SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did Vietnam sabotage Bob Kerrey?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Did Vietnam sabotage Bob Kerrey? Reply with quote

Did the Vietnamese government have people plant a false allegation three years ago of an atrocity allegedly committed by Bob Kerrey's Seal Team as a deliberate effort to eliminate a possible rival to John Kerry's presidential campaign? The story came out three years ago at a time when Bob Kerrey was considered a strong presidential contender.

For some reason, residents of an isolated area suddenly remembered an incident that had happened decades earlier and mentioned it to a reporter. Why would this happen at a that time in a dictatorship unless someone in power wanted it to happen?

Former Nebraska Governo and U.S. Senator Bob Kerrey recently served as a member of the 9/11 Commission but has otherwise been out of politics.

Bob Kerrey was one of the few Democrats I might have voted for president.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure about the story...but about the man...after I saw Bob Kerrey in action in the 09-11 Commission - I wouldn't vote for this man for anything. He was so partisian it was disgusting - the way he treated Richard Clarke with kid gloves and then tried tor rake Dr Rice over the coals was just down right wrong. I was just really disgusted with the whole partisianship across the board between both parties! This was not to be political but to find answers - which was really senseless as we know who was to blame for 09-11 - al-Qaeda. No big secret there! Failure if intelligence..Duh. Total waste of taxpayers money!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: