SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

George Will - The Triumph of Unrealism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: George Will - The Triumph of Unrealism Reply with quote

Reading this earlier today, I almost couldn't believe my eyes;

Quote:
Cooperation between Pakistani and British law enforcement (the British draw upon useful experience combating IRA terrorism) has validated John Kerry's belief(as paraphrased by the New York Times Magazine of Oct. 10, 2004) that "many of the interdiction tactics that cripple drug lords, including governments working jointly to share intelligence, patrol borders and force banks to identify suspicious customers, can also be some of the most useful tools in the war on terror." In a candidates' debate in South Carolina (Jan. 29, 2004), Kerry said that although the war on terror will be "occasionally military," it is "primarily an intelligence and law enforcement operation that requires cooperation around the world."

The Triumph of Unrealism

Kerry may have had a point, but he is wrong to think the War on Terror is only a "Law Enforcement" matter. Treating it as such through the 1990s, in spite of increased terrorist activities against American interests abroad brought us the September 11 attacks and the deaths of nearly 3,000 innocent civilians.

While Law Enforcement, Intelligence and even Diplomacy have necessary parts in this War on Terror, ultimately, it will once again be the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines that end up having to dig these cowardly terrorists out of hiding and destroy them, as they negotiate in bad faith and violate accords they agree with to gain time.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Will, for whatever reason, has lost his spine... perhaps some self-perceived loss of stature and influence in the lofty atmosphere of "cerebral" Washington punditry where stature and influence is EVERYTHING...and he has been on this downward track for quite some time now. This Kerry comment is episodic.

Nevertheless, it is silly and almost transparently vindictive on his part to elevate Kerry to an "authorship" level of the "law enforcement" argument which Will, apparently, now wants to use as a club against the Bush Administration. John Kerry never "authored" anything other than the fraudulent persona and political posturing that George Will and his MSM cronies were blind to for 30 years.

When Will wishes to muse about baseball, he'll find my ear. As to anything else he pontificates about, I'll see it through the prism of a conservative pundit who has lost his will...if you'll pardon the pun.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, today's NY Sun editorializes on what appears to be George Will's embrace of the Democratic theme d u jour...

Quote:
Friends Like These

New York Sun Editorial
August 16, 2006

<snip>

Mr. Kerry, the senator from the Great State of Windsurfing, told a Michigan audience at about the same time in respect of the Israel-Lebanon battle that "If I was president, this wouldn't have happened."
(ed. How's THAT for some reality-based Kerry-thought Mr. Will?) He went on to tell his Democratic listeners that "We're going to have a lot of ground to make up [in 2008] because of it." Perhaps presaging Mr. Assad's "illusion" theme, Mr. Kerry wrapped up with these stinging words about President Bush's Middle East policy: "He has made it so much worse because of his lack of reality in going into Iraq."

We don't want to question the Democrats' patriotism; its tribunes are, for the most part, idealistic and well-meaning Americans. But they have managed to get themselves into a fix in which people like the Syrian dictator are openly rooting for their accession. As for Mr. al-Assad, let him study his Abraham Lincoln, particularly the part about how one can't fool all of the people all of the time. We have no doubt that one of the reasons Americans returned Mr. Bush to office the last time around was their sense that our enemies don't like dealing with him.

NY Sun - cont'd
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: George Will - The Triumph of Unrealism Reply with quote

[quote="LewWaters"]Reading this earlier today, I almost couldn't believe my eyes;

Quote:
Treating it as such through the 1990s, in spite of increased terrorist activities against American interests abroad brought us the September 11 attacks and the deaths of nearly 3,000 innocent civilians.

Absolutely!

I believe it led directly to 911.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching the deterioration of George Will's will for some time now. I thought it was a temporary lapse in his normally solid conservative values but it now seems he is slipping down the slope at an ever increasing rate. His invocation of Kerry's words and giving them some undeserved value is something I thought I would never see.

Still fresh in my memory is the ghost of another UN-inspired 'law enforcement' action which has left us with a mad little tyrant in Pyongyang who has justifiably qualified as one of the stations along the Axis of Evil.

As Peter, Paul and Mary once sang, from an opposite viewpoint, "When will they ever learn?"

Schadow
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
I've been watching the deterioration of George Will's will for some time now. I thought it was a temporary lapse in his normally solid conservative values but it now seems he is slipping down the slope at an ever increasing rate. His invocation of Kerry's words and giving them some undeserved value is something I thought I would never see.

Still fresh in my memory is the ghost of another UN-inspired 'law enforcement' action which has left us with a mad little tyrant in Pyongyang who has justifiably qualified as one of the stations along the Axis of Evil.

As Peter, Paul and Mary once sang, from an opposite viewpoint, "When will they ever learn?"

Schadow

Most excellent analysis. Obviously nothing has been learned except perhaps to be 'MORE' politically and socially correct. Very sad indeed.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: