SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry looks like he'll put his hand in the fan again in 08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Kerry looks like he'll put his hand in the fan again in 08 Reply with quote

This Story was linked at Drudge.

Quote:
Kerry didn't contest the results at the time, but now that he's considering another run for the White House, he's alleging election improprieties by the Ohio Republican who oversaw the deciding vote in 2004.

snip...

Kerry, D-Mass., conceded the election when he lost Ohio and its 20 electoral votes. A recount requested by minor-party candidates showed Bush won by about 118,000 votes out of 5.5 million cast. But Kerry's e-mail says Blackwell "used his office to abuse our democracy and threaten basic voting rights."

Well save up your spare change, looks like we'll need to run a few "reality based" ads in '08
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the 2008 primary season will be interesting times, on both sides of the political fence.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I would vote for "None Of The Above" if we could make it stick.
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it helps to be a gigolo.

JK is putting a campaign force into Iowa and N.H.,

at this time he does not have to work at it,
or even think about it all that much
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad Ollie North isn't running.
I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.
Right now there are no viable candidates on either side.
jmckay8497
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Newt Gingich Reply with quote

Newt is running and of all the candidates I have listened too. He makes the most sense.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greasepaint wrote:
it helps to be a gigolo.
JK is putting a campaign force into Iowa and N.H.,
at this time he does not have to work at it,
or even think about it all that much
Grease,
Didn't you mean 'campaign farce'? just curious!
A Mr. Lewis at Americanthinker boils it all down in
his hit piece on the generic liberal (not specificly our
treasonous liberal who Lincoln would have hung).

Quote:
In the liberal imagination it is actually good to sink the ship of state.

That never made any sense. Suppose—- just for the sake of argument—- that the whole fantasy is true, and that nation states will crumble in the best Marxist fashion and be superceded by an ideal government for all the world, a government that is good, decent, equitable, generous, honest, fair, prosperous, and gives welfare benefits for all, for ever and ever, amen. Don’t laugh. Let’s just assume it.

How do we get from here to there? By allowing Islamofascists to win in Iraq or Lebanon? By teaching multiculturalism, to discredit our own time-tested values and sabotage our survival? By hoping that Hillary brings healthcare for all, with no limits and no tough choices? As soon as you start to ask questions, the whole Tinkerbelle wish-upon-a-star fantasy becomes obvious. Even to liberals.

more at
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=5814

Oh, and JMcKay, I'm with you...go Newt!

Deuce
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of what Newt says, but he has less of a chance than John McCain. Newt’s past history with divorcing his wife while she was dieing from cancer will keep him from winning.
FMBass
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know so far about the candidates, so far, Newt has my vote.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you LimaCharlie...

Yep, Newt has about as much chance winning the Repub primaries in '08 as Katherine Harris has of winning the Repub primaries this month....ohhh...wait, Katherine Harris did win the Repub Primary with overwhelming numbers, ie a Majority (55% rings a bell)! She'll be so much the better senator for Florida than our Failure Insurance Commissioner, Failure Senator Nelson ever could hope to be. Nelson is our own good ole boy kerry! while he can't keep up a flip-flop pace with Kerry, he sure can out-fail him! And 'do-nothing', he's got sKerry beat on that skill as well, yep, sure does! Wink

Katherine Harris riding to victory
Deuce
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Kerry in Kneene NH Reply with quote

Update from another Drudge Link

Some excerpts
Quote:

Kerry says the only reason he didn’t compete in more states in 2004 was that he ran out of money. He says this was also the reason he did not adequately respond to a series of devastating TV ads by Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth, a group that questioned Kerry’s service in Vietnam and criticized his later opposition to the war.

“They had money behind the lies, and we did not have sufficient money behind the truth,” Kerry laments.

Asked if he dreads the prospect of being “Swift-Boated” all over again, Kerry counters that he would relish such a fight.

“I’m prepared to kick their ass from one end of America to the other,” he declares. “I am so confident of my abilities to address that and to demolish it and to even turn it into a positive.”

Kerry’s tough talk triggers laughter from John O’Neill, a fellow Vietnam veteran who helped found Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth and wrote a blistering 2004 book on Kerry, “Unfit for Command.”

“Well, he’s got eight times as much time to prepare for us as he spent in Vietnam,” says O’Neill, referring to Kerry’s short tour of duty.

gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce wrote:
I hear you LimaCharlie...

Yep, Newt has about as much chance winning the Repub primaries in '08 as Katherine Harris has of winning the Repub primaries this month....ohhh...wait, Katherine Harris did win the Repub Primary with overwhelming numbers, ie a Majority (55% rings a bell)! She'll be so much the better senator for Florida than our Failure Insurance Commissioner, Failure Senator Nelson ever could hope to be. Nelson is our own good ole boy kerry! while he can't keep up a flip-flop pace with Kerry, he sure can out-fail him! And 'do-nothing', he's got sKerry beat on that skill as well, yep, sure does! Wink

Katherine Harris riding to victory
Deuce

Whow,now there's a politicians one at leasts gets a great view.
Got any more photos?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: