SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bob Perry under attack from CREW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Bob Perry under attack from CREW Reply with quote

The execrable Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), a liberal attack machine of Foley fame and funded by Soros, is attacking Americans for Honesty on Issues (AFHOI), Bob Perry's 527, for being late with two expenditure reports, one 17 days, and the other 7 days. (Emphasis added)

Oh! The humanity!

Quote:
Legal Action

November 2, 2006

CREW Files IRS Complaint Against Americans for Honesty on Issues

Washington, DC – Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) filed an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) complaint against Americans for Honesty on Issues (AFHOI), a registered 527 organization, for failing to report contributions and expenditures as required by federal law.

As of November 2, 2006, AFHOI had not filed reports with the IRS for two reporting periods, including the 3rd quarter report, due October 16, 2006, and the pre-general election report due on October 26, 2006. Federal law requires 527s like AFHOI to disclose all contributions and expenditures to the IRS.

Any 527 that fails to report its expenditures and contributions may be assessed a tax up to 35% of the unreported totals. CREW estimates that the IRS fine AFHOI up to $1.68 million.

AFHOI filed as a 527 political organization in August 2006, and has subsequently raised over $3 million from its sole donor, Bob Perry. Perry previously gave $95,000 to former Majority Leader Tom DeLay’s Americans for a Republican Majority (ARMPAC) and he contributed $200,000 to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

In response to a CREW IRS complaint, ARMPAC was levied a $115,000 fine and forced to shut its doors for tax violations in July 2006.

According to FEC records, AFHOI has aired advertisements against ten federal candidates around the country. [The real crime, never mind late reports - Ed.]

The IRS complaint and supporting exhibits are available on CREW’s website, www.citizensforethics.org.

Source

Schadow
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'sfunny how this works. I'll betcha anything that CREW hasn't looked into any of the George Soros funded organizations - for one reason because they're so hard to identify and secondly because there are so many of them.

Down here in Texas we have a Democrat running for Governor who was recently given several million dollars by one rich donor. I haven't heard a peep out of Ronnie ("money is evil") Earl, nor do I have confidence that CREW is watching those monies.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is about as blatant a demonstration of "smear" by innuendo as you can get. X contributed to Y. Y is accused of offense Z therefore X must be guilty of Z.

What bunk, and I feel tainted even taking the time to respond to this sleaze. In fact, I wonder if it's even appropriate addressing this crud in this space.

However, as long as we're here, a LONG OVERDUE BZ! to Mr. and Mrs. Robert Perry for both their remarkable dedication to and support of the SVPT and their enormous and ongoing contributions to fostering and defending the common values we all so obviously share.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me thinks our Gov Perry has got it sewn up...........yeayes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: