SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WaPo: "With Eye on 2008, Kerry Attacks"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: WaPo: "With Eye on 2008, Kerry Attacks" Reply with quote

Yet another manifestation of the MSM's fixation on Kerry's future plans. Here's a hint fellas...he's running already.

Now the only question remaining inre "Kerry's Re-Run" is at what point should or would the Swift Vet and POW allegations get revisited by them?

It's become apparent that Kerry is going to some lengths to re-engage those whose asses he plans to kick "from one end of the country to the other", perhaps an indication that he wants to test the mettle of his minions at the "Patriot Project" and then re-assess media and Demo party reaction.

Hopefully the SVPT will not oblige him with the opportunity. After all, his polling among those who must nominate him is abysmal and Hilary, among many others, will soon commence her drive for the '08 nomination.

I'd much prefer to see Hilary et al kick HIS lying, fraudulent ass from one end of the country to the other. It will be a SWEET thing to watch.

Rest easy SVPT.

Quote:
With Eye on 2008, Kerry Attacks
In New Hampshire, He Calls GOP Dishonest, Incompetent...*
By Dan Balz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, October 15, 2006; Page A07

MANCHESTER, N.H. – Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., barely said hello to the New Hampshire Democrats who filled a banquet room Friday night before unloading on President Bush.

“This war in Iraq is a disgrace,” he said in the second sentence of his speech at a party fundraising dinner in Manchester.

Thirty-two minutes and 14 standing ovations later, the man who lost the 2004 presidential campaign left little doubt that if he runs again in 2008, he intends to be the chief prosecutor against the record of the Bush presidency.

“A lie, a lie, a lie and a lie,” he said after recounting Republican claims that Iraq is not in a civil war, that North Korea’s nuclear advancement is President Clinton’s fault and that Democrats were behind the release of salacious e-mails that Mark Foley sent to former House pages.

It was as if the Kerry of 2006 was channeling the Howard Dean of 2003. “What we have in Washington is a house of lies, and in November, we need to clean house,” he said.

Kerry spoke to an audience that included many of the activists who helped propel him to the nomination two years ago. But after his defeat by Bush, many of them are decidedly cooler to a Kerry presidential campaign in 2008.

The University of New Hampshire released a survey Thursday of presidential preferences in the Granite State. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York led the field of Democrats with 30 percent, followed by former Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina at 16 percent and former Vice President Al Gore at 10 percent. Kerry ranked fourth with 9 percent.

None of this seems to discourage the Massachusetts senator. He said he has been getting a far different sense from conversations with Democrats this fall. “I’m very encouraged,” he said in an interview a few hours before his speech.

Kerry believes he was defeated in 2004 in large part because of what he calls two lies from his opponents: one about the way America went to war in 2003, the other far more personal – the Swift Boat veterans’ attacks that challenged his Vietnam War record, crippling his campaign in August 2004.

Democrats still fault Kerry as failing to fight back against those charges, and he says he regrets he was not more aggressive. “We thought the truth was understood,” he said. “We should have done more.” But, Kerry added, “I don’t think that should disqualify you from being president of the United States, necessarily.”

What is disqualifying, he believes, is the Bush administration’s Iraq strategy.

“This war is utterly disastrous,” he said. “It’s without parallel in modern American foreign policy history in the incompetence and in the lack of effort to bring elders of both parties together and create an atmosphere of solving it. And I am incensed that young Americans are losing their lives because these guys are arrogant and incompetent.”

Those kinds of comments have drawn instant rebukes from critics in the Republican Party, and even Democrats have been reluctant to follow Kerry’s recommendations for changing policy by setting a timetable for withdrawing U.S. forces. He predicts that more of his colleagues in the Senate will move his way after the midterm elections.

Kerry said those who have encouraged him to run again believe he can be a viable candidate. “Are there enough people who believe that?” he asked. “Can we put that together? Have I learned the lessons of getting kicked on my butt and dusted up, and can I bring a better experience to the table? I think I’ve learned a lot of lessons. The question is, can you convey that to people? I don’t know. Those are the imponderables.”

Washington Post

*ed.: This is the first of 2 article titles presented doing a WaPo search of "bylines" for Dan Balz . The current link presents "With Eye On 2008, Kerry Goes After Bush". It would be interesting to learn just why the Post felt the need to retitle the story. Perhaps Kerry calling ANYONE "dishonest" was just too much hypocrisy for even the WaPo editors to stomach?
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has also said in a speach (DEAN BLABBER) just a while ago that

everyone deserves a second chance, but what he cant't through that

thick muss is that he DID NOT deserve the first chance!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm observing is that JoKe is saying more and more outrageous things, apparently desperately trying to get attention. That "desperation" is the key word, here. If this trend continues, then he will - in desperation - become more and more outrageous, making him an easier target for any seemingly more moderate Democratic opponent to defeat him.

Let's keep our powder dry until after the Democratic primary. I predict we won't need it.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never underestimate the enemy. Who knows what will happen to
the Democrats in '08. Stranger things have happened, remember the cash he has access to.

I fully understand the great personal sacrifice that all the SwiftVets made in
fighting this traitor. And we don't want them being asked to go another
round. The information is out there. And its damning.

My thoughts: Get the original SwiftVet ads up on YouTube. I hate Youtube, they have proven themselves to be very biased but use the medium to
full advantage. This will make linking them easier for bloggers.

Start taking donations again. It can't hurt.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NortonPete wrote:
My thoughts: Get the original SwiftVet ads up on YouTube. I hate Youtube, they have proven themselves to be very biased but use the medium to full advantage. This will make linking them easier for bloggers.

If Michelle Malkin can't get aired on you tube, I won't hold my breath waiting to see the SVPT ads hosted there.

That being said, I'm ignorant about you tube and how it works, but its recent purchase by Google would seem to make the airing of SVPT ads even less probable, if that's possible.

Quote:

Yes it can. It gives Kerry some air of political viability that, IMHO, is just not warranted.

The organization is there, however, awaiting only the push of a button or two. I'd rather wait for his own to whisper quietly in his ear "it ain't gonna happen again John, now or EVER".

SWEET
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
NortonPete wrote:
My thoughts: Get the original SwiftVet ads up on YouTube.

If Michelle Malkin can't get aired on you tube, I won't hold my breath waiting to see the SVPT ads hosted there.

That being said, I'm ignorant about you tube and how it works, but its recent purchase by Google would seem to make the airing of SVPT ads even less probable, if that's possible.
I'll do some research on this

Quote:

Yes it can. It gives Kerry some air of political viability that, IMHO, is just not warranted.

The organization is there, however, awaiting only the push of a button or two. I'd rather wait for his own to whisper quietly in his ear "it ain't gonna happen again John, now or EVER".

SWEET

Roger that, again I believe this has been considered , agree with the present decision.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is my first attempt at Youtube
Named --They Served In Vietnam--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n3Y8k_i4QI

It WORKS.... Click a few times to get it ...

Lets see how long this lasts,,,,, Yeah
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I advocated during the election fight against Kerry was an animation of his Bronze Star incident, showing, to scale, the mining of the boat, Kerry's flee down the river, Rassmann treading water and 5000 yards of automatic weapons fire from both banks of the 75 yard wide canal. It would show the complete unbelievability of Hanoi John's entire story. Make it real-time and anybody viewing it would come to the realization that everyone on his boat would have been a casualty. Nobody ever did it, and I still feel it would be an eye-opener for anyone viewing it.
If I had the application to create one, I'd give it a shot myself. It wouldn't cost much to produce, just a time investment. Use Kerry's own report describing the action in the lower margin so he has no chance to refute it.
Wink
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NortonPete wrote:

Well...I tried off and on for an hour or so with no luck but I FINALLY linked up and was delighted to find most if not all of the SVPT Ads are, indeed, residing on YouTube. Knock me over with a feather Wink

I think I'll toss YouTube a little business with some links on the masthead.
Thanks NP for following up on this. Wink
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NortonPete wrote:

Great job! noted the Swifts' Documentaries are there too

Also , some from that "Going Upriver", ie the medal toss, and one clip ( Going Upriver extra credit) looks like it has some short clips from skerry's "home movies" (?)

Last edited by kate on Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Please, Democrats, Give us more more crack at Kerry Reply with quote

I would love to crucify him again.

Please see my article for today at Hangrightpolitics.com.

Feel free to go there and comment!!
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper, have you seen the documentaries that the Swifts put together? They have narration combined with some animation of the events...

There is a link to them on the entry page
http://www.swiftvets.com/

(I couldn't find a link on the main index page)
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see if this works. Visit my post today at
http://hangrightpolitics.com/

fixed it/kate Wink
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty then! Good job Norton..........excellent!
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wing Wiper, have you seen the documentaries that the Swifts put together? They have narration combined with some animation of the events...

Yes, I have. That documentary should be redone, showing the events that Kerry reported in real-time and to scale. For example, the 5,000 meter journey down and back up the river, at a Swift Boat's top speed, would take at least 10 minutes. The current animation makes it appear they were allegedly under fire for 20 or 30 seconds. Big difference. Less "face time" by Kerry's former boat mates and more of the direct report from Kerry's own hand, with graphics depicting what he alleges. Use the Swift Boat vets testimony as the background sound track and Kerry's report as a text stream under the animation.
If done correctly, anyone viewing it will come to the conclusion that either:
(a) The North Vietnamese were the most inaccurate bunch of clowns in history; or
(b) John Kerry's story is an embellished pack of lies.

Do you understand what I'm trying to describe? The Swiftboat Veterans current video makes a good case to someone with military knowledge as it currently stands, but it could be much improved with an accurate graphical representation of what is described in Kerry's report. The general population, with little knowledge of Swift Boats, the small size of the river, and the distances and time involved, would begin to question Kerry's credibility after viewing.

If there is actual video of Swift Boats on the Bo Hap river (the first part of the current video appears to possibly be just that), label it. Some people still think it is the size of the Mississippi, vs. 4 times the width a Swift Boat is long.

There's time right now to get our ammo in order, if we think we'll need it.

That's my honest opinion, for what it's worth. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: