SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush Reminds Us We Are Still At War

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Bush Reminds Us We Are Still At War Reply with quote

It is truly a sad day that our President must continually 'remind' U.S. citizens that we are still at war with Islamic extremists. When will some of our fellow Americans take their dunce cap off? I find this a sad epitaph on the War on Terror.

Quote:
President Bush reminded Americans that the United States is a nation at war on the same day his administration proclaimed significant progress in the war on terror but said the enemy has adjusted to U.S. defenses and that "America is safer but we are not yet safe."

"We are a nation at war and America and her allies are fighting this war across the world," Bush said Tuesday at a meeting of the Military Officers Association of America. The speech was the second in a series Bush plans to give in the lead up to the anniversary of the Sept 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on America.

Earlier today, the administration released an updated counterterrorism strategy. The White House said: "The United States and our partners continue to pursue a significantly degraded but still dangerous al-Qaida network."

"Yet the enemy we face today in the war on terror is not the same enemy we faced on Sept. 11," said the 23-page terrorism strategy update. "Our effective counterterrorist efforts in part have forced the terrorists to evolve and modify their ways of doing business."

The White House also rejected Democrats' calls for replacing Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. "It's not going to happen," presidential spokesman Tony Snow said. "Creating Don Rumsfeld as a bogeyman may make for good politics but would make for very lousy strategy at this time." [Emphasis mine]

Via ABC News

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The incessant barrage of political Hyperbole (with a capital "H") that has emanated from the Democratic party since the "stolen" election of 2000 has relegated them to an odious "disloyal opposition" status even in the minds of many of the most out-of-touch voters.

Appeasement is not a winning platform. They're welcome to it.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both of you.

Part of my point in my"Where is the Anger?" post on my blog was that many have forgotten. They have moved on and feel no anger at the enemy that has dedicated theirselves to destroy us all.

That the current Democratic Party leadeship has chosen to politicize the fighting our troops are doing as unnecessary not only borders on treasonous to me, but it is outright suicidal, considering the enemy we are facing.

Hopefully, TV Specials slated for this coming weekend, on the 5th Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, will re-open some eyes and rekindle some righteous anger in more citizens and funnel into more support for our troops and for the administration actually taking this terrorist threat serious.

It's War and it's real
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On February 23, 1998, bin Laden reissued his 1996 fatwa - his declaration of war against the United States. He wrote, "The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies - civilians and military - is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty God, 'and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together,' and 'fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God.'"

Those were his words. Among the deeds backing them up: numerous indictments, including the first attack on the World Trade Center in 1993, the bombing of two U.S. embassies in Africa, and the bombing of the USS Cole. All took place before the U.S. attacked Iraq. And bin Laden got away with it, all because nobody believed him when he declared war on us. [Emphasis mine]

NewsMax.com

I agree with you both also. Thanks for the article Lew. I quoted this because this summed it up correctly.

Nobody believed him!

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll,
That is sad isn't it! Perhaps saddest is the suicidal war protestor mistique in this country...the children of the 70's war protestors, and their parents simply continue to fail to come to their senses! This isn't Vietnam!, tho' Kruschev also said 'We'll Bury You' to america back then! and Vietnam was just one of the battlefields...and the war protesters were equally wrong back then! This time, the terrorists, unlike the Ruskies, don't make 'threats', their fatwas are 'promises'. Russia had something to lose if it attacked the USA...the terrorists don't have a thing to lose!

Big difference!

So Lew,
you are absolutely spot on as usual:
Quote:
...Democratic Party leadership has chosen to politicize the fighting our troops are doing as unnecessary not only borders on treasonous to me, but it is outright suicidal,
Deuce
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce wrote:
Perhaps saddest is the suicidal war protestor mistique in this country...the children of the 70's war protestors, and their parents simply continue to fail to come to their senses!

Hi Duece! What you say in the above quote is quite profoundly true. You are right on. Though I am of the generation of the '70's' war protesters, I did not protest the war in Vietnam or any other war that was justified.

I did not raise my children to detest war, nor to embrace war. I raised my children to honor their country, to be proud of the their country and all it has afforded them in the name of patriotism and freedom--stressing that people died so that we could enjoy the liberties and freedoms we so cherish today. I attribute how I raised my children to my parents, who are from the WWII and Korean War Era. My father is an Army Veteran of the Korean war. Though he was not born here, and suffered in Germany during WWII, he came here, unlike those illegals we have today, with a love and respect for the USA, he gave back and is proud to be a citizen of this great nation. I was fortunate to have good examples in my parents who instilled patriotism and morals in me, and back in the 60's schools embraced and reinforced that, unlike today. At my wee ones school, not far from the Pentagon, since the 2000 election debacle, they no longer have a picture of the President in their school office. When Bush won that election the picture of Clinton came down and was NEVER replaced with Bush's. That says little for instilling patriotism in our children in schools, though of course that should begin first in the home.

As for several of my adult children, even though they were raised right--sometimes they go left. A couple of my kids are Democrats. I do not have a problem with them being Democrat, but I do have a problem with their adopting the liberal views, which as Lew so rightly pointed out is suicidal.

Sometimes I asked where did I go wrong? But my Dad in his kind way told me to give it time, they are young, and when I was young there were times they [my parents] wondered about me too, LOL, but I grew out of it and the seeds that were planted young do take root--sometimes later, but they do take root.

I hope that people, the youth, all doubting Americans will get a grip and begin thinking for themselves instead of believing every sound bite that comes out of the news or Howard Deans filthy mouth.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: