SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry supports broadcast of CNN's Sniper video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Kerry supports broadcast of CNN's Sniper video Reply with quote

When I heard about that video I did go to CNN and watch it. My first thought was that any mother would recognize her son. Her son, being shot, and falling ...

The Media didn't want to show the WTC victims jumping to their deaths because Americans would be traumatized,, they won't show replays the WTC towers being hit by terrorists. They thought movies like 'World Trade Center' or 'Flight 93' had come too soon

but terrorist footage of deadly sniper attacks on US troops is fine...and John Kerry agrees
boston.com
Quote:
What's really going on in Iraq
By Joan Vennochi, Globe Columnist | October 22, 2006

SOMETIMES truth is also propaganda. When that happens, should we be watching it on CNN?

That's the issue surrounding a video -- broadcast on CNN -- which shows insurgent snipers in Iraq targeting US military personnel. The tape, which the network obtained through contact with an insurgent leader, was aired on "Anderson Cooper 360." Throughout the broadcast, the label "insurgent video" is clear, so viewers know the source of the images.

Disturbing they are. The tape shows 10 separate sniper attacks. The randomness of assault is especially horrifying. The dead are not necessarily engaged in "battle." The first victim is casually moving around in a public area with Iraqis. The network went to black at the moment of actual impact.

This video, shot by the enemy, does advance the enemy agenda. So, it is indeed propaganda, as some viewers complained. And to the extent the video and any fallout from the controversy draws viewers to Cooper's show, it is propaganda for CNN, too.

But CNN was right to broadcast this material, even if insurgents supplied it.

Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, a strong critic of President Bush's Iraq war policy, believes Americans should see more truth, not less:

"Snipers are a reality. People being blown up is a reality." Yet, in this war, Kerry argues, "People see almost nothing at all. We see only the aftermath of explosions and bombs. As painful as the images of war are, it's important to understand what soldiers go through."

Does footage such as the CNN sniper video help the enemy? "I don't think you help the enemy to have the truth known," says Kerry. "This is a dirty war. . . and it's escalating day by day by day."

Kerry blames the Bush administration for "a calculated effort to hide the reality of war." He also notes that media cutbacks in Iraq coverage also mean Americans receive fewer close-ups of war's brutality.

more...

thankfully others disagree with skerry
Armed Services Committee Chairman Calls For Removal of CNN’s Embedded Reporters link
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a redeployment alright...to Atlanta.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same song, 9,999th verse. JoKe is a fine one to be speaking out about our need to know the truth:

Quote:
Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, a strong critic of President Bush's Iraq war policy, believes Americans should see more truth, not less

Selective truth is the very essence of propaganda, isn't it? If (unvarnished) truth were the objective then we should expect to see, e.g.:

* The full disclosure of Skerry/JoKe's service records, and an in-depth analysis by CNN of sKerry's illustrious service career.
* Video revealing the horror of late-term abortions
* The evils of Sadam's regime while CNN reporters were there before the war
* Some of the good that our magnificent servicemen are doing.
* The pure hate that is being preached to the Islamic masses from mosques every Friday
* etc., etc.

CNN and BBC - equally infested!
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is just a case of al-CNN being al-CNN.
It's just that they don't even try to hide their bias anymore.
I support the removal of any al-CNN reporter from being embedded with our troops. That goes for al-Reuters, too.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC reporter embedded with Taliban

Will CNN be next, or have they already done this?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From John Hinderaker at Powerline, the beat goes on...

Quote:
Broken News Network

I watched a little CNN over the lunch hour today. At one point, the newscast was interrupted by an ad for a Democratic political candidate. I had to wonder: why would a Democrat advertise on CNN? After all, the network's programming is basically a 24/7 commercial for the Democratic Party. Why pay to interrupt it? One of CNN's many overtly partisan features is a series called "Broken Government," which, I assume, will run until November 7, whereupon, if CNN gets its way the government will be "fixed."

Even the 24/7 echo chamber doesn't always hear what it's hoping for, however, as Blog of the Week Confederate Yankee points out: CNN Poll Says Bush Failed: America Not Completely Fascist Yet. Conf. Yankee says:

Note with amusement that CNN filed this under "Broken Government," and get them sockpuppets some smelling salts.
Here is what caused the Conf. Yankee to snicker:

Most Americans do not believe the Bush administration has gone too far in restricting civil liberties as part of the war on terror, a new CNN poll released Thursday suggests.

While 39 percent of the 1,013 poll respondents said the Bush administration has gone too far, 34 percent said they believe the administration has been about right on the restrictions, according to the Opinion Research Corp. survey. Another 25 percent said the administration has not gone far enough.

Asked whether Bush has more power than any other U.S. president, 65 percent of poll respondents said no. Thirty-three percent said yes. Of those who said yes, a quarter said that was bad for the country.
If you spend a lot of time on the internet, it's easy to lose sight of how utterly flat the Bushitler theme has fallen with the American public.

Powerline
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they want more truth, why do we never hear of interviews as this one?

From an interview in the current (December 2006) edition of Viet Nam Magazine, page 26 to 33, retired Marine Colonel Harvey C. Barnum, Medal of Honor winner and current Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Reserve Affairs;

VN: As with Vietnam, the ultimate success or failure of the United States' Iraqi invasion depends on the Iraqis-how viable a democratic government they are able to establish and maintain. Are you optimistic that there will come a point when the United States can afford to withdraw its forces from that country?

Barnum: It's very important that we get out of Iraq when the Iraqis are prepared to take over on their own security. You know, there are 18 districts, and 13 of them are in good shape. Three of them are bad, but many of them are ready to be turned over to Iraqi security forces, which will allow U.S. forces to pull back. So success is being realized, but it will take time. That's the reason the insurgents keep this chaos up-those IEDs [improvised explosive devices] and ambushes. There's no military sense to it, they just kill civilians hoping that the United States and the coalition forces will finally say, 'That's enough, we're out of here." But I don't believe that's going to happen.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently (about a month ago) I ran into someone my husband and I were stationed with in Fl. She had just gotten back from a 5 month tour in Iraq. I flat our asked her to tell me the truth about Iraq! Boy she was mad as a hornet as how wrong the media has it. Kim told me that when she found out she was going to Iraq they had to send her kicking and screaming as she was down to her last 7 months of active duty before she retired...said it was the best 5 months of her life...even though she was away from her kids and husband. Kim told me she is retiring from the military on a high note...to know that they are truly helping the Iraqi people. She said the Iraqi people do NOT want us to leave and there is so much good the military is doing for the Iraqi people.

Shame the news media misses this opportunity every time. It is hard to win a war when your own media is so anti-american, so anti-chrisitian, so anti-winning the war on terrorism. I don't care if you agree or disagree with the war...we MUST support the men and women who are bravely fighting to win this war. To me it is as simple as this...we either fight the war or in the middle east...we we will fight in on our shores. I may not be the brightest bulb in the box...but I sure am the hell am not the dullest. I know that we must defeat the terrorist otherwise we all lose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: