SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now that Dems are in control..we will pull out of Iraq?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Now that Dems are in control..we will pull out of Iraq? Reply with quote

I just could not believe that this would ever be considered.

So basically the world will learn that the Americans are weak, unable to stand up for the rights of others, and will run when the going gets tough. Don't count on us anymore because we are just a bunch of people who will bluster, yell and then backdown. Does anyone else see it this way other than me?

I cried when I found out the dems took control (I can since I am a girl..LOL). I cried for all those men and women who died in this war because they have now died for nothing. It truly makes me wonder if the American MSM reported like this during WWII would we all be speaking German right now?

It just gets me when people want to listen to the likes of Murtha who does not have a ounce of common sense in his brain!

This is why the Iraqi people would not stand up and fight because the one thing they feared more than anything MIGHT just become a reality. The Americans will leave and their country then will fall into the hands of something worst than Saddam.

I guess we should wonder WILL President Bush stand up and not let this happen or will he fold his cards...I just do not know what he will do. One of the reasons the republicans lost is because they did not stand up.

Look at the ater elections...like good republicans we said we lost and let it be...but if the Democrats had lost they had reportably 400 lawyers geared up to fight...early on Tues Howard Dean was already calling that people were suppressed...but once the counts started coming in he shut up.

So the dems will now pull out of Iraq...which in the long run will cause more Americans to die...more terrorist attacks on the home land, and what will happen once we leave Iraq? It will be our worst nightmore!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't "pullout" or "cut and run," Theresa. They will engage in "responsible redeployment," whatever that means Rolling Eyes Confused
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can call it "responsible pullout"...but to me it is still a cut and run and I am mad as hell about this. Too bad they would not take this 46 year old female...because I would go back active today as I believe what we are doing is right and removing the troops from Iraq is WRONG!...then you can tell me it is like Vietnam and I thought it would be a cold day before I ever saw the likes of that type of behavior again. Just plain old sad...where have all the good men/women gone? I do not see them in congress.

Oh that is right they are all stupid according to John Kerry and sitting in Iraq.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
They won't "pullout" or "cut and run," Theresa. They will engage in "responsible redeployment," whatever that means Rolling Eyes Confused

When I was a kid, people referred to France’s “advance to the rear” actions in WWII.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that Democrats will try to force the issue, but they will try to make it as difficult as possible for Bush to handle the situation. Democrats are clueless about how to handle national problems. They are only interested in playing silly little political games.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Dems aren't known as the "Part of Cut & Run" because they stick with anything of substance. They have no platform, thay have no goals other than "Hate Bush". Now that they are in power, they don't have a clue what comes next.
Firedawg
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can here the Dems yelling at the top of their voices "RUN FORREST RUN"

They're going to go over and take lessons from the French on how to give up and run. Reminds me of an interview with Ted Nugent by a french journalist.

Ted Nugent on Deer Hunting

Ted was being interviewed about his deer hunting by a touchy-feely French journalist.

The journalist asked, "What do you think is the last thought in the head of a deer before you shoot him? Is it, "Are you my friend?" or is it "Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, "What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French."
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

Well, let me posit something rather different. I honestly believe that most if not ALL of the posturing on Iraq done by the Democrats up to election '04 was politically motivated in order to position themselves to regain the House and Senate. Mission accomplished.

Now they're in the driver's seat and will be held co-responsible for the decision-making processes in the WOT.

I think we'll all be quite surprised to note a new reluctance on the part of many Democrats to yank the hard-earned rug from under the feet of a fledgling Iraqi democracy and to unilaterally abandon the profound influence on ME affairs that our established military presence affords.

IOW, they talked the talk...they won't walk the walk...we shall see.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they talked the talk...they won't walk the walk...we shall see.

All the various factions within the party are at odds even with each other. The "peaceniks" demand an immediate withdrawal, others want a phased withdrawal and still relatively few others want to actually win.

It is hard to say what they will end up trying to do in the end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: