SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White House refuses to release full NIE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: White House refuses to release full NIE Reply with quote

I suppose that some Dem's would just have us tell all-expose our classified intelligence so that the terrors can win this war. And this just because 'we have to know'.

Quote:
The White House refused Wednesday to release the rest of a secret intelligence assessment that depicts a growing terrorist threat, as the Bush administration tried to quell election-season criticism that its anti-terror policies are seriously off track.

Press secretary Tony Snow said releasing the full report, portions of which
President Bush declassified on Tuesday, would jeopardize the lives of agents who gathered the information.

It would also risk the nation's ability to work with foreign governments and to keep secret its U.S. intelligence-gathering methods, Snow said, and "compromise the independence of people doing intelligence analysis."

"If they think their work is constantly going to be released to the public they are going to pull their punches," Snow said.

The Dems are milking this:

Snip
Quote:

But Sen. Joe Biden, the top Democrat on the Foreign Relations Committee, said Wednesday that Bush has allowed Iraq to fester as a training ground for terrorists, and U.S. voters are worried about it.

"On Election Day, that morning, if there's still the carnage in the streets of Iraq, then it will be clear that they have concluded that this administration's policy has failed and there will be a political price for it," Biden, D-Del., predicted on CBS' "The Early Show."

Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia, the intelligence committee's top Democrat, said the decision to invade Iraq shifted focus away from U.S. counterterrorism efforts.

"There is no question that many of our policies have inflamed our enemies' hatred toward the U.S. and allowed violence to flourish," he said. "But it is the mistakes we made in Iraq — the lack of planning, the mismanagement and the complete incompetence of our leadership — that has done the most damage to our security."

The cut and run party is doing the most damage to our security, I mean, leaking classified documents is not dangerous!

Continued

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, on top of this, just today the DCCC sent out another email, signed by old B.J. Clinton himself titled "The Difference Between Us and Them"

Quote:
Subject: The Difference Between Us and Them
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:42:43 -0400

Contribute NOW before September 30th to take advantage of the DCCC's
3-to-1 match.

Dear Lewis,

The stakes have never been higher.

The opportunity has never been greater.

In fewer than 40 days, we have the opportunity to send America in a new direction and elect leaders who will bring the change this nation desperately needs.

The governing philosophy of the Republicans leading America today could be described as divide and conquer. Time after time, when faced with critical opportunities to bring Americans together in common purpose, Republicans in Congress chose instead to exploit wedge issues that divide America, foster fear, and promote insecurity.

We can put an end to this cynical governing philosophy. But doing that requires electing a Democratic Congress and requires supporting the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC). You have been an important activist this year in helping to elect a Democratic majority. Today, I am asking you to take that activism a step further and contribute. House Democratic leaders are committed to winning the majority. Democratic House members are willing to match any contribution you make by midnight, September 30th, three-to-one. Please take advantage of this opportunity and give a gift today.

Make a secure contribution right now and your gift will have three times more the impact. Give $35, $50 or more.

No single group of people has a monopoly on morality. No one party has the best ideas on how to keep us safe. Yet, a small group of people does have a monopoly on power in our government. And they've used that monopoly to prevent a true debate on how to grow the economy, to clean up and reform the political process and to protect our nation.

Each day brings greater evidence that America is ready for a new day.

Democrats have fresh ideas, progressive solutions, and a new direction for America. Expanding health care, making college education an opportunity for everybody, energy independence, and a raise in the minimum wage - when you hear talk of a "new direction," this is what we're talking about. But none of those things will become reality without a Democratic majority.

Make a secure contribution right now and your gift will have three times more the impact. Give $35, $50 or more.

I have been campaigning non-stop with Democratic candidates all across America and will continue to do so through Election Day. The new direction we are offering is resonating with the American people. They are tired of hearing leaders sing the praises of an economic recovery that doesn't feel like one. They are tired of a government that gives more to those who already have the most. They are disheartened by leaders who have put personal gain before the public good.

They know that America can be better. And they are looking for Democrats to lead the way.

We have the dynamic candidates. I've met them. We have the ideas. I know them. What we need are the resources to make sure people meet the candidates and hear the ideas.

I was proud to serve as President of the United States. But there is no title I wear more proudly than that of American citizen. And so, as a citizen, I ask you to get involved. I ask you to shake off the feelings of cynicism and disappointment you've felt these past six years and commit to building a new and renewed majority. I ask you to give of yourself - your time, your money, your energy - to make that happen. I ask you again to support the candidates who best express your hopes and dreams. Because if you do those things, I know that come Election Day, we will usher in a better day for this nation.

Today, I am asking you to make the additional action of giving a gift to impact the results of the election. I would not ask if it were not so critical.

We can win in November. We must win in November. I'm counting on you.

Sincerely,

Bill Clinton

PS: Please send your matching contribution by midnight September 30th and your gift will be matched by the leadership of the Democratic Party. The right-wing will be coming after our candidates a lot harder than they've been coming after me, and Democrats will need all the help they can get. Please be as generous as you can. Thank you. Make a secure contribution right now and your gift will have three times more the impact. Give $35, $50 or more.

As someone said over on FreeRepublic, to the left, "Them" is Republicans. To Republicans, "Them" is the Islamofascists.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The governing philosophy of the Republicans leading America today could be described as divide and conquer. Time after time, when faced with critical opportunities to bring Americans together in common purpose, Republicans in Congress chose instead to exploit wedge issues that divide America, foster fear, and promote insecurity.

Hmmmm, sounds to me like Billy Boy has just described his own party projecting their attitudes unto Republicans. How pitiful. Rolling Eyes

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon me Bill, but just who exactly is it that's not folowing the Commander in Chief? Who is it that is doing the dividing? Who is it that is trying their dead level best to cause us to lose face in the world and lose our butts to Islamic radical terrorists all for their own political gain over the good of the country?
Exactly who is it Billy boy?
You can fool some of the people some of the time Bill, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
Some of us out here are paying attention.
Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: