SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/11 Conspiracy Theories -- The Latest Popular Political Lie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories -- The Latest Popular Political Lie Reply with quote

9/11 Conspiracy Theories -- The Latest Popular Political Lie
Written by Doc Farmer
Thursday, August 17, 2006

Y'know, I'm always amazed at the intelligence and adaptability of people. How they can assess a situation, analyze the various components, determine the cause/effect process, and come up with innovative answers and solutions to various circumstances. That's given us cars, airplanes, sliced bread, plutonium, that "new and improved" Segway two-wheeled scooter thingy, and, of course, Pop Tarts. Yet, at the same time, I have to marvel at how some people can take all those situations, components, processes, etc., and come up with the most moronic theories, assumptions, and SWAG (Scientific Wild-Assed Guess).

Now, sadly, this stupidity seems to have gained full flower. And all from a "study" or poll done a few weeks back, which claims that a full one third of all Americans (that's 100 million people) believe that the United States Government was complicit or actively involved in the 9/11 attacks. Granted, they only asked 1010 Americans their opinion, and I've complained about the inaccuracy of 'scientific' polls in the past, but this is just a bit much.

I believe in conspiracies, just in case you're wondering. I know there was more to JFK's death than some whacked out ex-jarhead married to a Rooskie. Whenever Dad has to go down to Wright-Patterson AFB to pick up his prescriptions, I always make sure to ask him to "wave at the aliens" who were transported there from Roswell. I know that American Idol is fixed. Therefore, nobody can say that I totally dismiss all conspiracy theories.

However, this one is just so stupid it beggars belief.

Studies have been done to show what happened on 9/11. Hell, an entire (and ill-conceived) Congressional Committee examined the attacks in detail. While biased beyond belief (see also: Gorelick, Jamie, who should have been on the witness stand instead of the committee) it did at least find that America was attacked by outside forces. No credible evidence of any kind of government involvement, complicity or cover-up was ever found. Even so, that has not caused any slow-down in rabid political (and junk-science) discussions. There are even websites dedicated to not only discussing the conspiracy, but also sending out attack teams to hit other discussion forums with their mindless drivel. The ChronWatch Forum was a recent victim to such an influx of the dendritically-challenged over the weekend. They asked stupid questions, they gave stupid answers, they provided no true evidence, and they spent most of their time being jerks.

In other words, your standard lib/dem/soc/commie profile.

The so-called "left" has been working since day one (in this case, 20 January 2001) to find a way to get rid of their arch-nemesis, the evil Dubya. When 9/11 happened, lib/dem/soc/commies (very) briefly pretended to be patriotic. Well, they tried, anyway. Lasted about two weeks, and then their attacks began. Ever since then, they've talked out of both sides of their mouths (as well as a few other orifices) about how everything that happens is Dubya's fault. Global Warming, no, Global Cooling, no, Global Climate Change, yeah, that's the ticket. High unemployment is Dubya's fault, even though we're at historically LOW levels. The economy is tanking, even though it's in the best shape it has been in years. Every single charge the lib/dem/soc/commies make is found to be bogus. Even their "evidence" is manufactured (see also: Rather, Dan).

So, where is the truth? Someone once said that the truth is usually found in the middle of two sides. In the case of 9/11, though, the truth is quite simple. America was attacked, brutally, by Islamofascist terrorists. Planes were hijacked and flown into three buildings (and, very nearly, a fourth one). America witnessed this -- in some cases, live on TV. The first plane crash was recorded on film. The second one was seen as it happened. The Pentagon crash was witnessed by a number of drivers who saw the plane hit the building. There's ample evidence to back up EVERY government claim about the attacks that day.

Despite this, lib/dem/soc/commie whackos (see also: base, their) insist that Dubya did it. Yes, this man whom they constantly describe as the dumbest thing on two legs (yes, even though he's not blond!) somehow coordinated a massive attack on America and the cover-up that followed. He planted physical evidence. He ordered the controlled demolition of buildings (which can take weeks of very noticeable preparation). He ordered missiles to hit the Pentagon, and then magically transformed them into airplane parts. Hell, he even has figured out a way to hide almost 3,000 people for nearly five years.

Note to lib/dem/soc/commies: He is either a total moron or an evil genius. He can't be both. Make up your freakin' minds already!

The towers fell that terrible day because they were hit by two quarter-million pound objects moving at a few hundred miles an hour, loaded with highly flammable fuel. The fire from the impact weakened the steel infrastructure (it didn't melt it, and nobody I know ever claimed it did) enough to cause a single floor to collapse. Since it had anywhere from 20 to 40 floors above it, a pancake effect was inevitable. Which is what the world saw that day.

And yet, the lib/dem/soc/commies seem to think that they're a bunch of Jedi trainees -- "your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them" -- so they move around blindly, waving around their version of a lightsabre (see also: penknife), without a midi-chlorian in the whole damn bunch. I keep wanting to go to Amazon.com, just so that I can go to the board games section and send them a Clue.

This seems to be their mindset, though. No matter WHAT happens, blame somebody else. America is attacked? Don't blame Islamofascists; blame Dubya's conspiratorial genius. Hurricanes hit New Orleans? Don't blame the weather; blame Dubya and his magical hurricane generator. Soufflé didn't rise? Lordy, that Dubya's just causing problems all over the place, ain't he?

The truth is, we saw the terrible truth that day almost 1,800 days ago. The MANY scientific, forensic and political studies done since then have shown who was responsible -- Islamofascists bent on our destruction. It was not Dubya, not the government, and not some shadowy group of "businessmen" served by a Cigarette-Smoking Man.

So, for all of you political axe-grinders out there, drop this whole 9/11 conspiracy crap, will you? It detracts from the war effort, it emboldens our enemies, and it prevents you from sneaking into Area 51 to look for reverse-engineered alien technology or trying to find Elvis. You know, the important stuff.

About the Writer: Doc Farmer is a writer and humorist who is also a moderator on ChronWatch's Forum. He formerly lived in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, but now resides in the Midwest. Doc receives e-mail at docfarmer9999@yahoo.co.uk.

Source

ADV: "I HAVEN'T HAD A GLASS OF WATER IN 20 YEARS." Drinking tons of water is great...if you want to raise your stroke risk, bring on kidney failure, and encourage early Alzheimer's. This is just one example of how MASS MEDIA MEDICINE is ruining our health. YOU CAN LIVE LONG and LOVE every minute of IT! http://www.isecureonline.com/Reports/RHB/W6RHG603/

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on again Doc.
Keep up the good work.
Jack
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha. Loved it Doc.

I sure hope polls shoeing the figure of 1/3 the country believing this crap is wrong.
It is really scary to think that fully 1/3 of the people in this country are stark raving mad.

Dusty
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Hahaha. Loved it Doc.

I sure hope polls shoeing the figure of 1/3 the country believing this crap is wrong.
It is really scary to think that fully 1/3 of the people in this country are stark raving mad.

Dusty

Well, judging from some of the e-Mails I've received from some of these whack-jobs, stark raving mad would be an improvement. Luckily, though, 1/3rd of America hasn't written to complain.

Yet.

shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Doc, it's one thing when lunatic kooks go around spouting this bunk, but it's pretty amazing when the University of Wisconsin allows it to be taught to gullible young minds!!
Quote:
Teacher's radical 9/11 views raise red flags
By Amanda Paulson, Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor
Fri Aug 18, 4:00 AM ET

According to Kevin Barrett, the US government planned and carried out the 9/11 attacks, the World Trade Center imploded due to explosives set up ahead of time in the buildings, Minnesota Sen. Paul Wellstone's plane crash was no accident, and Osama bin Laden has probably been dead since 2001.

Mr. Barrett is not a radical anarchist or a teenager peddling conspiracy theories; he's a lecturer at the University of Wisconsin, Madison – a fact that has outraged some state politicians.

The case has drawn national attention and provided grist for conservative talk-show hosts, while the university has been deluged with e-mails against Barrett. Yet it has stuck by the decision to have him teach a planned course on Islam this fall.......cont'd....
Yahoo News

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc,
I well written piece. By keeping it humorous, I read through the entire
essay without having my head explode.

I know people who believe we didn't land on the Moon.
I'm convinced it some form of mental illness as these people have
degrees in computer science. I ask them how did we fake the radio
transmissions which came back from the Moon and could have been
easily picked up by many other countries thus identifying their source
location. I get more wild theories about a global conspiracy.

Its a form of mental illness.

As to the polls well thats another area that often gets me going.
Have you or anyone you know of been polled?

I've read they call the same people for each poll.
I can't reach 90% of the people I call because they are either working or doing something.
Who is sitting by their phone waiting to be part of a poll?

Thanks for putting something together that was fun to read.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NortonPete wrote:
I know people who believe we didn't land on the Moon. I'm convinced it some form of mental illness as these people have degrees in computer science.

I'm no psychologist, but I do believe that many tin foil hatters are a donut short of a dozen in their emotional wiring, a reflection of some type of deep-seated ego problem which finds relief in the intellectual exercise of trying to make the patently absurd believable.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories -- The Latest Popular Political Reply with quote

Doc Farmer wrote:
...I have to marvel at how some people can take all those situations, components, processes, etc., and come up with the most moronic theories, assumptions, and SWAG (Scientific Wild-Assed Guess).

See http://www.megat.co.uk/wrong/ (Scott Adams on Common Brain Malfunctions of Hysterical People)

Example of the phenomenon you describe:

Reaching Bizarre Conclusions Without Any Information
Example: the car won't start. I'm certain the spark plugs have been stolen by rogue clowns.

(For a more serious and comprehensive treatise on logical fallacy, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy )

Important: I should also mention that there are those who believe this bulls**t due to mental or psychological defects; however there are plenty on the left who spout this stuff deliberately, knowing it's b.s., in their ever-continuing effort to bring down Western civilization and bring in their Marxist utopia.

-- FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, where is the truth? Someone once said that the truth is usually found in the middle of two sides.

Not when one side is loonie tune.

The truth is not found between the opinions that "the earth is round" and "the earth is flat."

The above quotation can be critiqued thusly (from same Scott Adams page):

Substituting Famous Quotes for Common Sense
Example: Remember, "All good things come to those who wait." So don't bother looking for a job.

-- FDL
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:

I'm no psychologist, but I do believe that many tin foil hatters are a donut short of a dozen in their emotional wiring, a reflection of some type of deep-seated ego problem which finds relief in the intellectual exercise of trying to make the patently absurd believable.

Thats another good point made in Doc's piece above. How come some people believe on one hand that our government officials are so dumb yet able to
pull off such devious plots?

Paranoia mixed with ego problems for sure.

I have an Instrument Private Pilot rating and get asked by others "how come they didn't shoot down the planes" ?
Well the planes were only off course and out of communication for a few minutes.
The Northeast air space is so busy that controllers DON'T want you to reback instructions.
Coming down the Hudson river is an easy shot and the WTC was a huge target.
The visibility that day must have been 30+ miles.
The planes were going 400+ mph, twice the allowed speed at low altitude, it took barely 15 minutes to go from Albany to NYC.
But more importantly there is no gov agency tasked with shooting down off course civilian airliners.
An intercept would first be accomplished followed by rocking wings etc. Alot that would have done.

As to the molten metal, the planes hit at nearly 500mph. The combustion of fuel and building material would easily melt many metals.
As a Vol fireman I remember seeing melted metal in many house fires.

Maybe there should be a psychological study done on people willing to answer pollsters questions. Hmmmm

Last edited by NortonPete on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Quote:
So, where is the truth? Someone once said that the truth is usually found in the middle of two sides.

The truth is not found between the opinions that "the earth is round" and "the earth is flat."

That was a perfect example FDL. Excellent observation.

Dusty
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
fortdixlover wrote:
Quote:

That was a perfect example FDL. Excellent observation.

Dusty

But, the earth IS flat. Jeez, haven't you guys been to Kansas lately? Twisted Evil

Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But, the earth IS flat. Jeez, haven't you guys been to Kansas lately?

But follow I-70 a hundred or so miles into the next state west and
things get real spikey. Not round though. Very Happy
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Conspiracy Reply with quote

Would it not be more appropriate to say at least 333 people polled believe there was a government conspiracy. Where was the poll conducted, who conducted the poll? I believe it was Mark Twain who said there were lies, damned lies and statisistics." I just find it hard to believe that 33% of ALL American's believe there was a conspiracy. Unless of course the poll was conducted by Dan Rather. Just goes to show you how gullible the MSM thinks we are, based on a poll. 100% of the people polled in the Thompson family believe the attacks that occured on 9-11-2001 were conducted by Islamofacists. Which poll is more accurate

George F. Thompson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: