SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Lawsuit Alleges UnitedHealth/Pacificare Deceived Patient

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: New Lawsuit Alleges UnitedHealth/Pacificare Deceived Patient Reply with quote

New Lawsuit Alleges Unitedhealth/Pacificare Deceived Cancer Patient

Download this press release as an Adobe PDF document.

New Lawsuit Alleges Pacificare Set Course Of Deception To Avoid Claims and Cancel Policy of 34 Year Old Kidney Cancer Patient To Increase Company Profits.

Irvine, CA (PRWEB) November 18, 2006 -- UnitedHealth Group, the nations second largest health insurer, and its subsidiary Pacificare of California were named in a lawsuit yesterday for canceling the health insurance policy and refusing to pay medical bills after a cancer patient sought treatment. (D'ANNA vs PACIFICARE OF CALIFORNIA #GIN057028)

The lawsuit was filed in the Superior Court of San Diego by attorneys Robert K. Scott and Scott Mahoney of the Irvine-based Law Offices of Robert K. Scott. The lawsuit adds UnitedHealth Group and Pacificare of California to the growing list of California insurers who have been accused of revoking health care polices after patients get sick.

UnitedHealth Group Inc Thursday announced a 38% jump in its third-quarter earnings, aided by gains from last years PacifiCare acquisition. Recent revelations of a "conflict of interest" have been reported at the DMHC during hearings on the merger between UnitedHealth and Pacificare in California.

"I was repulsed when I learned that the CEO of UnitedHealth Group had 1.6 Billion in stock options while I am being harassed by collection agencies for the medical bills Pacificare refused to pay", said Salvatore D'Anna, the Plaintiff in the lawsuit.

According to the lawsuit filed yesterday, UnitedHealth Group and Pacificare of California allegedly failed to properly manage the patient's cancer treatment and withheld information that put his life in jeopardy to avoid the cost of a second surgery to remove his kidney because of remaining cancer reported in his Pathology report.

Pacificare allegedly withheld the coverage decision for the second surgery until the patient flew across the country for the procedure. Submitted documents indicate Pacificare informed the patient the day before the surgery that they were denying coverage which forced the patient to ask his parents to loan him $25,000 for a down payment on the surgery. When the patient returned home, instead of offering to pay for the surgery, Pacificare allegedly sent a letter that purported to cancel the policy.

The Complaint against UnitedHealth Group and Pacificare can be read here.

About The Law Offices of Robert K. Scott (www.robertkscott.com):

For over thirty years, The Law Offices of Robert K. Scott has sued insurance companies on behalf of both individual consumers and businesses against the abuses of the insurance industry. This area of law is known as "insurance bad faith." Our goal is to vigorously fight to protect your rights and to achieve maximum results for you.

###

Trackback URL : http://www.prweb.com/chachingpr.php/U3F1YS1TaW5nLUluc2UtSGFsZi1NYWduLVplcm8=
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get em SBD. Best wishes for a successful outcome. Looks like you have found a good law firm to handle the case.

Dusty
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Pacificare - guess I'd better watch 'em like a hawk...only thing is I have trouble remembering much of anything most days.... oh dear...

I have a hard time remembering how old my kids are.... and the gkids!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put Pacificare on the "Do Not Buy" list along with Progressive Insurance and Geico. Un-American insurance companies, fo sho.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD do not trust your attorneys.

When an attorney actually creates/builds something productive for the betterment of society my opinion may begin to change. Until then, in my view they are all blood suckers who sold their soul to the devil for pennies on the dollar.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:

When an attorney actually creates/builds something productive for the betterment of society my opinion may begin to change.

Better start changing. (I'll make sure your new one is freshly pressed. Wink )

John O'Neill is an attorney.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Now THAT was below the belt and the waterline Laughing
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:

When an attorney actually creates/builds something productive for the betterment of society my opinion may begin to change. Until then, in my view they are all blood suckers who sold their soul to the devil for pennies on the dollar.

Thanks for the advice, I think! I am supposed to take the LSAT in February! Shocked

At this point, I do not trust anyone. As a matter of fact, I wrote the above release and before my attorneys wrote their complaint, I sent them a complaint that I wrote myself. They told me my complaint was very good and pretty much used it as I wrote it except I had also added the medical group as a defendant.

They are only handling the "bad faith" portion of the lawsuit, so I am now writing the Malpractice complaint and will send it to a lawyer when I am ready to file that case. It is much easier this way since no one can tell my story better than me... Very Happy

By the way, here are the stats for the release thus far.

Reads 40,455 from the PRWEB site and does not include RSS or other websites that have picked it up for their own websites.

Picked Up by Media/Journalists 307 Does not include the emails sent directly to journalists.

Thanks to all for the encouragement, all of you have been a great support.

SBD
GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
GenrXr wrote:

When an attorney actually creates/builds something productive for the betterment of society my opinion may begin to change.

John O'Neill made up for all his years of being an attorney the day he stood on that platform with his brothers in arms and said John Kerry was unfit to be CIC.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
GenrXr wrote:

John O'Neill made up for all his years of being an attorney the day he stood on that platform with his brothers in arms and said John Kerry was unfit to be CIC.

Actually, it was when he challenged Kerry to a live debate and Kerry hid for months to avoid it.

SBD
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenXr's craft was a little too swift for that below the waterline shot. Excellent recovery there too, GenXr Wink

I feel safe in saying that John Kerry will always hide from John O'Neill & anyone else too! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: