SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blame Bush for WWII, Korea, and anything else :/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Blame Bush for WWII, Korea, and anything else :/ Reply with quote

Quote:
Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2006

READERS IN COUNCIL
Koizumi's bad bet on Iraq

By CHRIS ROWTHORN
Kyoto

When former Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi deployed Japan's Self-Defense Forces to Iraq in 2004, it was clear that he did so in hopes that the Bush administration would, in return, be obliged to honor the Japan-U.S. Security Treaty. Koizumi's "investment" in Iraq did not pay off, and every Japanese citizen ought to feel outraged at the Bush administration for compelling the regime of Kim Jong Il to develop nuclear weapons.

Soon after taking office, U.S. George W. Bush labeled North Korea a member of the "axis of evil" along with Iraq and Iran. This completely unnecessary announcement served no purpose other than to put the leaders and citizens of these countries on full alert for an attack by the United States. The citizens of Iraq didn't have to wait long for these fears to be realized. And even as the occupation of Iraq drifted inexorably into a quagmire, Bush made well-publicized preparations to invade Iran.

At the same time, Bush made it clear that he had no intention of entering into conflict with North Korea. Rather, he pulled troops back from the demilitarized border. Thus, after giving North Korea a huge incentive to develop nuclear weapons (fear of attack), he then removed its incentive for not doing so. Despite billions spent on "Star Wars" missile defense programs, there would be no way to stop the missiles that North Korea already possesses once they were launched against Tokyo or Seoul.

Now that [b]the Japanese have been so let down by the Republican Party[/b], Japan should exert some of its enormous power. Japan holds some $ 690 billion of America's foreign debt. It should make clear to the Bush administration that it will diversify its holdings and start purchasing euros and other currencies unless the Bush administration reopens direct talks with North Korea.

The opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are the writer's own and do not necessarily reflect the policies of The Japan Times.
The Japan Times
(C) All rights reserved

Now, THIS ticks me off.... here is this dimwit spreading his trash to unsuspecting victims on this side of the ocean. This came out in today's OPINION section of The Japan Times.
I did a search on google and found that it was actually sent to multiple outlets:
SmirkingChimp
..etc..

GOOGLE RESULTS if you want to see the list... :/

As you all know.. I am NOT a good debater and really want to send this guy a message back (through the OPINION section of the paper) to let him know that not everyone over here is the iodiots that he wants us to be. I just can't do it because I can't make a good argument.

The things that stood out the most to me:
Blaming Bush for the NUKES in Korea.. I think we all know here that it began with Clinton overlooking NK while they started processing uranium back in the 90's... (Oh, forgot to mention that he says that all Japanese should be "outraged at the Bush administration".... I wanted to shove the paper down his throat.

I'm skipping most of the stuff I emphasized because I know that many of you can read the missconceptions/mistakes he is spewing out.. and come out with a better answer than me.

There IS 1 thing I am curious about though.... The 'Star Wars Program'... I thought that Clinton put a stop to that when he was elected. If this is so, how can this moore-on be so bold as to throw that in there at the current POTUS too?

>.<

MJ
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel invisible now... I know that there are several peeps that read my post...

I know I'm not the smartest person in the world, or America.. or in Japan... Maybe what I posted was not the smartest thing to post... But I asked for advice and help to return a reply to this BS.

I am 36 years old, and maybe I should be smarter (wiser) than I am (and probably should be), but we all have limitations on what we know depending on our chosen sources.. (and maybe upbringing... which in this case, I really had none, except for the military).

BUT, I feel hurt that I put forth the effort to put forth what I see and feel in my heart and NO ONE offers any help or advice. Now, I have been a member (although I haven't really offered much help and/or information to help the cause) of this site and read it daily, many times per day.

I have spoken with many people that have the same feelings and ideas as us (whether DEMO or REPUB) but when I ask if they know this site, they say something like, 'Yeah, that group that is totally/radically extreme REPUB"....
I know that there is a mixture of REPUBS and DEMS that all agree on the same points to protect this (or our country in this case, since I am in Japan).... I don't care if you're DEM or REP... the main point here is that we want to protect our country and any other country that wants to support freedom for whatever country you are in or support.

NOW... I am in Japan, teaching 5-12 year old kids.... I am NOT a soldier now, but I was, and I was a soldier (airman in this case) during the 1st Gulf War... and I am now considering going back to the states to sign on to be a true soldier just to protect/spread freedom. If I am selected to go to IRAQ or otherwise... and die in battle, I am only 1 person. But I feel that if I die in this situation, I will (would, past tense) have dies for a good cause.

As far as I know, I have never said anything against the Swift Vets (meaning this site and it's movement)... If I have, someone please tell me where I made that mistake. I will apologise and try to make up for it.

I'm sorry that I have rambled on, and I haven't run a spell check, so there may be many mistakes (typo, or otherwise), but I am hurt that no one has offered to help.

Freedom is not free... but you can see you true friends by those who truely try to help.

MJ aka Lonewolf
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan, fret not. Show them this article:

The Clinton Legacy: North Korea's Bomb
Dave Eberhart, NewsMax.com
Monday, Oct. 9, 2006

North Korea's first detonation of a nuclear weapon may have taken place during the watch of George W. Bush — but it was under the Clinton administration's watch that the communist regime began gathering necessary materials and constructing the bomb.

As Western powers race to confirm that North Korea did in fact explode a nuclear device in Gilju, a remote region in the Hamgyong province, some see it as a culmination of weak U.S. action during the 1990s that led to this fateful day.

Fateful Beginnings

After entering into an agreement with the United States in 1994, the Clinton administration ignored evidence the North Koreans were violating the agreement and continuing to build a nuclear weapon. "In July of 2002, documentary evidence was found in the form of purchase orders for the materials necessary to enrich uranium," NewsMax's James Hirsen previously reported.

"In October 2002, Assistant Secretary of State James Kelly met with his North Korean counterpart for scheduled talks. Kelly confronted North Korea with the tangible evidence of its duplicity. After a day of outright denial, North Korea abruptly reversed its position and defiantly acknowledged a secret nuclear program."

Timeline of a Nuclear Bomb

A review of recent history shows that that the Clinton administration gave up a clear and perhaps last best chance to nip the North Korean bomb in the bud:

1985: North Korea signs the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

1989: The Central Intelligence Agency discovers the North Koreans are building a reprocessing facility — a reactor capable of converting fuel rods into weapons-grade plutonium. The fuel rods were extracted 10 years before from that nation's Yongbyon reactor.

The rods represent a shortcut to enriched plutonium and an atomic bomb.

Spring, 1994: A year into President Clinton's first term, North Korea prepares to remove the Yongbyon fuel rods from their storage site. North Korea expels international weapons inspectors and withdraws from the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Clinton asks the United Nations Security Council to consider sanctions. North Korean spokesmen proclaim such sanctions would cause war.

The Pentagon draws up plans to send 50,000 troops to South Korea — along with 400 war planes, 50 ships, Apache helicopters, Bradley fighting vehicles, and Patriot missiles. An advance force of 250 soldiers is sent in to set up headquarters for the expanded force.

Clinton balks and sets up a diplomatic back-channel to end the crisis — former President Jimmy Carter. Exceeding instructions, Carter negotiates the outlines of a treaty and announces the terms live on CNN.

Oct. 21, 1994: The United States and North Korea sign a formal accord based on those outlines, called the Agreed Framework. Under its terms:

North Korea promises to renew its commitment to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, lock up the fuel rods, and let inspectors back in to monitor the facility.

The United States agrees — with financial backing from South Korea and Japan — that it will provide two light-water nuclear reactors for electricity, send a large supply of fuel oil, and that it will not invade North Korea.

Upon delivery of the first light-water reactor, inspections of suspected North Korean nuclear sites were supposed to start. After the second reactor arrived, North Korea was supposed to ship its fuel rods out of the country.

The two countries also agreed to lower trade barriers and install ambassadors in each other's capitals — with the United States providing full assurances that it would never use nuclear weapons against North Korea.

(None of the above came to pass. Congress did not make the financial commitment — neither did South Korea. The light-water reactors were never funded. The enumerated steps toward normalization were never taken.)

Jan. 2002: In President Bush's State of the Union Address, he famously labels North Korea, Iran, and Iraq as an "axis of evil."

Oct., 2002: Officials from the U.S. State Department fly to Pyongyang, where that government admits it had acquired centrifuges for processing highly enriched uranium, which could be used for building nuclear weapons.

It is now clear to all parties that the promised reactors are never going to be built. Normalization of relations fizzles.

The CIA learns that North Korea may have been acquiring centrifuges for enriching uranium since the late 1990s — probably from Pakistan.

Oct. 20, 2002: Bush announces that the United States is formally withdrawing from the Carter-brokered 1994 agreement.

The United States halts oil supplies to North Korea and urges other countries to cut off all economic relations with Pyongyang.

Dec., 2002: North Korea expels the international weapons inspectors, restarts the nuclear reactor at Yongbyon, and unlocks the container holding the fuel rods.

Jan. 10, 2003: North Korea withdraws from the Non-Proliferation Treaty — noting, however, that there would be a change of position if the U.S. resumed its obligations under the Agreed Framework and signed a non-aggression pledge.

March, 2003: President Bush orders several B-1 and B-52 bombers to the U.S. Air Force base in Guam — within range of North Korea.

April, 2003: North Korea's deputy foreign minister announces that his country now has "deterrent" nuclear weapons.

May, 2003: Bush orders the Guam-based aircraft back to their home bases.

October, 2003: The North Koreans announce they have reprocessed all 8,000 of their fuel rods and solved the technical problems of converting the plutonium into nuclear bombs.

link:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/10/9/132140.shtml?s=al&promo_code=26C8-1
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
I feel invisible now... I know that there are several peeps that read my post...~~~~~I'm sorry that I have rambled on, and I haven't run a spell check, so there may be many mistakes (typo, or otherwise), but I am hurt that no one has offered to help.

Freedom is not free... but you can see you true friends by those who truely try to help.

MJ aka Lonewolf

Mr Japan? Yer not alone pal! Gotcha a ex MP & cav trooper ritch beside ya Smile and some help from someone else. Never alone pal, never alone Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: