SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ted Kennedy -- KGB collaborator? (a rhetorical question?)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Ted Kennedy -- KGB collaborator? (a rhetorical question?) Reply with quote

What was John Kerry up to when Kennedy and Carter were trying to sell the US down the river?

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/015679.php

Ted Kennedy -- KGB collaborator?

Ted Kennedy has acknowledged that Ronald Reagan "will be honored as the president who won the Cold War." But if a letter from the head of the KGB to Soviet leader Yuri Andropov is authentic and accurate, then Kennedy offered to work with the Soviets to undermine the very efforts by Reagan that brought us that victory.

The letter, dated May 14 1983, features in a new book by Paul Kengor called The Crusader: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism discussed here by the Washington Times. In the letter, KGB head Viktor Chebrikov describes a message he received from Kennedy through Kennedy pal and former U.S. Senator John Tunney. According to Chebrikov, Kennedy (through Tunney) expressed concern with "Reagan's belligerence" and the fact that antipathy towards the Soviets will be an important issue in the 1984 presidential campaign. Kennedy stated that the peaceful intentions of the Soviets weren't being given their due by the president or the media. He therefore proposed a meeting with Soviet officials in which he would "arm" them with arguments "so they may be better prepared and more convincing during appearances in the USA." He also suggested that Andropov made himself available for interviews by media in the U.S.

In short, if the KGB man's account is accurate, Kennedy was working with the Soviets to undermine Reagan's hard line policies and influence the 1984 election. As Kengor puts it:

If the memo is in fact an accurate account of what transpired, it constitutes a remakable example of the lengths to which some on the political left, including a sitting U.S. senator, were willing to go to stop Ronald Reagan.

Raise your hand if you believe that Ted Kennedy and today's left-wing Democrats are above this sort of behavior when it comes to stopping President Bush.

JOHN adds: Kennedy wasn't the only one. As we've noted before, Soviet archives also indicate that Jimmy Carter and Tip O'Neill offered to collaborate with the Russians to undermine Reagan.

Posted by Paul at 09:33 AM
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even in a jaded world, it is breathtaking to discover a U.S. senator -- brother of a former president -- actively and secretly collaborating with Soviet leaders in an attempt to undermine the president of the United States' nuclear defense policy during the height of the cold war.

Washington Times

Yes...isn't it?
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am baffled at the uniform sKerry is wearing. His hair is way out of regs and I have never seen anyone wear their medals on fatigues before.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy was never issued any type of fatigues. We stole only camo, tiger stripe fatigues or traded for them. This picture was only for photo ops and nothing more by the leftist and communist press then as it is now.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Army point of view, he is wearing standard stateside fatigues and no ribbons were authorized to be worn on them.

In Viet Nam, we wore an entirely different work uniform, Jungle Fatigues, which had slanted pockets and even baggier than what he has on.

Like MTBoone said, he is dressed as he is strictly for a photo op.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bet is you're looking at the political muscle that may have been instrumental in Kerry getting PH #1 awarded 3 months after the fact and a co-conspirator in conceiving, facilitating and counseling Kerry's treasonous trips to Paris.

The genesis of this topic's treasonous conduct may have had its prototype a decade earlier.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
My bet is you're looking at the political muscle that may have been instrumental in Kerry getting PH #1 awarded 3 months after the fact and a co-conspirator in conceiving, facilitating and counseling Kerry's treasonous trips to Paris.

The genesis of this topic's treasonous conduct may have had its prototype a decade earlier.

I think almost all the Kennedy's were anti american, starting with their father Joseph Senior. He screwed them up in their thinking and life style, that they were above the law or scruntiny. Ted killed a woman by drowning, JFK and his younger brother Robert just played around with Monroe until she died. Time will take away what people think of the their Camolot era and realize, they were worthless in substance and the hype of them is not justified.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often wonder why the people of MA still vote him in office? While I am one of those people who believe the he should have been sitting in some jail cell....never elected to a political office. But then again I think Kerry should be sitting in some military jail for his actions also. It is sad that those who are rich and powerful do not have to live by the rest of the rules socieity. Can we force MA to be removed from the United States and make the state a part of France...they seem much more suited. Very Happy
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:

For my money you have hit the proverbial 'nail on the head' Me#1.
The conspiracy that is Kennedy and friends are 50 yrs long and still in action today.
I only hope that one day all that they have done behind the scenes will be brought into the light of day so that their names will live in infamy along with Dec. 7.

Dusty
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
Navy was never issued any type of fatigues. We stole only camo, tiger stripe fatigues or traded for them. This picture was only for photo ops and nothing more by the leftist and communist press then as it is now.

Sorry, my excellent swift brother. I arrived in-country in Dec 69 and was issued greens by the Navy soon after arriving an the Annapolis Hotel. I wore them when I reported in at Qui Nhon, a few days before Xmas. Since Kerry's sorry butt left for Conus only a few months prior and his tour was very short, he may have received fatigues. I have no love for the creep but facts are facts. One other item. The military confiscated all greens and camo before letting anyone leave Viet Nam. They claimed that it was to prevent agricultural diseases from returning to the States on any unwashed or poorly washed clothing. Kerry would have had to buy the fatigues after arriving stateside. So you are still correct, by swift brother, Kerry bought the fatigues here.
Jack
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seabees are issued utilities on a regular basis. However, in Kerrys
case, shouldn't the name go over the left pocket and branch of service
- US ARMY, US NAVY, USMC, US AIR FORCE. go over the right
pocket? All I ever wore were dungarees, but then, sailors on ships
tended to do that.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
mtboone wrote:

Sorry, my excellent swift brother. I arrived in-country in Dec 69 and was issued greens by the Navy soon after arriving an the Annapolis Hotel. I wore them when I reported in at Qui Nhon, a few days before Xmas. Since Kerry's sorry butt left for Conus only a few months prior and his tour was very short, he may have received fatigues. I have no love for the creep but facts are facts. One other item. The military confiscated all greens and camo before letting anyone leave Viet Nam. They claimed that it was to prevent agricultural diseases from returning to the States on any unwashed or poorly washed clothing. Kerry would have had to buy the fatigues after arriving stateside. So you are still correct, by swift brother, Kerry bought the fatigues here.
Jack

I should have said, Swift boat sailors were not issued greens but base personnel maybe were.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was issued Marine style green fatigues and one pair of combat boots in early 1970 at Coronado for advisor training before being sent to Viet Nam. I was issued more Marine style green fatigues in Saigon. I remember carrying a seabag full of fatigues, another pair of combat boots, poncho, M-16 magazines, M-16 cleaning kit, flak jacket, helmet, and helemt liner along with the M-16 back to the Navy Transit Barracks before being sent to Qui Nhon as a Swift Boat Advisor. We had to buy the camo style fatigues and Advisor berets if we wanted to wear them.

I remember checking out of Viet Nam a year later at Camh Ranh Bay for the freedom flight. I had one M-16, one magazine, and the greens I was wearing. The guy checking me out of country asked, Where is everything else you were issued? I answered, They went down with my boat. He said, That is the same answer I always get from boat advisors. We had to strip naked and provide a urine sample while being watched before changing into civilian clothes. There was a firefight on the base perimeter that night. I remember being more scared than any other night in Viet Nam. I was unarmed, in civilian clothes, and felt very helpless.

We wore civilian clothes on the freedom flight back to the U.S. because of the protestors. The other services had to wear class A uniforms on the freedom flights. They were jealous of the sailors in civilian clothes with beards.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
From the Army point of view, he is wearing standard stateside fatigues and no ribbons were authorized to be worn on them.

What's equally mystifying to me is the number of ribbons he's wearing. My eyesight tells me he's wearing four rows totalling eleven. The SS and BS in the top row, the PH is the first ribbon in the second row. For the rest of them, I can only account for Vietnam Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal and RVN Campaign Medal. That's six. If there were a Unit Citation of any kind, it would be worn separately.

Was he awarded hero medals of some kind by the RVN? Even then it's questionable whether they should be worn on a U.S. uniform and certainly not on fatigues. Anyway, that's quite a haul for 3+months.

It would interesting for any of you who were in-country 'Nam to look at your DD-214s and see if any RVN medals are shown.

I can't help but think of Adm. Boorda, CNO, who shot himself when a reporter noticed and just had to publish the fact that Boorda was wearing a "V" device improperly.

Schadow
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to FDL's original topic for a minute, if Ted Kennedy, Jimmy Carter, John Tunney, Tip O'Neill, etc., did engage in the discourse described by the KGB, they were in clear violation of the Logan Act and could have spent up to three years in the Greybar Hotel.

Quote:
The Logan Act is a United States federal law that forbids private citizens from negotiating with foreign governments. It was passed in 1799 and last amended in 1994.

Passed under the administration of President John Adams during tension between the U.S. and France, it was named for Dr. George Logan of Pennsylvania, who engaged in semi-negotiations with France during the Quasi-War. (The Quasi-War was an undeclared war fought entirely at sea between the United States and France from 1798 to 1800.)

Text of the law

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

Additionally, all the 'communicators' could have been punished under the Constitution, Amendment XIV, Section 3:

Quote:
3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Of course, nothing will happen. Both the Logan Act and the Constitution are on such old, yellowed paper and obviously don't apply to Democrats.Rolling Eyes

(Source for Logan Act data here)

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: