SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Swift Boat Entity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: The Swift Boat Entity Reply with quote

I guess I've posted this in reverse order, but it sure is a HOOT!!

From James Taranto today:
Quote:
The Swift Boat Entity
Yesterday's item on the reaction of John Kerry* to Herman Cain's column calling anti-Wal-Mart Democrats "Hezbocrats" prompted at least one reader to email us asking for a link to Cain's column: Here it is. Meanwhile, reader Michael Britton makes has an amusing analysis of Cain's neologism:

There doesn't seem to be much reason for Kerry to be getting his knickers in a twist over the term "Hezbocrat." After all, Hezbollah means "party of God," which, if the ollah part means God, implies that the hezb part means "party." The suffix -crat simply means "member of a ruling body," or "a participant in or supporter of a specified form of government." So, "Hezbocrat" would literally break down etymologically into "Party of the Ruling Body"--a moniker that Dems like Kerry could only wish for.

We must admit, we find "Hezbocrat" a rather clumsy term, but as we think about it, there is an odd parallel. Yesterday we were puzzled as to why Kerry was accusing Cain of "Swiftboating" the Wal-Mart foes--swiftboating usually understood to mean raising questions about a politician's military record.

Then we realized, the effort of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth was John Kerry's nakba (catastrophe). Now they have become an all-purpose scapegoat, to be blamed for any grievance. That is the same role the "Zionist entity" plays in Arab politics.

* C'mon, you can't expect us to have information on every obscure congressman out there!

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110008848

Referring to this from Taranto yesterday:
Quote:
This story from the New York Sun has us scratching our head

Democrats are calling on Wal-Mart to repudiate a statement by a talk show host and Wal-Mart proponent likening the party's leading lawmakers to members of a terrorist group, Hezbollah.

In a column published Tuesday, the commentator, Herman Cain, repeatedly used the term "Hezbocrats." Mr. Cain defined them as "a roaming band of militant guerrillas seeking their party's 2008 nomination for president" and said they were lobbing "rhetorical bombs at Wal-Mart."

Senator Kerry of Massachusetts denounced Mr. Cain, who serves on the Georgia steering committee of a Wal-Mart-funded advocacy group, Working Families for Wal-Mart.

"I won't stand for the 'Swiftboating' of working people and Democrats who ask tough questions of big corporations," Mr. Kerry said.

UrbanDictionary.com defines swiftboating as "the process of smearing a military veteran's service record for political purposes." So it would have been "swiftboating" if Cain had said of the Wal-Mart detractors, say, that "they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the country side of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."

But he said nothing of the sort. Indeed, he didn't say a word about their military records. So what in the world is Kerry talking about?

Referring to this N.Y. Sun article:

http://www.nysun.com/article/38518

Huh??? Really does leave you wondering what is Kerry talking about??
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)

Last edited by shawa on Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You beat me to this post! I was going to call it "John Kerry's Nakba!"

-- FDL
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Urbandictionary.com and look at all the definitions of the word Swift, it is truely amazing.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went there... I noticed you can edit and vote thumbs up or down.. I encourage everyone possible go there and vote. I also noticed that there are more than 1 "swifty" term there and that they ALL should be voted for.
Cool

Quote:
# swift boat
# Swift Boat Hush
# swift boat veterans for truth
# swift boating
# swift-boat
# swiftboat
# swiftboated
# swiftboating
# swiftie

BTW, the users that posted the negative definitions are real losers with an education (it appears) no higher than 4th grade. suprised? Rolling Eyes
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the column by Herman Cain (who is African American by the way).
I think he is damn spot-on!! The real complaints about WalMart come from Big Unions who can't get a foot in the door. That's why the Dems attack WalMart!! The word went out to Dems on the internet about this column and the comments section was swarmed. Lots of really pathetic posts.
Townhall.com
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good way to turn the table on Kerry ! lol!

i think of 'swiftboating' as telling the truth.... exposing a lie...
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: