SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry <> Sheehan Connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Kerry <> Sheehan Connection Reply with quote

Melanie Morgan’s new book documents Kerry Campaign financial links to Cindy Sheehan, that has long been suspected, and Kerry’s personal request to Sheehan ( shortly after her son's death) to make a commercial for him.

video of Melanie on Hannity & Colmes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YK6JQJNRyI&eurl=

Also, full transcript at the link, posting just this snip fox news
Quote:
This is a partial transcript from "Hannity & Colmes," October 16, 2006, that has been edited for clarity.

<snippet >

MORGAN: And she's personally blaming George Bush.

HANNITY: You do two things in the book. Number one, you describe how Cindy Sheehan had met President Bush a year before she became critical and was very complimentary of him. The media seems to have not done their job.

And the second thing you uncover in this book is that she worked very closely with the Kerry people. This was — she, in essence, was used by them. Explain that.

MORGAN: We have documents from the FEC that tracked the money, and that's generally how you get to a good investigative stories. And we've spent a lot of time in putting this all together.

It was John Kerry's political campaign, John Kerry personally, along with Michael Moore, went to Cindy Sheehan just days and a couple of weeks after the death of her son and asked her to make a commercial for him.

And they did the same thing, political operatives, they asked the other families.

HANNITY: So here's a woman that said nice things about the president and then was used as a political pawn in a campaign and continues to be used, is that fair?

MOY: No.

MORGAN: No, she has divorced herself because she feels that John Kerry is not now representative and not anti-war enough and not radical enough, so she —and they broke up their association. It was a financial arrangement that took care of her daughter, Carly, and her expenses.

per some quotes in that interview, there are some other interesting tidbits about Sheehan coming out in the book

About the book… wnd
WND BOOKS
Quote:
'American Mourning' climbs Amazon.com list
Story of 2 Gold Star families – Sheehans and Johnsons – captures readers
Posted: October 17, 2006

WND Books' latest release, "American Mourning," has risen to No. 84 on Amazon.com's best-seller list, just a day after its official launch.

Authors Melanie Morgan and Catherine Moy, tell the story of the tragic loss of two young soldiers in Iraq and how the reactions of their families – the Sheehans and the Johnsons – are poles apart, just as the American nation is split over the value of taking out terrorists overseas instead of in our backyards.

more…

Last edited by kate on Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:26 am; edited 3 times in total
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That isn’t the only incident of the Kerry campaign soliciting military families of fallen soldiers .. who were Democrat. What did his campaign do…check obits against voter registration records?? How absolutely goulish

weekly standard
Quote:
Cutting to the Quick
The mother a soldier who died in Iraq talks about John Kerry.

by Stephen F. Hayes
10/29/2004
Canton, Ohio

ON MAY 5, 2004, Peggy Buryj, got the worst news a mother can get. Her son, Jesse, had been killed in Iraq. Jesse was manning the turret of a Humvee at a checkpoint in Karbala, south of Baghdad, when he noticed a dump truck racing towards his vehicle. Despite warnings, the driver did not stop. Jesse fired more than 400 rounds at the truck, killing the driver. But the truck didn't stop. It rammed his Humvee, tipping it over. Jesse suffered massive internal injuries and later died on the operating table.

Jesse's funeral got significant media attention in Canton. The military told Mrs. Buryj (pronounced "boo-dee") that her son's action saved the lives of at least three soldiers. "My son was a big hero in these parts," she says. "Canton really turned out for my son's funeral."

Six weeks later, Peggy Buryj claims that she received a phone call from a representative of John Kerry's presidential campaign. The caller identified herself as "Linda" and asked Mrs. Buryj, a registered Democrat, if she would appear at a Canton rally for John Kerry. Buryj agreed, but with a condition. She wanted to ask Kerry one question: "Why did you vote against the $87 billion for support troops in Iraq?"

"And I wanted to ask him--because I never hear journalists ask him, or anybody ask him--what was his reasoning for voting down the money?"

Buryj understood that her request was politically sensitive. So she told the Kerry campaign that she was willing to ask Kerry in private, before the event, or in a phone call. She promised that she would not go public with his answer. She even offered to sign a confidentiality agreement pledging that she would not talk to reporters about Kerry's answer.

"They were inviting me because of my son," she says. "You know, they were using me for their benefit, you know? Local hero's mother, you know?" Buryj notes that the Kerry campaign did not invite the Rameys, parents of Staff Sft. Richard Ramey, who died in Iraq February 8, 2004. "They were Republicans," she says. "I'm a Democrat."

more....

long, but worth the read
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe you got that figured out Kate. Good job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: