 base in An Thoi, South Vietnam just days after the action. A decoration, like every other award for heroism, that was recommended by his Division Officer and endorsed by then Captain Roy L. Hoffmann. According to Zumwalt, he actually wanted to give Kerry an even higher award, the Navy Cross, but decided upon a Silver Star because he wished to make the award as expeditiously as possible. These points were publicly reiterated by Admiral Zumwalt in 1996, in defense of Kerry's military record.

Undaunted by the word of one of the most revered naval commanders of any era, the Swift Boat Veterans for truth, and others without principle, continue to attack Kerry's medal with talk of “a Silver Star with a V for valor listed [in Kerry's records] that the Navy stated it had never awarded” and supposedly suspicious multiple copies of medal citations reissued to Kerry in the Reagan era and bearing the signature of then-Navy Secretary John Lehman who some quote as having said he “denied ever signing them.” What Lehman actually said, was that he did not remember signing them. Big difference, if one is interested in accuracy and the truth.

While getting my wife's car serviced, I just read this in a July issue of US News and World Report, but I can't seem to find that issue on line so I'll post this from which the report may well have emanated.

Skimming the Skimmer.

[quote]Oh, by the way, regarding Kerry's Silver Star, Virginia Senator John Warner recently publicly acknowledged the legitimacy of that medal. Warner was the Secretary of the Navy at the time Kerry was awarded the Silver Star). As Warner stated: "I went to the Pentagon in February 1969 and was there for five years in the Navy secretariat," Warner recalls. "I remember when his Silver Star came through," he adds. "I went back and checked for accuracy, and it was accurate." I will not be surprised if those dedicated themselves to the destruction of John Kerry, allege that Senator Warner, a respected American patriot, is part of the vast conspiracy to cover-up for John Kerry.[/url]

Thanks for any info.

Bob
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you've come to the right place. We've had some extremely interesting discussions about nearly every conceivable facet of John Kerry's infamous career right here on this forum.

Your best bet is to start with the Research forum - one particular thread summarizes the infomation from many previous threads regarding Kerry's Navy time: http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19110

Other threads cover the particulars of the various awards.

The two articles that you've cited are full of inaccuracies - beginning with the title of the first one - exactly what claims made by the Swifts do they think have been "discredited?" Would be rather easy (and much more credible) to simply list those "discredited" charges right there in the body of the article, no?

Instead, they tear down straw men. Rolling Eyes Not one claim in Unfit For Command has been discredited to this day.

It will be easy for you to shoot down these half-baked essays with a minimum of effort.

Welcome to the boards,
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry disinformation campaign continues Reply with quote

katiesda wrote:
Quote:
Warner recalls. "I remember when his Silver Star came through," he adds. "I went back and checked for accuracy, and it was accurate." I will not be surprised if those dedicated themselves to the destruction of John Kerry, allege that Senator Warner, a respected American patriot, is part of the vast conspiracy to cover-up for John Kerry.

I'll allege that John Warner is part of a vast conspiracy of at least one to protect the credibility and reputation of John Warner. One might wonder if the author of the above has ever been introduced to the modus operandi of career politicos.

Frankly there's nothing new under the sun in that article...it's the same old warmed-over strawmen (thanks NNN) Kerry and his minions have been peddling since day 1 and I, for one, don't intend to dignify it with rebuttal in this forum, nor should anyone. Nor has it even raised a glimmer of attention anywhere but on the site where it was published. I suppose you might say that Kerry is now experiencing the truth of the old bromide that "the only thing worse than them talking about you is them not talking about you."

Pay it no mind. Noone else is. It's Kerry who needs the rehab, not SVPT, hence the latest assault on the truth of SVPT's revelations. If Kerry wants to rejuvenate the issue, he should start with the unconditional release TO THE PUBLIC of his military, medical and personal records.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

katiesda,

I understand your frustration, for I would love to post something in response to the goading going on over there. However, I agree with me#1you#10, and I note that no one has posted a reply on that site since June 27th so maybe people are fed up with the Kerry supporters and their taunting with vicious little enuendos--especially the mysterious entity calling itself "matchpoint." Do a Google search on "Matchpoint Kerry" and you can see how this entity is spreading the same garbage on other blogs!

I see that now they have taken up a campaign to discredit Tom Lipscomb. This is probably part of a plan to set up a scenario where they can "prove" that the Swiftboat Vets were discredited by discrediting Tom.

I personally think he is an extraordinary journalist and is very brave to go up against the Kerry machine.

Well, sorry folks! I've vented enough for one night!

Last edited by Navy wife on Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry disinformation campaign continues Reply with quote

katiesda wrote:
This was posted on another forum I frequent and I am looking for information I can use to respond.

Katiesda,

The problems with Kerry and the MSM are widepsread. One article I have found excellent to give people an understanding of the roots of this problem is this:

Political Correctness - the Revenge of Marxism
http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2006/06/political-correctness-revenge-of.html

Kerry and the "mainstream media" are but a symptom of a much wider disease, that of the damage done (and largely unremedied to date) by failed leftist ideology.

-- FDL
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
The problems with Kerry and the MSM are widepsread.

Thank God for "Powerline" and every pajama-clad citizen now walking point in this WAR against the progeny of the 60's and all they represent...

Quote:
7/2/2006
....................................................................................
Eric Lichtblau, Meet Your Own Story and Headline

Eric Lichtblau’s story in the New York Times, June 22:

Bank Data Secretly Reviewed by U.S. to Fight Terror
    By ERIC LICHTBLAU and JAMES RISEN
Eric Lichtblau today, on CNN’s Reliable Sources:
    “USA Today”, the biggest circulation in the country, the lead story on their front page four days before our story ran was the terrorists know their money is being traced, and they are moving it into—outside of the banking system into unconventional means. It is by no means a secret.
Patterico's Pontifications
HT: Powerline
Gary Hellrung
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Kerry disinformation campaign continues Reply with quote

I am not a member of swift vets.

I went to message board and saw above thread.

As I could not log in, I am e-mailing to note, and give a heads up, regarding an item in NewsMax.

August 2006, page 48, by Susan Estrich

"Kerry is 'Un-Gore ' and 'Un-Hillary'"

Fourth paragraph starts " He is finally addressing the Swift Boat lies....."

and the piece goes on (and on) including "...he and his team have been fighting back, lie by lie."

I believe someone, more knowledgeable than myself, should write and inform the editors Senator Kerry has not disproved any of the Swift Boat Veteran's claims nor ever signed a release of his Navy records.

addendum: I tried unsucessufully all three e-mail addresses listed on the home page, then registered for Swift Vets to send this heads up. As I noted I am not a Swift Vet but did serve in the Army in Viet Nam 70-71.
I share your organization's disdain of Senator Kerry.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry disinformation campaign continues Reply with quote

Gary Hellrung wrote:
August 2006, page 48, by Susan Estrich

"Kerry is 'Un-Gore ' and 'Un-Hillary'"

Fourth paragraph starts " He is finally addressing the Swift Boat lies....."

and the piece goes on (and on) including "...he and his team have been fighting back, lie by lie."

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Ms. Estrich is clueless as to the issues and her kerryspin babbling is irrelevant (remember her "cross-examination" of John O'Neill on Hannity & Colmes during the early days of the campaign? She was pathetically unprepared...I wish I had a link for that video). Estrich can wake me when Kerry signs an unrestricted SF180.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gary Hellrung
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Kerry disinformation campaign continues Reply with quote

Bat Mann:
I am not an expert on this , however, the article you link to disputes but does not refute the claims.

In my opinion, there is a circular recurring argument presented. In summary, it appears to me that the swift boat vets claim Kerry's awards and citations were not warrented, possibly trumphed up, possibly by Kerry himself. Kerry refuses to sign a release of all his records. The Kerry camp then state the offical records refute the swift boat vets. Or as you stated, Therlow (sp?)lied. However, since Kerry will not sign a release, the only offical records aparently available are the texts of the disputed awards and citations. The article does not seem to be able to assign authorship for the texts of the awards etc. I can not see how the text of the very awards being disputed can be used to "prove" that the testimony of the swift boat vets false. And as Therlow (sp?) would not have written, and may have not have even read his own citatation text submitted at that time, he would not be likly to be aware of, much less correct any inaccuracies, which would have seemed minor at that time.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry disinformation campaign continues Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Estrich can wake me when Kerry signs an unrestricted SF180

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/6/2/150749.shtml

............... ! Y A W N ! .... ZZZZzzzzz.............

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry: the 'Un-Gore,' 'Un-Hillary,' 'Un-Salvagable,' 'Un-Electable'
Susan Estrich
Friday, June 2, 2006

All fixed Susan...
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1,
I like your fix...
In the Estrich article, her attempt to make sKerry appear to be moving to the center by relating him to our great statesman Nixon:
Quote:
What Dick Nixon did between 1960 and 1968 is what John Kerry has been doing and will do in these four years.
is almost laughable.

Deuce
Stevie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is someone claiming Warner is NOT part of the cover up for Kerry?

I'm not...

why would I doubt that he is part of it? He was in there in a meeting (w/ Frist) a few yrs ago - when many of us were calling there....

he knows the truth but isn't telling it.

I don't trust people like that. I don't even like them.

I think he was more concerned that Kerry might win the election and he might get offered a cabinet seat ...
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry disinformation campaign continues Reply with quote

Gary Hellrung wrote:
Bat Mann:
I am not an expert on this , however, the article you link to disputes but does not refute the claims.

In my opinion, there is a circular recurring argument presented. In summary, it appears to me that the swift boat vets claim Kerry's awards and citations were not warrented, possibly trumphed up, possibly by Kerry himself. Kerry refuses to sign a release of all his records. The Kerry camp then state the offical records refute the swift boat vets. Or as you stated, Therlow (sp?)lied. However, since Kerry will not sign a release, the only offical records aparently available are the texts of the disputed awards and citations. The article does not seem to be able to assign authorship for the texts of the awards etc. I can not see how the text of the very awards being disputed can be used to "prove" that the testimony of the swift boat vets false. And as Therlow (sp?) would not have written, and may have not have even read his own citatation text submitted at that time, he would not be likly to be aware of, much less correct any inaccuracies, which would have seemed minor at that time.

In addition to records, there have also been many arguments made about what Kerry himself has said at various times.

Kerry has been shown to be a liar - Christmas in Cambodia, U.S. military as Genghis Khans, etc.

Beware such liars. (Why anyone would believe a word out of Kerry's mouth after his 1970's performance in front of Congress is simply beyond me, anyway.)

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: