SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WOW, MSM Takes It To Pelosi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: WOW, MSM Takes It To Pelosi Reply with quote

I have't lived in San Diego since 2002. I'm very surprised to see this article about Pelosi in the Union Tribune.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20061029/news_mz1e29caldwe.html
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, very interesting article. Actually a sane review.
There must me a group of Muslim terrorists living below this reporters
apartment.

Well San Diego was a Navy Town.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the snips in the UnionTrib article has long been a totally incomprehensible thing for me:

Quote:
..... Pelosi also reportedly told colleagues that she would appoint as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee overseeing America's counterterrorism efforts Rep. Alcee Hastings, an ultra-liberal and at least formerly sleazy Florida Democrat. Hastings was impeached [and convicted, BTW] and removed as a federal judge by a Democratic-controlled Congress in 1988-89 on bribery and obstruction of justice charges.

Hastings' rap sheet in his Wikipedia bio reads, in part (emphasis added):

Quote:
Alcee Lamar Hastings (born September 5, 1936) is a member of the United States House of Representatives representing the 23rd District of Florida (map). He was born in Altamonte Springs, Florida, and was educated at Fisk University in Nashville, Tennessee; Howard University in Washington, D.C.; and Florida A&M University.

A Representative since 1993 and a Democrat, Hastings was a lawyer and judge of the circuit court of Broward County, Florida, and United States District Court judge for the Southern District of Florida (1979 to 1989).

After his impeachment and removal from office for corruption and perjury (see below), Hastings was elected to the House of Representatives in 1992. He is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus and was elected President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe in July 2004.

In 1989, Hastings was impeached by the U.S. House of Representatives for corruption and perjury. The Democratic-controlled Senate convicted Judge Hastings of accepting a $150,000 bribe in 1981 in exchange for a lenient sentence. He became only the sixth Judge in the history of impeachment in the United States to be removed from office by the United States Senate.

<snip>

The Senate had the option to forbid Hastings from ever seeking federal office again when it removed him, but did not do so.

It simply boggles the mind not only that such a person is even serving in the Congress but is due for chairmanship of the House Intel Committee. How could he possibly hold a security clearance with that background?

Oh, well. If Sandy can hold one after looting the National Archives, I guess anything goes. Confused What's next in Pelosi's goody bag? Rep. William Jefferson (D-La) for chairman of the House Ethics Committee?

Schadow (No, that's Hastings, not me)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how long Caldwell will remain employed? Wink

Long overdue artice exposing Pelosi with her past misdeeds.

I have added my two cents on the article here:

Nancy Pelosi, Too Liberal for America
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caldwell is still employed and he wrote this gem today. It's been a while since the San Diego Union and The San Diego Evening Tribune merged and as I recall one of those papers leaned Republican. Maybe Caldwell is a holdover from those days. In any case, it's surprising to read this point of view in the MSM.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20061105/news_lz1e5caldwell.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: