SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carter does London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Carter does London Reply with quote

The execrable Jimmy Carter saw fit to lecture the Brits about the mistakes of their PM, Blair, in supporting President Bush. This account in the Guardian:

Quote:
Jimmy Carter: Blair Subservient to Bush

Monday August 28, 2006 4:16 AM

LONDON (AP) - Former President Jimmy Carter accused Tony Blair on Sunday of being "subservient'' to the White House, saying the British prime minister failed to constrain America on Iraq.

"I have been surprised and extremely disappointed by Tony Blair's behavior,'' Carter said in an interview with The Sunday Telegraph newspaper.

"I think that more than any other person in the world, the prime minister could have had a moderating influence on Washington - and he has not,'' added Carter, who opposed the war in Iraq. "I really thought that Tony Blair ... would be a constraint on President Bush's policy toward Iraq.''

Blair has been Bush's closest international ally on Iraq, and Britain has the second most troops there after America.

Carter said in many countries he has visited, people equate U.S. and British policy.

"It's a shameful and pitiful state of affairs, and I hold your British prime minister to be substantially responsible for being so compliant and subservient,'' Carter said.

Blair committed Britain to the war even though public opinion was strongly against it. He was re-elected last year - but with a sharply reduced Parliamentary majority, and the war has damaged his credibility among Britons.

Some speculated when the war began that Blair had decided to back Bush publicly in order to maintain his behind-the-scenes influence on Washington. But he has always denied suggestions that he committed to the invasion of Iraq for any reason other than that he believed it was the right thing to do.

Source: The Guardian

Just when I think Carter can sink no lower into depravity, he always manages something worse. He may be nuts but he's still a traitor.

Schadow
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carter just can't shut up!

Jimmy Carter, Still A Failure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: