SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patriotism leads Alaska villages to reject Chavez fuel offer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lwilson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Patriotism leads Alaska villages to reject Chavez fuel offer Reply with quote

Four western Alaskan villages have rejected the Chavez offer of heating oil. The Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association states ,"Despite the critical need for fuel in our region, the Aleut people are Americans first and we cannot support the political agenda attached to this donation." Tribal leaders and board members with the native regional nonprofit decided that supporting President Bush and the U.S. Government is more important than free fuel. FYI: heating fuel exceeds $7 per gallon in remote villages, so this is a significant sacrifice.

http://www.adn.com/news/politics/story/8248161p-8143814c.html

Please let these great Americans at: apiai@apiai.org know how you feel.

This is on my own, from "civilized" surban, Alaska with no ties to APIA: With the sacrifice of the Chavez handout, APIA could probably use donations to the needy for food and fuel this winter. Thanks.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knock me over with a feather Shocked ... what a GREAT story ... and kudos to the Anchorage Daily News for its publication.

Quote:
"People will say whatever they might want to say, but I feel from my heart and (others feel) also that this was the right choice because there's a lot of loyalty to the U.S. here," he said.

I believe (and hope) that the four villages involved will soon reap the rewards for their very public act of patriotism...my e-mail is OTW.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh, take $10 each off the Alaskan oil dividend and apply it to a fund and you've got those 4 villages covered and probably a whole lot more.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:
Sheesh, take $10 each off the Alaskan oil dividend and apply it to a fund and you've got those 4 villages covered and probably a whole lot more.

Sheesh. Give us the 90% royalties that every other state gets of Fed lands instead to the 50% we get and we could afford a lot of other special funds also.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! This is a great story! What patriotism.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chavez Says He Has White House Informant
Venezuela Leader Chavez Says White House Informant Has Warned Him About Plots Against Him
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=2515529

If there's any truth to this (and I personally think it's just a line of Chavez BS) then it's only a matter of days before Mr. Bush quietly deals with the traitorous spy.

Last edited by BuffaloJack on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chavez Says He Has White House Informant

On the light side: ya reckon, since he seems to be a bit confused about Democracy, that Cindy Sheehan told him that she lived in a white house?

On the heavier side: This is, of course, pure BS! He seems for months to have been claiming that the US was planning an imminent invasion, now an assination. One must really wonder what the average citizen of Venezuela thinks of him and this kind of BS. It sort of makes me cringe to think that if the "average citizen" did have access to a MSM outlet, they'd probably think there might be some truth to this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: