SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kerry defends Democrats' wartime service"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: "Kerry defends Democrats' wartime service" Reply with quote

Given the headline, I was half-expecting a second coming of the "Gettysburg Address". Instead, we are offered...

Quote:
Kerry defends Democrats' wartime service
Strong responses contrast with '04
By Rick Klein, Globe Staff | October 30, 2006

NEWTOWN, Pa. -- The military record of a Democratic House candidate was under attack. So, Senator John F. Kerry ventured to the Philadelphia suburbs last week to defend Patrick Murphy -- and deliver the kind of speech the senator never quite gave when his own wartime service was called into question in 2004.

"Attacking Patrick Murphy for his service is a little bit like Jessica Simpson attacking Albert Einstein's IQ," the Massachusetts Democrat proclaimed Thursday at a chilly outdoor rally at Bucks County Community College.

"A lot of these people in the GOP, the Republican Party -- they think somehow that they served because they played with GI dolls when they were little," Kerry said.

Boston Globe - cont'd

Boilerplate, self-serving Kerry at his finest...served up by a "journalist" who gives new meaning to being "in the tank". Rolling Eyes
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, notice that they're playing the "moral authority" tape script again.

I know nothing about Admiral Joe Sestak. Most particularly, I don't know why his 31 years of service is relevant to his being a well-qualified Congressman, why he's best able to represent the people of his district, or where he stands on any of the issues of the day (admittedly this is partly because I'm not "local" to his election district). But in JoKe's attack/rebuttal, he doesn't mention any of these relevant factors in an election, and the articles written in the liberal media (that I've seen) don't either.

So let's follow the liberal Democrat "moral authority" script: Admiral Sestak has been annointed by the Democrats to have superior "moral authority" (over what, or relevant to what, is not mentioned), and this automatically confers upon him:
1) The priveledge of absolutely never being questioned on anything, hence it is not necessary to establish his position on issues.
2) The priveledge of moving on to becoming the "sympathetic victim" in the event that anyone does question his qualifications, disregarding whether his past life is even relevant to qualifying him to being a Congressman, i.e., move the debate from objective considerations to (false) emotional ones.

In other words, he has been annointed by the Democrats to be an untouchable.

We've simply gotta break this game being played by the Democrats. Though JoKe appears to be the leading proponent of this tactic, he's not alone. If the "moral authority"/"sympathetic victim" tactic can be nullified, then JoKe will flush down the toilet at the same time.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..and Taranto has a bit of fun with it as well....

Quote:
The Gift That Keeps On Giving
Somehow this never stops being funny. From the Boston Globe:
    NEWTOWN, Pa.--The military record of a Democratic House candidate was under attack. So, Senator John F. Kerry ventured to the Philadelphia suburbs last week to defend Patrick Murphy--and deliver the kind of speech the senator never quite gave when his own wartime service was called into question in 2004.

"Attacking Patrick Murphy for his service is a little bit like Jessica Simpson attacking Albert Einstein's IQ," the Massachusetts Democrat proclaimed Thursday at a chilly outdoor rally at Bucks County Community College.
Kerry's simile is too clever by half. We guess Jessica Simpson, whoever she is, isn't as smart as Einstein was--but then, who is? More to the point, how many people can there be who have heard of both Jessica Simpson and Einstein? Kerry continues:
    "A lot of these people in the GOP, the Republican Party--they think somehow that they served because they played with GI dolls when they were little," Kerry said. "The guys who really served understand what it means, and we've had enough of these lies."
He's teasing Republicans for playing with dolls? This phony machismo would be almost cute if Kerry weren't 62 years old. Besides, it turns out the big criticism of Kerry is that he is such a wimp:
    Many Democrats remain angry with Kerry over his failure to more aggressively combat Republican smears in 2004. . . .

"My reaction was to go down to Texas and punch those Swift boat guys in the mouth," said Albert Lawler, 58, who runs a tutoring business in Bucks County. "He's too much of a politician for that."
But don't worry--Kerry's mood has changed:
    "I'm in a fighting mood," Kerry responded. "We--together--lost to two lies: the lie about the war in Iraq, and the lie about me personally. And if you don't think that puts me in a fighting mood, you don't know John Kerry."
Ooohh, John Kerry's in a fighting mood! Swift Boat Veterans, prepare to be taunted!

Best of the Web Today
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ooohh, John Kerry's in a fighting mood! Swift Boat Veterans, prepare to be taunted!

Laughing

"'Tis merely a flesh wound!" says JK.

(Sorry, Johnny-boy, the wound to your political aspirations is a lot more serious than the ones you're used to.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: