SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rove presentation at the Hillsdale College Churchill Dinner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Rove presentation at the Hillsdale College Churchill Dinner Reply with quote

given at the Mayflower Hotel in DC....

why this wasn't a core message during the final campaign prior to the election I'll never understand:
http://www.cspan.org/videoarchives.asp?CatCodePairs=,&ArchiveDays=100

javascript:playClip(clip28878) @ C-Span.org (it's currently the #1 search item, but that won't last, and since I don't have Realplayer, I'm CSpan challenged, perhaps the moderators can fix this glitch)

It'll soon be the best kept secret at CSpan, since the message was so compelling! And you'll never hear a word of it from our LSM !

Deuce
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note on the Hillsdale College angle.

For those unfamiliar with Hillsdale, it is one of the very few if not only colleges in the US that has refused any federal money. That means even its students can not use government loans or grants. (Ironically it also means no ROTC even though it has historically produced large numbers of military leaders.) The benefit is that Hillsdale can give the royal rasberry to fed PC mandates and quota requirements. (Their position is that they were doing the right things ie Co-ed, integration etc, because it was the right thing to do long before the gov started telling colleges what they had to teach and who they had to admit.) Though not a sectarian college, its focus on the values of Western Civilization make it quite conservative. We have two daughters there now and a third on the way. Many of the Freshman classes start with Genisus 1:1. Several professors start their classes with prayer.

For those with college bound kids or grandkids.....its worth a look. For those who support Hillsdale we thank you. For those interested in supporting a rare beacon for intellectual honesty in higher education, I am sure Hillsdale would welcome it.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent some time pokeing around the Hillsdale home page trying to figure out if this is the same college Bill Cosby has supported strongly for many years. I don't know the answer to that yet but I did find a damn good read from one of thier recent lectures on campus.......

Got time, take a read of this: http://www.hillsdale.edu/imprimis/
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great article, Deuce. It was in this month's issue.
For over 20 years, I have received the monthly Imprimus publication delivered by mail.
Always features an informative article by really stellar speakers and writers.
Click on the Archive 'drop down' and see the list of featured articles.

http://www.hillsdale.edu/imprimis/archive.asp

I highly recommend it to everyone. You can get a lifetime free subscription just by clicking on subscription at the top of the page, fill in your name and address and every month you will get a good read!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: